PDA

View Full Version : CX-7 vs Outlander (bias aside)

BGR
12-12-2006, 05:50 PM
As I look towards the future of my next vehicle, I need to think practicle as well as a vehicle that looks nice. One day I will get my Jag convertible, however, I need a "utility" vehicle and I'm liking the crossovers as opposed to SUV's.

Here's my current two choices:

2007 CX-7
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/2480000-2480999/2480342_12_full.jpg
http://www.autoclub.com.au/uploaded_images/mazda-cx-7-732533.jpg

2007 Outlander
http://www.japanesecarfans.com/news/2060329.007/2060329.007.1M.jpg
http://www.autorevue.cz/obrazky/2005/09zari/outlander/2.JPG

Opinions?

IMO, I can't help but think the CX-7 is off the damn hook! I can see myself in the red one (but I'm getting tired of that color). Plus, it's turbocharged.

DNSerrano
12-12-2006, 05:56 PM
I say the CX-7, but then again we might see the Evolander aka Ralliart Outlander

9G
12-12-2006, 05:58 PM
Cx7.

03galantnga
12-12-2006, 06:04 PM
I say Outlander , I test drove one and loved it. Mitsubishi just came out with the best design they have had since the 8g Galant. Show mitsubishi a little love and help em pull the company out of the red.

seth98esT
12-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Based on looks, Id get an Outlander. Ive never driven either so I cant comment really :D

Kwikfox
12-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Go for the CX 7. I will make a quick comparison to the CX 7 and the Outlander. The outlander has a V6, which puts out 220 Horsempower, and only 204 pounds of torque. The CX 7 is a 2.3L 4 cylinder, turbocharged engine. Putting out 244 Horsepower, and about 258 pounds of torque. The CX 7 also has a sports tuned suspension, so you can drive the CX 7 like a sports car. I have driven many of them, and they can take turns just as well as any sports car. It also has an Automatic transmission with a manual override. It also has the option of front wheel drive, or all wheel drive. Price range for the CX 7 as 23,000 to 26,000, can be higher depending on what options you get. The CX 7 will out perform the Outlander any day, and feel a lot better doing it. I would go for the CX 7.

DOHCstunr
12-12-2006, 08:27 PM
I've never a mitsu WITHOUT a sport tuned suspension.
soi what the outlander is lacking in power.

its sexy, its mitsu, and i like it.

SkylineG1
12-12-2006, 08:27 PM
The CX-7 looks smoking but you can also consider the Murano too.

BGR
12-12-2006, 08:42 PM
The CX-7 looks smoking but you can also consider the Murano too.

It looks like a Murano, but there are too many here at my job.

ZGalantZ
12-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Have you considered the new Acura RDX its, turbo charged too, but little more pricey than the other two

G-spot
12-12-2006, 11:16 PM
If you're getting it today, cx-7
Getting it in couple months, evolander

Bezzle
12-12-2006, 11:20 PM
Outlander +1. Could be a real smooth looking car with very few style mods.

rez887
12-12-2006, 11:20 PM
Both of them are a copy of Murano!

4-G-rim
12-13-2006, 07:27 AM
The CX-7 is nice...BUT its a Mazda product. I don't trust Mazda products, thats just me. :wacko:

evil-G-nius
12-13-2006, 11:23 AM
CX-7 ....Turbo

Outlander...looks better

that is a tough one. Go with mitsu...mazda is owned by Ford. Nuff said

Kwikfox
12-13-2006, 12:08 PM
I think you should drive both of them and see what one feels better to you. Also, Mazda is not owned by Ford, on some cars Mazda uses Ford factories, but most Mazda cars are made in Hiroshima Japan in a Mazda factory then shipped to the US. You look at where the parts for mazdas come from, 95% come from Japan, 0% comes from the US. The most US parts thats on a mazda is the dipstick.

BGR
12-13-2006, 01:07 PM
If you're getting it today, cx-7
Getting it in couple months, evolander

I never heard of Evolander until now - but I did find a nice video on the concept car: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Autos...rticleId=117365 (http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/AutoshowArticles/articleId=117365)

That's what I'm talking about. That one is tight - more so than the regular Outlander. I don't like the Recaro seats, though. I'm a big M.F. and those seats and me get along like me and Batman the Ride at Six Flags; I didn't fit and it just wasn't gonna work. I assume that "normal" seats would be an option, too, however, no... I won't be buying today or even this year. I'd never buy the first year model.

