PDA

View Full Version : fog light rewire

Its Reu
01-27-2007, 06:11 PM
now that i got my drl disabled, can anyone do a write up on how to wire the fog lights so that they can come on with the parking lights and not only the headlights? thanks

Its Reu
01-30-2007, 10:00 PM
K i wired it so that the fogs would come on whenever the parking lights are on. You have to unbolt the fuse holder that the foglight relay is in from the body and look under were the foglight relay is. there you will see 4 wires, 2 of them are red (12v) one black and white (ground), and the other is green or something. all you have to do is clip the ground wire (white and black) and ground it to some part of the body. then clip the red wire directly above the ground wire. then splice that wire into the little parking light right by the fuse box splice it into the wire thats powered when the lights are on, In my car its the green and orange wire. then change the fuse for the parking lights to something more than the 7.5 thats in it already, i changed mine to a 30. then thats it.

04_GTS_Galant
03-17-2007, 09:19 PM
K i wired it so that the fogs would come on whenever the parking lights are on. You have to unbolt the fuse holder that the foglight relay is in from the body and look under were the foglight relay is. there you will see 4 wires, 2 of them are red (12v) one black and white (ground), and the other is green or something. all you have to do is clip the ground wire (white and black) and ground it to some part of the body. then clip the red wire directly above the ground wire. then splice that wire into the little parking light right by the fuse box splice it into the wire thats powered when the lights are on, In my car its the green and orange wire. then change the fuse for the parking lights to something more than the 7.5 thats in it already, i changed mine to a 30. then thats it.

Wow, great work.. but i didn't understand what u did exactly. It all gets confusing after you clipped the red wire.. do you have any pix step by step with instructions to help us out? I would love to do this too if its as easy as you seem to have done it.