PDA

View Full Version : new member l car makes noise

zippyflu
11-21-2002, 12:46 AM
dis is my 1st time posting.. so thanks guys

i have a 96 galant and everytime i turn my steering week left, it makes this.. noise..not squeak, but more of a .. bending a plastic.. it juss makes dis noise that is very., unbearable to hear.. wondering wat i cna do to fix it. i think it might be da rotors, but dont want to jump to conclusions yet.

seth98esT
11-21-2002, 12:50 AM
Welcome to TGC...

ya mine just started to do that too. not sure what it is but it only happens at certain points of turning. I think I may be low on Power Steering fluid or something but I am gonna get that all checked up on Saturday when i get my oil changed.

Check that and see if its low, if its not i dont know what to tell you

asalem97
11-21-2002, 02:51 PM
If its what I think it is, its the lower ball joint. Mitsu recalled them and will replace em for free. I just got mine fixed on Tues , before that it was making a grinding noise when turning which sounds like your problem. I bring it to Mitsu quickly if I were you.

seth98esT
11-22-2002, 04:25 PM
so what did u do? just took it down there and told em to replace it? ill hafta do that after thanksgiving break

zippyflu
11-22-2002, 10:30 PM
so i can just bring it to the mitsu dealer and they can replace it?? cuz it does make a grinding noise.. i thought i might have been the axle.. and that would cost alot to fix if it was.

asalem97
11-23-2002, 02:27 PM
Hey if you got a reliable mechanic bring it to him first and let him tell you the problem. ThATs what I did and he told me it was the lower ball joint and it might be best to let Mitsu fix it. So I called Mitsu and told them I need to replace the Lower ball joint and we scheduled an appointment. Definetley make sure you mention the recall so they dont try to jerk you. They should replace both sides in the front.

IllestGalant
11-25-2002, 09:17 PM
No one on this website will be able to tell you exactly what it is without hearing it and test driving it. It could be anything from a clockspring,
steeringshaft, rack, pump, the only way your going to find out is by
figuring out where the noise is coming from. if you can't do it yourself
take it to mitsu and they'll bend you over and fix it.