PDA

View Full Version : Borbet 16" rims...

outspoken
01-22-2007, 04:17 PM
Looking to get opinions/comments on these wheels.

http://kenny.thegarlandtree.com/03Galant.png

I've never heard of the company, but I like the look of them.

Will be putting on my '03 blue galant.

S-Line
01-22-2007, 04:27 PM
why only 16s? 17" eclipse rims look better then that and you can find a decent set for a good price.

pinoyesv6
01-22-2007, 06:13 PM
you have a picture of the actual wheel? there is some detail in the wheel that is lost with that picture.

AVERAGE
01-22-2007, 06:42 PM
They kinda remind me of the new Sonata/Azena wheels.

jacuZZi
01-23-2007, 01:08 AM
Looks Plain to me... :roll:

milo111000
01-23-2007, 01:27 AM
plain is better than rice..

fatal1
01-23-2007, 05:00 AM
im a fan of bigger wheels at least go with a 17, 18s will look real good

outspoken
01-23-2007, 07:48 AM
This is a link with the wheel info and close-up shots...

Borbet Type CA Silver Painted (http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&showRear=no&filterSize=16&filterFinish=&filterSpecial=&initialPartNumber=CA706401145S&autoMake=Mitsubishi&autoModel=Galant+ES+4cyl&autoYear=2003&autoModClar=)

Hmm.. I'm a bit worried now that I see it says "Finish Warranty" makes me think eventually it will chip. Looking for something that is brushed maybe so that I don't have to worry about chipping. Not a big fan of a polished finish though, prefer a duller look. Suggestions?

rez887
01-23-2007, 08:18 AM
why only 16s?
x2!

outspoken
01-23-2007, 08:34 AM
why only 16s?
x2!

i don't want it to get too far away from a stock look. 16 is the max i'm willing to go to maintain that look.

glantv699
01-23-2007, 08:48 AM
why only 16s?
x2!

i don't want it to get too far away from a stock look. 16 is the max i'm willing to go to maintain that look.

well let's see you have an 03? many companies are now producing models with bigger wheels right off the production line (look at your typical family sedan in the 90's- 15's were pry average). if you want your car to look stock in 2003, I guess 16's are good, if you want your car to look stock for 07, get some 17's (in the end I think you'll enjoy the handling benefits and looks of the larger wheel)

outspoken
01-23-2007, 10:34 AM
why only 16s?
x2!

well let's see you have an 03? many companies are now producing models with bigger wheels right off the production line (look at your typical family sedan in the 90's- 15's were pry average). if you want your car to look stock in 2003, I guess 16's are good, if you want your car to look stock for 07, get some 17's (in the end I think you'll enjoy the handling benefits and looks of the larger wheel)

yea i never thought of it that way, they are starting to roll out w/17" commonly now. ok, now i like these:

Rial Como Bright Sil Paint (http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&showRear=no&filterSize=17&filterFinish=&filterSpecial=&initialPartNumber=CO75747B82BSAT&colorInd=7&autoMake=Mitsubishi&autoModel=Galant+ES+4cyl&autoYear=2003&autoModClar=)

pvu_rida
01-23-2007, 02:15 PM
17 are the way to go

glantv699
01-23-2007, 04:59 PM
yea i never thought of it that way, they are starting to roll out w/17" commonly now. ok, now i like these:

Rial Como Bright Sil Paint (http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_garage/BigPic.jsp?wheelMake=Rial&wheelModel=Como&wheelFinish=Bright+Satin+Sil+Paint)

yeah there ya go....glad I could give you some insight- those look like an upgraded GTZ wheel, good choice

milo111000
01-24-2007, 03:12 AM
right now i've got me 16s.. but the safest would be 17s.. not too small not too big.. i'd love to get my hands on 17s right now.. it's like planning on looking great and being fast go 17s. pure show 18s above.. just my .02

bigbluetotoro
01-24-2007, 04:53 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with 16s, they don't look as good sometimes but also weigh less too. I personaly would go 17's because they are just the right in between size. I love Borbet wheels. for their clean and simple designs. and they are known and good wheels. they arent exactly a "small" brand. but I happen to hate that design. becuase it looks like a stock wheel for a Kia or something. I personaly like the typeB wheel they make. its vary simple bit has a slight lip to it and some curves, and looks great on some cars.
http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/borbet/swap/bor_b_ci3_l.jpg

outspoken
01-24-2007, 08:30 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with 16s, they don't look as good sometimes but also weigh less too. I personaly would go 17's because they are just the right in between size. I love Borbet wheels. for their clean and simple designs. and they are known and good wheels. they arent exactly a "small" brand. but I happen to hate that design. becuase it looks like a stock wheel for a Kia or something. I personaly like the typeB wheel they make. its vary simple bit has a slight lip to it and some curves, and looks great on some cars.

ah thanks, i like that wheel and Borbet. i'd forgotten about them. ;)

hey, nice nick - i'm a huge miyazaki fan from way back. the backseat of my galant has totoro seatbelt covers for the kids.

bigbluetotoro
01-25-2007, 04:42 PM

ah thanks, i like that wheel and Borbet. i'd forgotten about them. ;)

hey, nice nick - i'm a huge miyazaki fan from way back. the backseat of my galant has totoro seatbelt covers for the kids.
haha awesome! i think your the first person to bring it up/ realize that its not "torotoro" hehe. thats cool. I've been a huge miyazaki fan for a long time. i just love everything that he comes out with.

seth98esT
01-25-2007, 06:25 PM
The trend around here is 15/16s are more popular then big wheels. At least in the tuner scene. All the Honda Nissan Toyota guys run on 15/16s and I think it looks better then oversized wheels. I prefer 16s or 17s, anything bigger is just too big.

4g63lover
01-25-2007, 11:19 PM
I like 17's personally, I think a little sidewall is good too. I gatta admit 16's look good on Integras and Civics.

bigbluetotoro
01-26-2007, 12:45 PM
I like 17's personally, I think a little sidewall is good too. I gatta admit 16's look good on Integras and Civics.
thats true. but it really does depend on the car. our galants are 4 door gigantic beasts. and if you put little wheels on it..like oh say the 15's I have as my winter wheels. it looks a little goofy...see
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bigbluetotoro/DSC_0094.jpg
they work great as winter wheels. but in the way of style. I think they are a little too small. I think 16's would look good. but 17's would fill the well better. and 18's would fill it more but border on too big. and no offence to all the 20"s out there. but I think it looks really off. but also it depends on the style.
But all around it does depends on the car. In the Volkswagen old skool scene the big thing is 13's becuase they like the euro "down and out" style. on my scirocco I have 16s which for that car is pushing it. I think they fit perfect. so thats why I decided to keep them, but if I were to have gone to 17 then it looks rediculous. and also dosen't even fit in my wheel well. heres a comparison.
16s
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bigbluetotoro/rocco666-1.jpg

17s
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bigbluetotoro/car.jpg

I think the 17s turned a car that could be awesome into goofy looking.but the scirocco is a tiny little hatch so it dosent work. you could put hte same wheels on the galant and it would look much better becuase its a bigger car.
so your best bet is sticking to 16 17 and 18 for our cars. wow sorry i really went on a rant. :shock: