PDA

View Full Version : After market Bushings for 2000 ES

acitydweller
12-01-2006, 10:19 PM
Hi,

I am interested in replacing the suspension bushings in my 2000 4 cylinder galant.

Came across Energy Suspensions and prothane. Are there any others on the market today? Any references would be appreciated. thanks in advance,

Acty

6G72gearhead
12-01-2006, 10:41 PM
I have the energy suspensions set, I've installed the engine mounts but have yet to get to the suspension, its a very nice kit though, it does however take some ingenuity to get the old bushings out as they are surrouned by a steel band.

SkylineG1
12-02-2006, 01:33 AM
I have the energy suspensions set, I've installed the engine mounts but have yet to get to the suspension, its a very nice kit though, it does however take some ingenuity to get the old bushings out as they are surrouned by a steel band.

Where did you get the motor mount?

acitydweller
12-02-2006, 07:10 AM
I've searched on both ES and Prothane sites and reckon the set that would fit my 2000 galant would be from a 2000 FWD Eclipse. Am i correct to get the a set for the eclipse for my 8g galant?

bronxbombr
12-02-2006, 07:15 AM
ya.

Satan
12-12-2006, 03:47 PM
I am wanting to replace my rear bushings as well (2000ES)... what did you end up doing and how?

6G72gearhead
12-12-2006, 09:39 PM
I just got them for an eclipse. My sets where purchased through a local speed shop, from ES.

GSpeed
02-19-2007, 12:27 PM
Has anyone installed Deyeme Racing engine mounts (all 4)? If so, which hardness was used(Firm or Flex) and for which mount locations(front & rear or both sides). Were any vibration issues encountered after installation(while at idle/in motion)? The vehicle I'm interested in installing the mounts in is a 02 Galant ES-V6 automatic. I appreciate your comments as well as your time.

Stewi
02-19-2007, 02:49 PM
I dont have Deyeme mounts, but I do have prothane mounts. At first, I had just the front motor mount from Energy Suspension, at that time I had the EVO motor in my car, the mount made a huge difference and helped eliminate some wheel hop and there wasnt really any vibration inside the car. I then got rid of that one and replaced all 4 with the prothane mounts. After that, I got a pretty nice vibration in my dash board and im pretty sure its due to the rear mount as I have heard similar results from guys on club3g.

GOOSEY2099
02-19-2007, 03:09 PM
I had the front one for a week and took it out as i couldn't stand it anymore.

speedracer
02-19-2007, 03:15 PM
i have all four of the motor\trans mounts by prothane i got them fo a hundred bucks i just got them for the same year eclipse..... although i do now have some vibration but nothin serious

pinoyesv6
02-19-2007, 03:21 PM
i have the deyeme mounts. they're ok. i got the flex sides instead of the firm. there is some vibration but i really don't notice them. i just hear my bobble head on the dash vibration and thats how i know.

but yea, like i said, they're ok. if i were to do it again, i probably would have gone with prothane.

GSpeed
02-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Thanks for all your comments, It's appreciated. I contacted Travis at Deyeme Racing regarding the install of all (4) FIRM mounts and he was kind enough to take the time and send the following reply;
"Most of the "severe vibration" complaints we've had have actually been from ATX 4-cyl. Eclipses. Most of the vibration complaints can also be traced to improper installation. If you preload the drivetrain against the mounts (this happens when the installation is completed and all fasteners tightened to spec with the vehicle off the ground and drivetrain fully supported by equipment) you will cause extra vibration. The front and rear mounts especially should be installed with the thru-bolts LOOSE until the vehicle is on the ground and the drivetrain is supported by the mounts. THEN attempt to rock the engine back and forth, to make sure there is no load on the mounts. THEN tighten the thru-bolts. It is true that the front and rear mounts alone will reduce most of the wheel hop (and missed shifts in the MTX). It is also true that the side mounts cause more vibrations because the drivetrain rests on them at all times. The front and rear are really only "isolators" to keep the drivetrain from moving along its rotational axis under load. All that said, it is really subjective what is too much vibration. Also, the mounts will settle in over time, and vibrations are always higher in cold weather (any polymer, synthetic or natural, is less flexible in lower temps- less flex = more vibes). You can replace the front only, or front and rear only, and get some of the improvement. When you do, though, the weaker OEM side mounts will be taking an extra beating, as the front/rear no longer allow for as much movement, and the engine's power is looking for other places to dissipate." [[email protected]]