PDA

View Full Version : Hesistating !!!

ESdriver00
11-19-2002, 06:08 PM
I pulled out of a drive way a little bit too fast and scrapped the bottom of my car and now my engine light came on 10 minutes after that. My car seems like its losing mad low end power cause it hesitates and the muffler pops. I have the vision import header and I'm lowered. I brought it to a muffler shop to have the exhaust checked out and they couldn't find anything wrong. It only acts up from a stop or if I slow down to about 30 mph and lower.

What the......??? Any idea what could be wrong?

NRG
11-19-2002, 06:13 PM
Hope you didn't hit your oil pan........

TJC
11-19-2002, 07:03 PM
I'd check motor and tranny oil fluid levels just to be sure you didn't puncture any of those pans or hoses up front by the radiator.

ESdriver00
11-19-2002, 09:40 PM
Yeah, thanks, but I checked under the car and there wasn't any leak under the car.

TJC
11-19-2002, 09:43 PM
How about bent or smashed piping..... especially the tranny hoses that go to the cooler right next to the radiator. Also get it up on jackstands and inspect it thoroughly with good lighting. You should be able to see signs of where you scraped the car and might point you to the culprit.

ESdriver00
11-19-2002, 09:47 PM
I will do that, but I hope that the shop checked that out when they had it up.

Fishboy55
11-19-2002, 09:47 PM
You probably smashed the header pipe. It hangs kind of low at the end, just before the collector. If so, they may be giving you a bad O2 sensor reading. You may have also damaged the O2 sensor.

Chip

ESdriver00
11-19-2002, 10:01 PM
Would that be causing the poping sound though?

Fishboy55
11-20-2002, 07:57 AM
It might, if the exhaust is looking for an escape and that escape is restricted, the backpressure will be enough to make a popping sound. You might also be getting random misfires.

First step is to go to Autozone and get the code diagnosed. Then you can troubleshoot the problem.

Chip

BGR
11-20-2002, 08:42 AM
Yep, follow Chips' advice. That light comes on when the O2 sensor is damaged or jolted. The light also comes on when the MAS is jolted or when you're taking in too much air. Performance usually goes down when the sensor is not working. In most cases, disconnecting the negative battery cable to reset the ECU will work but in your case, I don't know the extent of your damage.

ESdriver00
11-20-2002, 06:03 PM
Its saying that the O2 sensor for bank 1 is underthreshold. In other words its messed up. What next? Thats the one I just replaced a few months ago it can't be damaged, I hope.