PDA

View Full Version : Registration and smog check

BGR
12-12-2006, 03:03 PM
Has anyone not gotten a notification to have a smog check? It's been 7 years for me and NO smog (just my luck that I open my big mouth that I will probably get a notification next month).

n3oAcid24
12-12-2006, 03:11 PM
Has anyone not gotten a notification to have a smog check? It's been 7 years for me and NO smog (just my luck that I open my big mouth that I will probably get a notification next month).

lucky. i had my car for less then a year and the smog test paper got to my door. bastards.....

Darkkend
12-12-2006, 03:13 PM
here in NY smog check is part of the yearly inspection, hopefully i can pass this year as i found out my car doesnt have a Cat. And the rinky dink hole in the wall shops arent "passing" cars for a little extra cash anymore.

pinoyesv6
12-12-2006, 07:45 PM
i've gotten two since i got my car. first time my car failed somehow and the nice gentleman at the inspection station with the pretty supra extended my deadline for a few more years. then second time i passed with no problems

BGR
12-12-2006, 09:19 PM
I guess it's that Murphy's Law or something. My other car, I went through a period in the mid 90's where they sent me a smog renewal each year because the DMV computers misinterpretted the first digit in the VIN (it was a zero). Now with the Galant, I have never had to do it even after 7 years. Go figure.

This is going to sound insane, but could it possibly have anything to do with me never getting it serviced? :lol:
I'm embarrassed to say that with over 100,000 miles, I never had the "recommended" services done nor changed the plugs. The car's been the best I ever owned, except that I have to change the brake pads and rotors every year.