PDA

View Full Version : Runnin my system better

thealliance43
02-05-2007, 07:34 PM
I got 2 15" l7's and i running another battery like a cap. with a hifonics amp. I just bought the stinger relay.. now i wanted to know if i need a stronger remote wire then the back of my deck remote... i was thinkin of wiring it to the remote on the ignition... any thoughts?

Serstylz2
02-05-2007, 07:40 PM
does ur system cut off at all or clip during long bass notes?

thealliance43
02-05-2007, 07:44 PM
i haven't done the setup yet...but... with reg. hook up yea... with the regular battery wire to the amp ground rca and remote...yea but i haven't sucucessfully done with my new stuff

SinSere
02-06-2007, 09:57 AM
No, your Remote wire is fine. Its the line from amp to battery or from battery to battery that need to be bigger. This supplies the power to your amp. You should, at a minimum be 1/0 gauge. Less resistance. or you could just be overpowering your amp from the stock alternator. Your car is only built to put out so many amps/volts at a time. If you're ponding 1500W for a length of time your alternator can not keep up.

cutthrote
02-07-2007, 10:48 PM
Depending on the rating of your amp, you are probably drawing more amperage from your amps than your altenator can supply. Our factory alternator is not meant to provide enough enough current for too many extra accessories such as high powered audio systems. Either downsize the system or beef up the charging system....thats about all you can do to permanently and correctly fix the problem. Upgrading your power and ground wires is a start, but if your are drawing massive amperage, this will not fix the problem. You can google "car charging systems" and read all about if for yourself

RedGalant2k1
02-08-2007, 09:39 AM
I got 2 15" l7's and i running another battery like a cap. with a hifonics amp. I just bought the stinger relay.. now i wanted to know if i need a stronger remote wire then the back of my deck remote... i was thinkin of wiring it to the remote on the ignition... any thoughts?

You will never need more than a 14-16ga wire for your remote wire. Upgrading it does nothing for your sound quality. Leave it as is.

01blackG
02-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Dont run any thing off the remote wire other then the amp remote. I would just run a seperate wire from the fuse box with a inline fuse.