PDA

View Full Version : Radiator i think?

bmxmike
01-29-2007, 02:00 PM
Ok so i live in Oklahoma and it snowed and sleeted pretty good here a few weeks ago. Well i had to drive my galant and first day it was fine. Second day it snowed all little more and the car kept hitting snow and ice. Third day i noticed my car kept getting abnormally hot very fast so i parked it and got a ride cause didnt want to get it to hot. Well all the snow finally melted and my car is goin through anti-freeze like crazy. I have to put in a whole bottle about every day. Except for yesterday when i went to check it, it was still full. I cant seem to find any cracks or anything and hoses look fine. The clamps are alilttle rusted but there still holding. The first time i added anti-freeze it leaked a little bit on the left side(if you standing in front with battery on your left.) Then it stopped leaking. Then i raised the car up to check and it started to leak out the right side out of the place under the drain plug. Also sometimes my heater doesnt work, and the car wont go if i lightly get on the gas. I have to floor it to get it to go and then slowly back off or else it just kinda coasts. But if i but some anti-freeze in it seems to be fine. Any ideas on what it could be? It could be my radiator is cracked but its just so dam cold to look for a long time so i havent really got a good look and it does hold anti-freeze most the time. Also if this is my radiator any ideas on a good after market one? Cause i plan on goin turbo and dohc and want good cooling.

B19WHEELS
01-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Ok so i live in Oklahoma and it snowed and sleeted pretty good here a few weeks ago. Well i had to drive my galant and first day it was fine. Second day it snowed all little more and the car kept hitting snow and ice. Third day i noticed my car kept getting abnormally hot very fast so i parked it and got a ride cause didnt want to get it to hot. Well all the snow finally melted and my car is goin through anti-freeze like crazy. I have to put in a whole bottle about every day. Except for yesterday when i went to check it, it was still full. I cant seem to find any cracks or anything and hoses look fine. The clamps are alilttle rusted but there still holding. The first time i added anti-freeze it leaked a little bit on the left side(if you standing in front with battery on your left.) Then it stopped leaking. Then i raised the car up to check and it started to leak out the right side out of the place under the drain plug. Also sometimes my heater doesnt work, and the car wont go if i lightly get on the gas. I have to floor it to get it to go and then slowly back off or else it just kinda coasts. But if i but some anti-freeze in it seems to be fine. Any ideas on what it could be? It could be my radiator is cracked but its just so dam cold to look for a long time so i havent really got a good look and it does hold anti-freeze most the time. Also if this is my radiator any ideas on a good after market one? Cause i plan on goin turbo and dohc and want good cooling.
If there is little to no heat it is more than likely its the thermostat!!! If not check your radiator cap i know mine just fell apart one day!!

bmxmike
01-29-2007, 09:34 PM
Well the radiator cap is good. The heat works, when its not working i look at the radiator and usually add more coolant and then the heat works. So i didnt now if this meant anything.