PDA

View Full Version : rattling sound from brakes

islandG
02-14-2007, 02:27 PM
i have recently intsalled my hawk brakes and powerslot rotors. and i have been hearing some rattling sounds coming from my brakes and it stops everytime i press breaks so something has to be loose. i didn't put any shims, so i dont know if that is the cause of it. i put so brake lubricant directly on the back of the brake pad. could someone help me

n3oAcid24
02-14-2007, 04:06 PM
i have recently intsalled my hawk brakes and powerslot rotors. and i have been hearing some rattling sounds coming from my brakes and it stops everytime i press breaks so something has to be loose. i didn't put any shims, so i dont know if that is the cause of it. i put so brake lubricant directly on the back of the brake pad. could someone help me

make sure everything is tight. put some muscle on the wrench... you should be good. i dont have shims on my car either but the brakes dont rattle.

Jet Black
02-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Make sure the dust shield is not loose. See if you can wiggle it around.

islandG
02-14-2007, 08:24 PM
the dust shield is tight. i believe the sound is coming from either the rotors or the pads. is it bad if i put the brake lubricant on the pads instead of the shims