PDA

View Full Version : any one know any shop around VA.......

4G64
11-22-2002, 12:12 AM
I am looking for a shop around VA that will do a mandrel bend custom exhaust for me... I've been asking around but most answers I got was "no. nobody does that around here"......... Anyone know any shop around VA that will do a custom one........

Thanx ahead for any info......

pinoyesv6
11-22-2002, 12:36 AM
pride of america gas station in oxon hill md will do it. uhm i forgot the name but there is a shop in the springfield/lorton area and one in the fairfax area that will do it too

4G64
11-22-2002, 10:43 AM
How about exhaust shops like Midas and Meineki? I prefer Meineki cuz they seems to be a lot more willing to work with me when I got my muffler welded on......

and Pinoy you wouldn't remember the name or location of the shop in Fairfax would you? Cuz I live in Fairfax...

thanks for the info....

RydnClean
11-22-2002, 11:12 AM
there is a few shops around my way.........we have a custom pipes shop......performance direct....custom cruisin.....i live in the richmond area, hope it helps!

96TEXASgalant
11-22-2002, 01:05 PM
Got mine done at AA Speed in Woodbridge.

4G64
11-23-2002, 02:16 AM
thanks for all the info guys.....

I am gonna check out AA Speed in Woodbridge...

96TEXASgalant would you have any info on that shop... like a number or where it is located.....

also how much did u run you for your exhaust and what type of exhaust did you get?

96TEXASgalant
11-23-2002, 03:06 PM
The # is 703-494-1330, they only work on weekdays though. I paid $375 for 2 1/2" from the manifold back, a dynomax muffler w/ tip, and some type of race resonator. I don't have a CAT, and I don't recommend removing yours. It will give your exhaust a nasty sound, get a hi-flow. Also I would find and purchase the muffler you want prior to going to the shop. If your intersted I still have the dynomax muffler w/ tip. The tip fits really well in the housing on the 7g. I'm willing to part with it for a few bucks. Sorry this is so long. Holla back!

4G64
11-23-2002, 10:10 PM
thanks for the info dude....

I have a Magnaflow muffler that I love and I am going to use that as well.. I also purchased RPW header from Vison Imports.. and I will use that... as far as cat... I might just use the stock one.. cuz it should be fine.... later on I will get a hi flow cat.... but I want them to do a custom job to put in more than one resonator.... maybe two or three. to quiet down the exhaust.... that price isn't bad at all.... being its mandrel bend.. did you have to order special pipes or do they mandrel bend the pipes in store... how long did it took them to do the whole thing on your car?

p.s.

hey I live in Fairfax.. like 20 minutes from Woodbridge.. maybe we should get together sometime...... being we both have a 7g Galant...

96TEXASgalant
11-24-2002, 10:11 AM
They did it there in the shop and it took about 1-2 hours maybe. I live in Alexandria, on Van Dorn, I have no problem with us getting together sometime.

4G64
11-25-2002, 12:48 PM
thanks dude.. for the info... I will call them today and setup an appointment.....

thanks again for all the help....

4G64
11-25-2002, 01:27 PM
hey 96Texasgalant... I just called AA Speed and setup an appointment next Wednesday...

I got one question... did the resonator quiet down your exhaust?? what kinda of muffler u got now?

96TEXASgalant
11-25-2002, 04:20 PM
Yea the resonator did quiet it down. I have an aerospeed m1 w/ the silencer, the one that's advertised in the vendors forum. It sounds alright. Again, being that I don't have a CAT it will never sound the way I want it to

4G64
12-05-2002, 05:37 PM
Hey TexasGalant.. I finally got it done at AA Speed... I gotta say.. that is a very good shop.. small but has pretty much everything there.. and the ppl there are really cool. Thanks for the info.... I am going to recommend them to all my friends. while I was there.. one of the mechanic told me that he already made a custom header for a 8G Galant... So if anybody on the board got their header done by AA Speed please tell me how it performes. they also got Random Technology hi flow Cat there for a good price.. 139 for a 3' inlet/outlet hi flow cat...

96TEXASgalant
12-06-2002, 06:55 AM
THAT'S COOL. I HADN'T HEARD ABOUT THE HEADERS THOUGH. I MIGHT HAVE TO PAY THEM A LITTLE VISIT. DID YOU ASK THEM ABOUT THE 7G HEADERS? GIVE SOME MORE DETAILS; PIPE SIZE, MUFFLER, SOUND, PRICE, ECT. DID YOU MENTION MY REFERRAL? CHECK YOUR PM.

4G64
12-06-2002, 08:28 AM
the price they ask for the header is a bit high. he said 700 to 800 depend on how complicated it is......

Of course I mention you referal.... I told them that another galant has got his done here as well... And then we all started talking about Galants and what can be done with it.. thats when the custom header came up....

thanks again for giving me their info.. otherwise I would have gone to Meineki again.... . thanks dude.

Kain
12-06-2002, 09:29 AM
Mmm...Random Technology. In my opinion the best cats in existance. They said they were willing to make a direct bolt on cat for the Galant provided I took one into them (their headquarters is about 5 miles from my school) So, if anyone gets a highflow cat, and is willing to send me their old one, I'll take it to RT so they can make a direct bolt on cat that you can install yourself at your leisure so you don't have to do it when you have the rest of your exhaust done (also, if your G sees track time, a direct bolt on cat can be replaced with straight pipe at the track for that extra 1-2 hp)

4G64
12-07-2002, 10:55 AM
Damn dude... Only if I had known ealier... I told them to trash my old Cat after I got the new one... damn.. I would be more than happy to send it to u Kain..... Sorry dude...