PDA

View Full Version : GM Blowers.

6G72gearhead
02-05-2007, 11:50 PM
I've been thinking of whether or not a roots type from a 3.8L park avenue or similar supercharged gm model would work well with our 3.0L. It seems like it would be a good match, and being designed for a slightly larger application would have some potential for some nice boost. I'll have to look for one in a local junkyard and look it through, it might be a good set up.

Like I've said in the past if I go boost it will either be with a roots type or an electric supercharger of my own design.

gtx
02-06-2007, 09:58 AM
just a heads up, Alpine is looking for a test car for their roots charger as we speak, it's on club3G

6G72gearhead
02-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Aww hell yes I'll look that up.

boostzealot
02-08-2007, 08:51 PM
yeah alpine is some good shit. all reliable hp is the way to go. i posted there with my new intake mod and gave some clarity on the runner design differences between the tibby and our motor. supposedly they have a test bed now and should be posting results very soon.

6G72gearhead
02-09-2007, 01:11 AM
Yeah I'm excited to see how this pans out. Gotta love the instant torque of a roots type, maybe 400 hp will be easier than I thought. :lol: Seriously though, this will be awesome for autox, and the intercooler makes it even better, thats something I wont be able to do with a gm blower.