PDA

View Full Version : 1997 Mitsubishi Galant Fuel Filter

gcjflores
11-20-2002, 02:33 PM
Okay,
Here is the deal. I am wanting to replace the fuel filter for my 97 Galant. So I need some info on the location of it and some tips about changing it out. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gil

cantbeatmy97
11-20-2002, 06:02 PM
first off its on passengers side against the firewall before doin that let the pressure by unscrewing the gas cap.
2nd use flare wrenches to do this i couldnt get mine to budge so i gave it to the dealer to do u dont want to pay for new fuel lines you'll end up w/ a bigger headach then what u started with.
i dont remember what sizes off the top of my head there will be a banjo bolt on the top and bottom make sure u change the washers that come w/ the new fuel filter.
there will be a lil gas drippin from the filter once u release the lines from the filter thats ok i would put a bucket underneath it.
if u still cant find it look at the new one to verify its the right one before u do n e thing.
the lines might be hard to get off if so i suggest u dont do it and call mits for an appt. buy yur own filter it will be cheaper at least it was for me it only cost 30 bucks or so.
if this doesnt help let me know i can get the answer by lookin at mine i have a 97 too so email me if u have problems
[email protected][url]

Kain
11-20-2002, 07:39 PM
Hmm, I've outlined this procedeure fairly well previously. Do a search (in this very forum I believe) and you should find step-by-step instructions and cautions, etc. If you can't find it, or you still have questions than ask them, but I know I went over this not too long ago.

4G64
11-22-2002, 10:50 AM
if you want to save cost... go to your local Jiffy Lube or any shop.. Even the shop in K-Mart works too.... they will get it done in under 10 minutes.. and they charge you like 35-40 bucks if u bring your own fuel filter... I got mine done at K-Mart cuz Jiffy Lube wasn't able to losen up the bolt on the filter cuz they don't have sufficient tools.... and my car is a 95 so most of the bolts are pretty much stuck in there.. so K-Mart did it for me..... check them out... Dealer would usually ask for a price and they get some apprentice do it... I would never go to Mitsu dealer for small repair ever again... Those ppl drain my tranny fluid instead my oil and all they had to say was "It was his first day on the job... "

gcjflores
11-22-2002, 11:59 AM
Yea,
Kool, and thanks for all the info guys... I appreciate it very much.

Gil