PDA

View Full Version : Silk Automotive Body Kits

GalantLogic
11-24-2006, 10:43 PM
what do you guys think of this kit?? i ran across this today. i'm not too sure about how i feel about it.

http://www.andysautosport.com//images/product/exterior/body_kits/full_kit/sm__silk_mg-99101.jpg

seth98esT
11-24-2006, 10:49 PM
"Ewwww" comes to mind.

txgalant
11-24-2006, 10:51 PM
i like it

GalantLogic
11-24-2006, 11:00 PM
i like it

i like it too, the more i think about it. the thing is, it's reallly cheap, which makes me think the quality must be low.

i've been looking at kits for a while now, but the price of paint and install is making me second guess it. i was thinking of getting it painted at Maaco, and putting it on myself. what do you think?

i like this one because you don't see it often, and the cyber is my second choice. these are the two that i've been looking at for months now. i figured they'd set the car off well

Reelax
11-24-2006, 11:11 PM
i like it too, the more i think about it. the thing is, it's reallly cheap, which makes me think the quality must be low.
i've been looking at kits for a while now, but the price of paint and install is making me second guess it. i was thinking of getting it painted at Maaco, and putting it on myself. what do you think?
i like this one because you don't see it often, and the cyber is my second choice. these are the two that i've been looking at for months now. i figured they'd set the car off well

it's a black widow mustang kit adapted to work for our cars. i personally would not buy it.

Niytrus
11-24-2006, 11:59 PM
One member I believe has it... black galant, TGC name slips my mind, but I think it is creamofthecrop.

Bezzle
11-25-2006, 02:21 AM
One member I believe has it... black galant, TGC name slips my mind, but I think it is creamofthecrop.
correctomundo.
copied image from a past thread.do a search on his member name and check all of his threads for pics.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/cremeofthecrop/100_0276.jpg

The F.B.I
11-25-2006, 03:32 AM
this was the kit i was gunna get... but i went for the cyber...

Kid
11-25-2006, 03:48 AM
Haha, I'm buying the rear bumber for this kit, due to the fact that when I ordered my kit two years ago, the company sent me this front...
http://www.groundeffects.com/images/autos3/galant651f.jpg

Which is the kit I wanted, however instead of sending the rear below (Which Is What They Were Supposed To Send)...
http://www.groundeffects.com/images/autos2/galant113r.jpg

They sent this rear instead (7G)...
http://www.groundeffects.com/images/autos2/galant056r.jpg

Eh, go figure...
:D

Kid

fatal1
11-25-2006, 04:22 AM
i dont really like that kit although it does look good on cream of the crops car, i would go with the cyber, or jdm conversion

Sillyasianz
11-25-2006, 05:41 AM
Go jdm conversion. You will spend a bit more, but its worth it.

Koncept
11-25-2006, 06:49 AM
i think that's probably the worst front bumper i've seen. doesn't match any of the body lines, in my opinion. too boxy. i'd much rather go with the legnum front...

mindwerkz
11-25-2006, 08:06 PM
i think that's probably the worst front bumper i've seen. doesn't match any of the body lines, in my opinion. too boxy. i'd much rather go with the legnum front...

Legnum fronts are pimp! And if anyone can find a Nifty-R one that won't cost me a trillion dollars to import, PLEASE let me know.

ericbla03
11-25-2006, 09:50 PM

make sure you test fit it and do all the modifications to it BEFORE you get it painted. Since the kit is cheap it will have to be modified to fit the car correctly (almost all body kits do). You definately dont want to have to do this after it has been painted.

werperp
11-26-2006, 02:51 AM
i initially thought civic. looks a little better in black. but then again....a lot of things look a lot better black. just an opinion.

fatal1
11-26-2006, 04:43 AM
Legnum fronts are pimp! And if anyone can find a Nifty-R one that won't cost me a trillion dollars to import, PLEASE let me know.

try pming trigger or one of the other importer exporters to get some estimated prices

lonestar22
11-26-2006, 03:07 PM
gross

Reelax
11-26-2006, 03:29 PM

there is a reason there are only 2 in the US and maybe 10 total worldwide.

DNSerrano
11-27-2006, 12:34 AM
Even though I've said this before I love that front bumper/body kit but AndysAutoSport.com does not carry it anymore...

01galant01
11-27-2006, 12:44 AM
not bad, but personally i would not want to see it on my car

GalantLogic
11-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Even though I've said this before I love that front bumper/body kit but AndysAutoSport.com does not carry it anymore...

i made the call today and surprisingly, they have it in stock. i know for a while they didn't stock it, but today i called and they gave me an estimate on shipping and everything. $400 to ship...kind of rough

Reelax
11-27-2006, 09:03 PM
i made the call today and surprisingly, they have it in stock. i know for a while they didn't stock it, but today i called and they gave me an estimate on shipping and everything. $400 to ship...kind of rough

rough as in pricey? $400 shipped for the entire kit? you guys are spoiled; jeez.

lnkn52
11-27-2006, 09:29 PM
rough as in pricey? $400 shipped for the entire kit? you guys are spoiled; jeez.

400 for the whole kit is a big WOW...really cheap :shock:

my exact thoughts Reelax

fatal1
11-27-2006, 10:11 PM
yea i payed that for my vrg lip lol not even talking about the bumper lol or the sides or rear, $400 really isnt expensive, but honestly i wouldnt get it from your avatar it looks as if you have a silver g, the vhite one pictured looks horrible, definatelly will not look good on a lighter car, cream of the crops it looks good but i just dont see it with the lighter colors at all

SLS2000
11-27-2006, 10:53 PM
I like it but two things stand out

1 I agree that it would look better on a dark G

2 I dont like fiber glass ( I take it that it is FG)