PDA

View Full Version : Rims

MidNightRacing
11-21-2002, 01:57 PM
My rims are rusted on. Besides hiting it with a hammer how can i get tehm off (lub? spray?)

pinoyesv6
11-21-2002, 02:12 PM
you can try some kinda penetrating lube like wd-40 or something. but yea don't use a hammer. get the wheel up in the air and kick at it a lil bit. hammer is a lil too hard but the bottom of your sheos are rubber

nme7
12-10-2002, 11:49 AM
Here's what I did to get a stuck rim off the car. Jacked car up, removed all the bolts to the rims. Then SLOWLY SLOWLY start lowering the car using the jack. This will start putting pressure on the rim itself without the bolts in. Maybe just an inch later, the rusted part broke free of the wheel hub/rotor. After that, jack car back up and do what you need to do. What I did after that was to lightly sand down both areas to get rid of any rust on the mating surface. Then use some sort of oil or grease to coat both areas to prevent it from happening again.

cantbeatmy97
12-12-2002, 05:36 PM
take all lug nuts off except 1 loosen the last 1 up make sure u use a jack stand and kick the tire all around it will pop to avoid this use white grease in the middle of the rim dont use too much this should do it then hit it w/ a hammer. if u use a hammer make sure its a mallet and keep a lug nut loosen so it doesnt come off.n e ?'s email me [email protected]