PDA

View Full Version : electrical issue

galantv600
01-22-2007, 06:11 PM
i was driving and all of sudden smelt burning... lights didnt work.. only reg lights but no parking lights fogs or dash lights.. checked fuses bam dead... chenge em and now the car voltage goes to hell when i turn the lights on.. and the wipers go on!!! :roll:
im guessing its my alternator.. i know it could be a short circuit.. anyone have any answers or ideas what it could be or i can do? thx

pinoyesv6
01-22-2007, 07:02 PM
can u pinpoint the burning smell?

cntrylvr79
01-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Check the headlight harnesses. Sounds like one of them might have melted.

galantv600
01-22-2007, 08:10 PM
the smell seems to come from the air... only when the air is on meaning im guessing to the engine bay... BUT as to harnesses all is fine.. ima have to go UNDER the car to make sure nothing is bad... cant easily since i cant fit my hand under the car... but ill lift it up and check it out guey!

galantv600
01-23-2007, 09:02 PM
update... i found the light fuse blew so i fidxed that... now my lights work but the wiper still work with it.. so i checked the fuse for the wipers and bam that was fkd too so i changed it... now my wiper conroler works BUT still when i turn my lights on BAM they light up which sucks vuz i dont knw what else could be wrong or WHY they blew... ima have to also check what other fuses blew... :evil:

SinSere
01-24-2007, 09:58 AM
Damn man, I feel for ya. I had lots of electrical issues in my Eclipse. Its a bitch to pinpoint and fix the issues a lot of the time. Good luck man.

WhiteGTZ01
02-03-2007, 11:39 PM
i smell mine burning to, idk y. it comes form the air vents

dronesurfboards
02-04-2007, 01:51 AM
I had this happen on my truck, I used to blow fuses left and right. dash lights, gauge cluster, taillights would go out or go nuts on me. I found out a power wire behind my dash was exposed and was hitting metal. I mustve went through around 30 fuses, I was even stuck one time because my car wouldnt stay on. had to ghetto rig my turbo timer and set the timer every 10 minutes to keep my truck running till i could get home. Check around anything that might that holds a current that you may have modded. hope that helps. ooo...check the ground wire on your alternator...doesnt hurt to check if thats connected...if itll even do anything.

galantv600
02-04-2007, 02:35 AM
ended up being the alternator AND batt... they are chaning it right now.. hopefully thall fix ti tho!