Edit

I just found out there is a CX-9 (the blue one)
http://media.mazda.ch/communiques/CX-9/hi-res/mazda_cx-9_2006_exterior_01_print.jpg

Kalamidad
12-13-2006, 02:07 PM
i'd test drive both too. THe outlander does look nice, but i think i would go with the Cx7 too.

BGR
12-13-2006, 02:11 PM
I hear ya. I'd definately be test driving prior to purchasing.

I'm trying not to be biased. I currently own a Mitsu and a Nissan. In the past I had 2 Mazda's and a Ford/Mercury. But today's vehicles (minus the Galant) are far superior than the vehicles I owned back in the 80's.

Dominicano
12-13-2006, 02:15 PM
The CX-9 does not come with turbo, but it still boast a 243HP engine, and it also has 7 passenger seating while the cx-7 only has 5. Still a nice SUV with out the turbo

BGR
12-13-2006, 02:57 PM
I would like my next car to have "some" power - be it 4cyl turbo or V6 or above and have style. But mainly I need it to be able to move stuff (aiight - grocery getter) and the vehicle must be suitable for my mom on the passenger side. My Galant and Sentra sit way too low for her to get out (seems like it would be better but it's not) and I don't want the next car to be so tall that she can't put her feet down on the ground without falling out. I help my mom on weekends and whenever she needs me so I like to be able to have a vehicle that supports her needs. She feels that at her age, 78, she doesn't have much longer left (I hope to differ), and she said that she would also help me out on the purchase, considering I'm her "chauffeur".

Dominicano
12-13-2006, 05:56 PM
I hear ya Rich, My wife is tired of bending down to get in the car and I also drive my family around once in a while and when we going out actually just the other day I had 6 people in my car, I never had that many people in my car EVA!... but I wasnt about to leave them in brooklyn all alone lol. I really been looking at the outlander myself they actually had a great deal in the newspaper for like 15 grans for the lowest model, but the thought of another bill just turns me off. I wished i worked at Goldman Sachs I think the cleaning lady should get atleast 40 grand in bonus lol

BGR
12-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Whenever I rode shotgun in my G, I found it hard to get out the passenger's side, too. Driver's side is fine, but something is wrong on the passenger side, or maybe I'm just not used to it?

Dominicano
12-13-2006, 06:49 PM
nope I am the same say Its just weird getting in and our from the passenger side.

lonestar22
01-16-2007, 11:44 PM
ive heard the rear diff on the mazdaspeed6 are breaking liek no other, and the engines are blowing from bolts-ons. has nothing to do with the CX-7, but they may share parts

Dominicano
01-17-2007, 07:19 AM
I went shopping for an SUV with my brothe inlaw and he was set on getting the santa fe until I introduced him to the Outlander, once they saw the price for the 2WD and got inside he loved it straight of the bat. the 2WD model goes for 20,000 and I am a big guy 6'00"" 320 LBS I sat in the back and with the front seats all the way back I still had lots of leg room. The car is realy nice the only sucky part now is I can't get it since my Brother in-law has one :lol: Maybe the EvoLander will be more my liking 8)

RedGalant2k1
01-17-2007, 09:38 AM
Outlander.

galantsleeper00
01-17-2007, 11:30 AM
outlander is a nice car and a great price. I currently have the 2.4 liter 2004 outlander. I actually like it alot. But personally i would never buy another one in my life. Maybe its just the mitsu dealerships in the suburbs but they are assholes. They tried telling me that a really loud noise that was coming from the back, was becuase of a accident i had. The accident was to the drivers side door. After bring the car to them 4 times i finally gave up. It my dad looked at it and saw that a plastic tab fell off that supported part of the bumper. Im not even going to start with how much rust my 00 galant has. I personally dont think i would ever buy another mitsu product.

SYKVR4
01-20-2007, 03:19 PM
lol funily enough i work at Ford and Mazda as an apprentice mechanic (down here Ford and Mazda are all 1 dealership) The CX-7 isnt bad it was just released here near the end of 2006 and i've only ever driven a CX-7 once but thats cause i work on the Ford side of the workshop (no offence but god fords are crap) but the CX-7 isnt bad, it's got the Mazda6 and mazda3 MPS type motor, probably more along the lines of the Mazda6 MPS motor seeing as it's 4WD and it has manual overide if you want to give it a thrashing but personally i'd also have a look at the Nissan Murano, Nissan's are really good cars, they're reliable and they have more than enough power, and being a V6 it would probably use less fuel than a CX-7 same goes for the outlander. The Outlander looks nice but i can't say much about them because i've never driven one whereas i've driven a CX-7 and a Murano and the Murano has a nicer ride, and comfortable interior, at least to me it does, but have a look at your other options, you might be suprized as to what's on the market.