PDA

View Full Version : All Speakers Stopped Working?????

thealliance43
02-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Not exactly sure what happened, i woke up the morning after running my rca's to my trunk and hooking up my back amp and now my speakers aren't working...

(The Amp wasn't hooked up completely meaning that there was no inline fuse, no 2nd battery pretty much NO possible way the amp could turn on)

now my deck works...everything fuction wise works... just not my sound...

theres no fuses to the amp that came with the car right? b/c i didn't see any.

Could having my remote wire hooked up to my amp for the speakers n my hifonics amp be the problem when my hifonics isn't even getting power?

any help is highly appreciated

cntrylvr79
02-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Check the wiring behind the radio for the speakers. If those short, that can cause the problem you're having. What all do you have installed in the car as far as aftermarket audio equipment goes.

thealliance43
02-08-2007, 10:50 PM
i got hifonics set amp in my trunk wit 2 15"'s and extra battery.... i got 2 headrest tv's... flip up (Head Unit) then just afta market speakers... but the amp doesn't have power now caz i took the seond battery out... so idk why it would be b/c of my wiring with that...

cntrylvr79
02-08-2007, 10:55 PM
It could have happened pulling the headunit out. Does your flipout have a separate brain o is t an all-in-one. Oh what brand is it and the speakers.

thealliance43
02-08-2007, 11:00 PM
clarion vrx765 is the headunit... and my speakers are pioneers...but if it was my speakers being blown i think i would still hear something either out of my tweeters or any wierd sound out of the speakers...

cntrylvr79
02-08-2007, 11:15 PM
clarion vrx765 is the headunit... and my speakers are pioneers...but if it was my speakers being blown i think i would still hear something either out of my tweeters or any wierd sound out of the speakers...

Not always. Like I said check the wiring behind the radio. Make sure none of the speaker lines are touching each other or metal in the car. then check the speakers themselves. Make sure ther speaker terminals are not touching metal.

thealliance43
02-09-2007, 01:14 PM
iight i;m goin to check it out now... thanx for the headz up

thealliance43
02-09-2007, 01:40 PM
you were right bro. i had my stereo on and was messing with some wires i was running the other night and right side back seat was pinchin a wire... thanks for the help