PDA

View Full Version : Do you think it would be worth it???

WannaGTZ
11-20-2002, 06:10 PM
I want to get a 03 GTZ soon but the thing that is stoppin me from gettin it is the front end. Do you think it would be worth it to put the 01 front end on? How much you think? How hard? The front end is makin me think of a IS 300 or a truck like a Lightning. But the reason i wanted to get a galant so bad is cause i can get a 03 GTZ fully loaded for 22,300 and can put alot of mods on it and not go over 30 G's like the 300 and the Lightning would be stock you know what i mean? Tell me what yall think. What are some cars you guys like besides the galant. I dont think i want to spend more than 30 on the CAR, not including mods. Thanks Wayne

NRG
11-20-2002, 06:13 PM
Wait for the EVO man!!!! Definitely well worth it.........

Ghost Beat
11-20-2002, 06:24 PM
personaly im a galantaholic ive passed on a IS over it i love my car and i only have the de id say go for it as for the front end plenty of after market one's and you might even be able to get one from a member who got a kit and has the stock one he needs to sell check the sale forums you might luck out with it

mbssbm
11-20-2002, 07:06 PM
why an 01' front end? their ugly compared to my pretty 02'

Los
11-20-2002, 08:35 PM
I want to get a 03 GTZ soon but the thing that is stoppin me from gettin it is the front end. Do you think it would be worth it to put the 01 front end on? How much you think? How hard? The front end is makin me think of a IS 300 or a truck like a Lightning. But the reason i wanted to get a galant so bad is cause i can get a 03 GTZ fully loaded for 22,300 and can put alot of mods on it and not go over 30 G's like the 300 and the Lightning would be stock you know what i mean? Tell me what yall think. What are some cars you guys like besides the galant. I dont think i want to spend more than 30 on the CAR, not including mods. Thanks Wayne

I'm not 100% sure but I 've heard the 03 have the clips for the 01 grilles. However I've also heard that there is a metal piece or some type of reenforment where the diamond star is on the 03.

pinoyesv6
11-20-2002, 09:40 PM
i actually woudln't worry about it. most of the owners that had the older version and went to the newer version actaully grew to like the new style front end. including me but, if i were u, i'd jsut take the grille from the 01 and keep the rest of the 02 bumper, just do a lil mods to it. i think it would look great

WannaGTZ
11-21-2002, 06:00 PM
PONY: So you are tellin me i can put the 01 grill on a 02 bumper. Has anybody done it? I love the 01 front end it just looks alot nicer and richer.
If thats the case i will bye me GTZ in about a month. Let me know

Any can tell me what they would get if they had 30 G's to spend before mods???

BGR
11-21-2002, 06:14 PM
I may not see the point here but why don't you buy an nicely used 99 to 01 GTZ and save you about $10K to $15K in the long run? The GTZ's are way overpriced and the bluebook on the older models are now very low.

TJC
11-21-2002, 06:22 PM
Great point BGR. Since they depreciate so fast, you might just want to look around for a nice '99-01 GTZ or LS w/ optional tail. Save money and get the grill you want. :wink:

MnGalant
11-21-2002, 06:25 PM
i agree save some money and get an 2001 . I dont mean to insult anyone but the new front end ruined the look of the galant it looks like ass.

BGR
11-21-2002, 06:27 PM
You know I would be so upset had I bought (or could have afforded to buy at the time) the GTZ when I got the ES V6. Back then they were $27,400 before dealer mark up, about $30,000 out the door before financing (during the 1st 0 0 '01 sale). Now I see them for as low as $12K to $15K.

BGR
11-21-2002, 06:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MnGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>i agree save some money and get an 2001 . I dont mean to insult anyone but the new front end ruined the look of the galant it looks like ass.</div>

The new front end ain't that bad. Took me a while to get used to it but as I started seeing more around town, it looked more 'sporty' to me than the 99-01 Galants.

What looks like a monkey's ass is that new Montero or whatever it's called. Now that's wack as hell.

pinoyesv6
11-21-2002, 07:53 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WannaGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>PONY: So you are tellin me i can put the 01 grill on a 02 bumper. Has anybody done it? I love the 01 front end it just looks alot nicer and richer.
If thats the case i will bye me GTZ in about a month. Let me know

Any can tell me what they would get if they had 30 G's to spend before mods???</div>

First of all my name is not <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>PONY</span></span>

but yea i bet you can do it. just do some body work to the front bumper. cut off the tap part and get the body man to fill things in. that would work. kinda costly but its an custom job and it is unique

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BGR)</div><div class='quotemain'>You know I would be so upset had I bought (or could have afforded to buy at the time) the GTZ when I got the ES V6. Â*Back then they were $27,400 before dealer mark up, about $30,000 out the door before financing (during the 1st 0 0 '01 sale). Â* Now I see them for as low as $12K to $15K.</div>

wOw GTZ's were worth that much? thats like damn. I remember when i got my ESV6, i coulda got it for 16k if i paid cash. but i ended up paying a lil bit more cuz i wanted to finance it with the 000 so i can buy some toys...but after the accident, i check the value of my car and its at 13k roughly. 3k dereciation in 2 years isn't that bad. people just think its more just because the dealer ripped em off badly

WannaGTZ
11-21-2002, 07:58 PM
Sorry about that PIONY!!!

Yea i would get a used car but i want to get a new car with 3 or 4 miles on it with a long warrenty you no. Sometime that i dont have to worry about for a long time. But if i cant find a GTZ for good price then i will get it. Thanks Wayne

pinoyesv6
11-21-2002, 08:04 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WannaGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sorry about that PIONY!!!

Yea i would get a used car but i want to get a new car with 3 or 4 miles on it with a long warrenty you no. Sometime that i dont have to worry about for a long time. But if i cant find a GTZ for good price then i will get it. Thanks Wayne</div>

you still spelled it wrong but at least all the letters are there.

uhm some used cars come with or have the option or a warranty or even and extended warranty. you might wanna look @ that. also try one of the online dealers. i checked out delray and they have gtz's for 25k. not bad considering bgr was saying how when he bought his car, gtz's were around 30k

WannaGTZ
11-21-2002, 08:42 PM
<span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>[/size]PINOY[size=12]</span>

Sorry about that. I can get a nice GTZ for 25,000 you say????? I can get a 2003 GTZ for 22,300 from the dealer. Why would i buy a used one for more?

pinoyesv6
11-21-2002, 08:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WannaGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'><span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>[/size]PINOY[size=12]</span>

Sorry about that. I can get a nice GTZ for 25,000 you say????? Â*I can get a 2003 GTZ for 22,300 from the dealer. Why would i buy a used one for more?</div>

the 25k was for a new one...2k3

WannaGTZ
11-22-2002, 05:57 PM
Yea the 22,300 was for a brand new one also.

lx4life
11-22-2002, 07:23 PM
well you can get a mazda 6s it is bad ass it only cost 26,000 fully loaded with a oem kit i was going to trade my galant but i am going to wait until they drop there apr cause the car is new there is no specials out. but i am getting rid of my car for that 220 hp V-6 bose system 8in subwoofer in rear deck dual exhaust blah blah.....i mean this car is bad ass.drives smooth and fast.and i can fit my 19's on it, and it also has leather seats. i am telling you this car is bad ass.

burthold
11-23-2002, 09:03 AM
I bought my GTZ brand new in 00' It was one of the very few in my area. I knew what I was doing when I got it. I wouldn't trade that retarded looking 02 front end for nothing on my 01'. Ugh.

Wes