PDA

View Full Version : Trouble codes

bytchesgetstyches
12-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Does anyone know of a way to check engine trouble codes with out the use of a voltmeter? I am pretty sure I know what the problem is already, but I don't want to mess with anything until I check the codes. I only ask cause I am a broke mutha right now and my voltmeter is junk so I'm just wondering if it anyone knows a way of checking without spending even more money than on just replacement parts. By the way, I'm 95% sure the problem is with the O2 sensor (it's less than 6 months old, but I was running a Jet module in the car and was on a road trip when the module crapped out on me) so also, if anyone knows of a way to check the O2 sensor without a voltmeter (lol) I would also appreciate info on that.

4-G-rim
12-16-2006, 12:39 PM
Go to Autozone and have them hook up a OBD1 reader and you can get a sure fire code on whats going on. OR...if you know anyone that is a technician at a dealer, you can have them hook up a OBD1 reader too. The dealer supplied analyzers are more detailed and accurate too.

Or if you have a pocketlogger too...either MMCD or DSM logger will display a reading from the O2 sensors.