PDA

View Full Version : Car stereo problems

UAL Tripple 7
02-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Today I noticed that when I move the sound to only my front speakers and my sub, if I go all the way to only the right side speaker the sub stay on. As soon as I move the sound all the way over to the left front speaker the sub shuts off. I dissconected both front speakers and the sub still shuts off when the fade and balance is set all the way to the front left. As soon as I set the fade and balance to the front right it turns on again. Does anyone know what could be causing this? On another note I purchased a new deck and the altinator noise is terrible. I made sure everything was grounded and I even had to add noise filters, but the sound is still here. When I put my old Panasonic deck back in, the noise goes away. Can you guys please help me!?!?!??!?!

Thanks

Titanium03G
02-11-2007, 07:06 PM
For the sub problem check the RCA's going from the head unit to the sub amp. Make sure both laft and right and connected tightly.

As for the engine noise, what kind of deck did you buy? Quality or value?

UAL Tripple 7
02-11-2007, 07:23 PM
All RCA's have a good connection from what I can tell. Here is a link to the deck I bought. http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Pioneer-In-Dash-Player-DEHP6800MP/sem/rpsm/oid/141962/catOid/-13089/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

WhiteGTZ01
02-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Check all of your wiring.

raw0055
02-12-2007, 08:36 AM
Sound to me like a blown channel on the deck. I bought the pioneer premier 860mp and had the sub outs go bad in 2 monthes.

cntrylvr79
02-12-2007, 08:55 AM
Nope it's a common problem with the rcas in pioneer radios. There's a fuse on the rca ground sheild inside the radio. The only way to change that fuse is to dismantle the radio. To prevent this from happening, you have to make sure the ground wire for any amps is hooked up before connecting the rcas.

UAL Tripple 7
02-12-2007, 07:18 PM
My problem ended up being a bad rca cable running to the amp. I replaced the cable and now the noise and static is all gone. Im still not sure why the sub cuts out when I fade and balance all the way to the front left speaker. It stays on for the other speakers when I fade and balance to each one of them.

Jeffylou87
02-12-2007, 07:19 PM
I was gunna say that.... :?

cntrylvr79
02-12-2007, 07:39 PM
What kind of amp is it, how many subs you have and what brand. Nice to see it wasn't the problem I mentioned. Cause that's a dumb idea on pioneer's end.

UAL Tripple 7
02-12-2007, 07:49 PM
I am running a Rockford Fosgate P3001 300W amp with 1 10" Alpine Type R sub. I have had the amp for a about 3 years at least and I dont really listen to my music up loud so I dont think Im pushing it to hard.

cntrylvr79
02-12-2007, 08:44 PM
double check where you have the rcas plugged into the amp. From what you're describing you might have one rca plugged into the input and one plugged into the output.

UAL Tripple 7
02-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Just checked and everything is plugged into the correct location. I'm not going to worry about it anymore though. The noise and static is gone wich allowed me to remove the 2 noise filters. The music quality is so much better now withouth the noise filters.

chromeblueES
02-15-2007, 10:03 AM
My premier 860mp blew my subs in about two months..... the subs were kinda shitty though.

RedGalant2k1
02-15-2007, 01:53 PM
do you have subouts on the headunit?

01blackG
02-15-2007, 10:51 PM
Your subs should be completly seperate from the other speakers and should be on there own channel from the head unit. I was reading a bit of that link you sent and it has 3 sets of rca outputs. 2 of those ouputs are for the regular speakers and 1 set is for the subs. Double check those first. And if your still having the problem after, take back the radio or start switching rca wires until you find the one thats not on the same channel as the regular speakers. Very unlikly but they might be marked wrong. If you really dont mind how you have them now it is no problem. The only difference, is some radios have a high freq. blocker on the sub channel. Which in return gives you better bass and also makes the subs last longer, because the subs are not trying to push out the highs of the music. My opinion though is to do the best to solve the problem. After 10 yrs+ of dealing with car systems, its better to fix it then have to pay for it a second time.

UAL Tripple 7
02-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the info 01blackG. I have checked everything and it is all hooked up the correct way. I dont know what could be causing this. When the spring arrives I will check it out again. I will have a new car so the Galant can be taken apart for much longer while I look for the problem.