PDA

View Full Version : 7g with big problem

microgalant
01-22-2007, 10:54 PM
Well 2 days ago i swa that my car begin to leak oil, didn't know where it was comming from.
Then when I ride the car, when I hold it in high rev for a wile, the car starts to smoke very bad (blue smoke).
Wel I stopped the car to check,where the oils was comming from,I took the oil pan off to seal it again,and i saw a piece metal in the oilpan, well it was a piece round metal they use to close one of the oil holes on the head.
I want to know what better thing i can uze to close that oil hole.
And the other problem is,that the cas was doing a strange noice at the driver side tire,and it was that the lower arm as totally worn out,so i changed it.but there is stil another noise, my question is, what can worn out in the brake caliper that can make noice when you brake the car??

milo111000
01-23-2007, 12:37 AM
wow.. lots of issues for you.. might wanna look more into the oil leak.. might have some bad rings there.. could be bad calipers too. does it wiggle too?? well good luck

seth98esT
01-23-2007, 01:01 AM
What did you use to plug the holes on the block? Did you weld or JB weld it? Not sure what the best material is to use, from the tutorial:

Plugging the Block
First and foremost, there are five holes on the 4g64 block that need to be plugged. These are non-presurized oil drain holes that the DOHC head does not have. With the head mounted, parts of these holes are exposed, so you need to plug them to keep out the elements. You can have a machine shop tap and plug the holes - make sure the plugs are flush or slightly below the top of the block. An easier method is to make your own gaskets (cut from a soda can) and secure them down with hi-temp oil-resistant silicone sealant. I've used this method and haven't had any problems to date.

ANd what type of noise is it? When does the noise happen?

DOHCstunr
01-23-2007, 01:10 AM
i heard the best is to use freeze plugs.

jbweld just isn't a permanent solution...
it might last 20k even 30k miles then fail... or maybe jsut 3k miles.

freeze plugs, or even tapping them and using some sort of npt plug.
woudl be the best option

bronxbombr
01-23-2007, 04:45 AM
i heard the best is to use freeze plugs.

jbweld just isn't a permanent solution...
it might last 20k even 30k miles then fail... or maybe jsut 3k miles.

freeze plugs, or even tapping them and using some sort of npt plug.
woudl be the best option

i agree on the freeze plugs

microgalant
01-23-2007, 08:06 AM
well they tap them with freeze plugs,but the smaller one, we couldn't get a small freezeplug for it,we got one and they grind it , but i think they grind it to much, and when running the car for about 4 months it loose and fell in the oilpan.
the noise on the driver side tire, it's when i push the brake hard, and also when i let it go.