PDA

View Full Version : someone with an old post about wobbling at WOT with coilover

jomin1016
11-20-2002, 11:40 PM
I remember a while back someone had a post about after he installed his coilovers or lowering springs (not sure which one it was) but he/she had a wobble while accelerating at WOT....I have installed obx coilovers on my car (still stock struts) and have a wobble too :duh: ..... <span style='color:red'>is it mere coincedence </span>......

burthold
11-21-2002, 08:23 AM
I posted it. It is because of equal lenght drive shaft problems we have one short shaft and one long shaft when you lowered your car you changed the angles at which the long shaft hits the wheel. as you get closer to factory ride hight it will go away. There insn't much you can do about it ether. It was pretty bad when I was pretty low with coilovers but its livable now that I've got progress springs on instead.

Cheers,
Wes

jomin1016
12-29-2002, 01:01 AM
:? so how come we're the only one's that have noticed this then? -

burthold
12-29-2002, 09:28 AM
There were others that noticed it too. Most people just live with it or you can spend mucho bucks and have your driveshafts reballanced. Some cars are worse than others. I4's don't have the problem at all only V6 people.

Wes

rumpl_forskin
01-02-2003, 12:38 PM
Not true about the I4 not having the problem........... I have the wobble also and I have the I4. It's not bad, but it is definitly there.......

jomin1016
01-03-2003, 01:42 AM
bout time u spoke up - damn :!: any way not really glad to see someone else has that prob...but in a way...kinda....lol

Gladiator
07-22-2006, 05:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burthold)</div><div class='quotemain'>I posted it. It is because of equal lenght drive shaft problems we have one short shaft and one long shaft when you lowered your car you changed the angles at which the long shaft hits the wheel. as you get closer to factory ride hight it will go away. There insn't much you can do about it ether. It was pretty bad when I was pretty low with coilovers but its livable now that I've got progress springs on instead.

Cheers,
Wes</div>

so is there anything I can do because I saw another post saying to replace control arms and sway bar brushing. will this damage my car in the long run? if so I might but everything back to stock :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Gladiator
08-09-2006, 03:55 PM
any answers to this yet? I just want to know if it would cause any damage in the long run, guess I have to live with the wobbling.

galant305
08-14-2006, 04:16 PM
i dont think i have 1 year with that, but the option is change the springs , use eibach, and kyb, , that its

GreyGoose01
08-17-2006, 10:40 AM
i have that problem now, and it sucks. the alignment shop told me to change the control arms, caster arms & get a wheel alignment fr & rr. Problem solved

4g63lover
08-17-2006, 02:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GreyGoose'01)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have that problem now, and it sucks. the alignment shop told me to change the control arms, caster arms & get a wheel alignment fr & rr. Problem solved</div>

are you I4 or V6?

GreyGoose01
08-17-2006, 07:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4g63lover)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GreyGoose'01)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have that problem now, and it sucks. the alignment shop told me to change the control arms, caster arms & get a wheel alignment fr & rr. Problem solved</div>

are you I4 or V6?</div>
I4

tesna
08-18-2006, 07:37 AM
my JDM 8g galant also got same problem. I thought it was my 19" rims were bent or something, because when I put back my standard 15" rims and increase the height or my car the wobbles goes away. Now I know it's not the rims.

4g63lover
08-18-2006, 12:44 PM
how bad is this "wobble" on the I4? I mean is it noticeable or do you have to be driving to notice it?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>GreyGoose'01 wrote: Â*
i have that problem now, and it sucks. the alignment shop told me to change the control arms, caster arms & get a wheel alignment fr & rr. Problem solved Â*

are you I4 or V6?</div>

have you done it yet? how much did the parts run you?