PDA

View Full Version : Remote start problem

Cheekz185
01-16-2007, 12:01 AM
OK so i have been have this really annoying problem with my remote start for the past year and a half. I just kept brushing it off for the longest time. My problem is when i go to remote start the car goes to start but it wont. The remote started send like a 1 sec start to try and start the car. It is not giving the car enough time to kick on. So when this first started happening the car would finally start after the second attempt. But now it sometimes does start and sometimes it will start on the3rd or 4th attempt. This problem is soooo annoying. What can i do to fix it?

Alarm: Viper 791XV

pinoyesv6
01-16-2007, 12:15 AM
This thread (https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=51246&highlight=remote+start) might give you some insight to solving your problem

galant2k0
02-16-2007, 09:33 PM
The problem is your tach signal. Did you install the remote starter yourself? or did you have it installed?

Alexey
02-17-2007, 01:41 AM
Mine just started doing that the other day, I got a Viper as well. I'm gonna solve it like this: bring it to the installer! Recommend you do the same!

galant2k0
03-26-2007, 08:21 PM
First find your programing button and the L.E.D. put you key in the ignition cylinder and start your car. keep the motor at a steady rev of about 1300 rpm within 5 seconds press the programming button untill your L.E.D. turns solid. after it turns solid let go of the button and wait to shut off the car until the L.E.D. shuts off. try to remote start it. if it still does the same thing it did before your tach is bad.

To run it voltage sense put your key in the ignition cylinder and turn it to the ON position, the turn it off. Immediatly after you turn the ignition off hold down the programming button. keep holding the L.E.D. untill it flashes 3 times and the siren chirps 3 times. Let go of the programing button and press it 2 times and hold the third time. the L.E.D. will flash 2 times. while still holding the button press the unlock button on the transmitter. (The L.E.D. should be solid now). Let go of the programing button and press it 3 more times, and hold the fourth. The L.E.D. should flash 5 times now. while still holding the button press the unlock button on the transmitter ONCE. the L.E.D. should be solid again. Now let go of the button, turn the key on and back off again. now try and remote start the car it should crank for .8 seconds and turn over. After you do that take it back to the place you had it installed and tell them they got the tach signal from the wrong place and the need to put it on the right wire.

Cheekz185
03-26-2007, 10:35 PM
First find your programing button and the L.E.D. put you key in the ignition cylinder and start your car. keep the motor at a steady rev of about 1300 rpm within 5 seconds press the programming button untill your L.E.D. turns solid. after it turns solid let go of the button and wait to shut off the car until the L.E.D. shuts off. try to remote start it. if it still does the same thing it did before your tach is bad.

OK well i tried this step. Just to make things clear, the programming button is the VALET button right? Well i tried that i had the car at around 1300rpms and i pressed and held the button but the led did not light up. I held it for a good minute and not light. SO im guess that wont work....Should i try the next step u posted?

GOOSEY2099
03-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Thats exactly what i would say, that its tach signal. You need to ask all mighty Josh(Countrylover). He is the dei genious

Cheekz185
03-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Thats exactly what i would say, that its tach signal. You need to ask all mighty Josh(Countrylover). He is the dei genious

I will PM him thanks Roman!

Darkkend
03-27-2007, 06:52 AM
Doesnt sound like my problem my problem was the fuse for the blew out.

cntrylvr79
03-27-2007, 08:07 AM
There's a possibility that the tach wire was not run. Look at the siren. Trace that wire back to where it goes through the firewall. In the hole for the firewall, you should see a thin purple/white wire. If you don't then the tach wire was not run. If it was run, follow it to where it's hooked up and let me know where exactly it is. BTW what year is the g.

Roman I am not a DEI genius, and I forgot to mention the a pillar looks good.

Cheekz185
03-27-2007, 09:21 AM
There's a possibility that the tach wire was not run. Look at the siren. Trace that wire back to where it goes through the firewall. In the hole for the firewall, you should see a thin purple/white wire. If you don't then the tach wire was not run. If it was run, follow it to where it's hooked up and let me know where exactly it is. BTW what year is the g.

Roman I am not a DEI genius, and I forgot to mention the a pillar looks good.

I will check to see where the wire is run in a lil bit... I have a 2002 G

Cheekz185
03-27-2007, 10:06 AM
OK so i just checked the siren. Well it turns out that i DO NOT have a purple wire. It doesnt even have a place for it... All their is is a red wire going through the firewall and a black wire that is being grounded on the firewall. Also there is this other black wire on the siren but there is NO end, its just like in a loop...it comes out the siren then right back into the siren.

Cheekz185
03-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Ok well i traced the red wire from the siren to the inside of the firewall then i THINK i saw a solid purple wire, it may be blue, i just took a quick look i am not sure. But later today when i have a flash light and time I will look better.

cntrylvr79
03-27-2007, 10:35 PM
Well you'll be looking for a thin purple/white striped wire. If you find the brain, it'll be in a 5 pin harness with a gray, brown, blue/white, black/white. All of those wires will be about the same thickness as the loop on the siren is. If the purple wire isn't run under the hood, then the system is programmed to run tachless. Was this professionally installed?

Cheekz185
03-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Yeah i had it installed at a reputable shop

cntrylvr79
03-28-2007, 11:46 PM
Well then first thing I would do is take it to them before you start messing with it. Most places will not touch something like a 791 once the customer has started digging at it.