PDA

View Full Version : Jdm rear bumper

T-double
12-07-2006, 10:34 AM
hey guys I have just been thinking how the mirages have rear fog lights is there a such thing in galants. that would be sick. dose anyone have a clue cause I sure don't please let me know.....

pinoyesv6
12-07-2006, 11:31 AM
the galant rear fog light is built into the trunk portion of the tail light on the euro models. and not built into the rear bumper.

Blue Ice
12-07-2006, 11:42 AM
i think the style that had the foglights in them look like the 94-96 tails. the ones you see in my signature. Other than the foglights they aren't too special.

Honestly from the pics i've seen that say they are fog lights, to me it looked more like the camera flash made a wierd reflection in one are of the tail lights.

I think this would be a cheaper mod rig than to buy a set of jdm tails and ship from over seas. you'd still have to run the wires and the switch it up.

bronxbombr
12-07-2006, 01:06 PM
i think the style that had the foglights in them look like the 94-96 tails. the ones you see in my signature. Other than the foglights they aren't too special.

Honestly from the pics i've seen that say they are fog lights, to me it looked more like the camera flash made a wierd reflection in one are of the tail lights.

I think this would be a cheaper mod rig than to buy a set of jdm tails and ship from over seas. you'd still have to run the wires and the switch it up.

that would be hott

pinoyesv6
12-07-2006, 01:08 PM

it is the only style since the usdm 97-98 style was only available in the US markets.

njjfudge
12-07-2006, 02:40 PM
7g rear fog light
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/2040000-2040999/2040635_64_full.jpg

car belongs to a member here from the Philippines.
CArdomain Page (http://www.cardomain.com/id/ssaloon)

T-double
12-07-2006, 02:48 PM
well that is sexy something new to me but do the jdm tails have that feature I have a set on my galant. if so how do they wire up and has anyone one on TGC done them..???...????

bronxbombr
12-07-2006, 04:11 PM
I dont like that at all, it sticks out like a sore thumb. I like how the VW's have the foglight under the bumper.

Blue Ice
12-07-2006, 08:35 PM
it sticks out like a sore thumb.

It's supposed too, so people will see you in the fog.

pinoyesv6
12-07-2006, 09:17 PM
well that is sexy something new to me but do the jdm tails have that feature I have a set on my galant. if so how do they wire up and has anyone one on TGC done them..???...????

i don't think all the "jdm" tails have them. i put the JDM in quotes because you guys call tails not from the US, "JDM" but yea, you're more than likely gonna see them on the european models more than u would on the asian models. when you buy them from whomever, just ask them or if they are unsure, ask to see the back of the center peice and you can see if there is a nice bulb there for some rear fogs.

but yea, its just a 12v bulb. simplest hookup would be just to find it a 12v source and give it a switch so you can turn it off and on as you please.

9G
12-08-2006, 06:13 AM
Looks nice.

Blue Ice
12-08-2006, 05:18 PM
i'm just thinking, and don't know for sure, but if mitsu was being cost effective, i doubt they made a completely different tail light just so some could have a rear fog. You should completely remove your tail light and there may be a housing for the foglight, just no bulb or wiring for it. I guess what i'm saying is you're old USDM 94-96 rear's might have the hole for the foglight.

zippyflu
01-20-2007, 12:32 AM
sexy