PDA

View Full Version : BATTERY DIED FOR THE 2ND TIME W/IN 2 MONTHS??????

joncav2222
02-05-2007, 10:54 PM
EDIT:
FOUND OUT WHQAT THE PROBLEM WAS...LOL THE CONNECTORS WERE LOOSE, THE GUYS WHO FIXED MY CAR DIDNT PUT EM ON RIGHT...THANKS FOR REPLYING AND READING GUYS

my cars only about a year and half old...the battery went in the fall...i didnt think much of it...figured the battery was shot...brang it to the shop, got the alternator check, everything was good...the battery was just dead...bougth a new one, put it in...everyhtign was good..

now i have two led tubes in my grill attached to my battery, and HID's///basically those are my main aftermarket lightings...the LEDS barely take any voltage...

now without warning my battery goes...i have a switch that puts my my lights on in the car, now i flick it 3 days ago it didnt go on...i flick it off then on and it goes...i barely run these lights as is...so now yesterday i try to flick them on nothing happens. i odle the car on and off for about 45 minutes.....i drive it home come back out, everythings on an wut have you and then i goto start it and it clicks and then dies...

..mind u its like 20 degrees over by me, not sure if that has anyhtign to with it....

i jump it then charge it with my battery charger...the charger shows no voltage while chargin i leave it for 2 hours come back, it cliks again...i jump it drive it for 20 minutes come bak turn it off, turni it on and it clicks...

while charging i cut the lbumper lights and thn let it fully charge...

im going to get it cheked tomm...hoping my alternators not shot and its just a coincidence the battery is a dud!!!!

any opinions and sry for the essay lol///

pinoyesv6
02-05-2007, 11:30 PM
make sure there isn't anything putting a constant drain on your battery after the car is shut down. maybe like a stereo system or some accent lights.

joncav2222
02-06-2007, 10:53 AM
hmm..well i have changed the interior lights to leds aswell but boubt thats a constant drain...i also forgot to mention i have led tubes under each footwell and under the front seats leading to the back>>>this is no connected to my battery it is connected to a fuse...ive been meaning for some time to connect to the battery buyt never thought much of it...as of right now they are still connected but im going to get my engine cheked out now and well see what he says...