PDA

View Full Version : MITAH Adaptor Question

spicytuna
02-15-2007, 08:43 PM
OK, got everything I need for my install. Took everything out but when I began to pair up the HU wiring harness I noticed there's a blue lead coming from the MITAH plug. Where is that supposed to go to?

On the MITAH harness itself, there's a total of 5 leads available. I know the yellow is for the constant/live power and the red is for the main power (12v) but the rest are labeled:

orange - illumination/dash light
blue - power antenna
orange/white - dimmer

Then of course I have the remaining RCA's for the speakers. So with the remaining wires do I just ignore them?

Also, where is my ground? The wiring doesn't have a black wire yet there's one coming from my HU.

Fishboy55
02-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Ok Im doing this from memory so somebody correct me if I'm wrong. The blue wire in the MITAH is the constant power on. Ground isn't on the Mitah, use the metal and a convenient screw in the enclosure. As far as the lighting for the radio, I believe you have to pick that up from the 12 v source. Not sure about the dimmer....Somebody help me and Spicy out here please.

spicytuna
02-15-2007, 09:48 PM
Oh yeah, and one more thing. There's a second cable (from the car) that's just hanging there. When I removed it from the stock HU it was next to the FM antenna. Looking at the rear of the stock HU both holes where the cables came from say FM.

Are the both used for FM reception??? What am I supposed to do w/ this extra cable?

cntrylvr79
02-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Ok here's how it goes.

I'm going off memory of the jensen harness so bare with me.

Jensen harness -- mitah harness

yellow -- yellow - this is constant power for the radio
red -- red - this is accessory power (tells the radio to turn on/off)
black -- this one you'll have to screw into metal in the dash somewhere
Blue/white -- blue and blue/white wires of the mitah ( the blue is the power antenna lead and the blue/white is the amp turn on for the infinity amp

White RCA plugs into the left front rca output on the jensen radio
Gray RCA plugs into the right front rca output
Green RCA plugs into the left rear rca output
Purple RCA plugs into the right rear rca output

There are 2 antenna plugs that plug into the back of the stock radio. One is the standard size which will plug directly into the jensen radio. The smaller one is for the secondary antenna, basically useless to an aftermarket radio.

The orange wire in the mitah is not used, unless by some chance your jensen radio actually has an illumination wire. If it does then orange goes to orange.