PDA

View Full Version : question about car stereo system

streetracer
11-23-2002, 03:33 PM
i just got some subs and an amp and i wanted to hook it up. We took apart the dash and found that my stock cassete player doesnt have like rc hook ups or somethin. i am going to get a deck but before i do is there an adapter you can buy so i can still hook the system up to my stock cassete player. If there is do u know where i can find one and how much it costs?

cantbeatmy97
11-23-2002, 05:30 PM
nope unless u have outputs u cant hook up n e amps.decks are cheap nowadays

jluv97
11-23-2002, 11:16 PM
You can get an adapter to hook up to the factory system. It goes in-line on the speaker wires and gives you a set of RCAs to hook into your amp. However it will produce lots of road noise (crappy distortionn caused by the car). Best bet is to get a new deck. Why waste cash on something that gets you by, when you can hold off a while longer and get it done the right way.

streetracer
11-23-2002, 11:45 PM
alright i guess ill just wait until i get a deck

HiperSilver
11-24-2002, 12:14 AM
you coudl hook it up but its a waste of time, you will want a aftermarket cd player, itll have a stronger preout, cleaner sound,

Mr. E
11-28-2002, 12:36 AM
Unless your some car audiophile junkie guru, you probably wont notice the difference in sound quality.I had an Alpine Flex2 amp, with JL subs hoked to the Mitsu tape deck with a line converter.It sounded good.I bought it at Best Buy for 14.99/ the brand is Road Gear, and its called a "line converter" find it in the car audio section.It basically converts Speaker wire into rca.Now I have a CD Player, with RCA preouts (front and back https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif )and it sounds awesome as well.(yes, they do have road gear at best buy lol)