View Full Version : Has anyone replaced their Radiator hoses?

methkilab
02-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Has anyone replaced their radiator hoses? If so how long did it take you? And do you have any pics?

02redgalant
02-17-2007, 10:06 PM
i have for like 20 bucks i got the hoses from Mitsu,top on is super easy the bottom one is a little bit harder cause it goes under the battery,took about 2 hours cause i flushed the whole system

pinoyesv6
02-18-2007, 04:49 PM
its not that hard to do.

pretty much if you're gonna replace both hoses, i'd start with first draining the radiator. while the radiator is draining, replace the top hose. the radiator should be drained by the time you're done with that. then do the bottom hose.

if you still have the factory clamps, you might want to get some new clamps. the factory ones aren't all that great and you can get better ones for cheap.

as for pics. not really. the new hoses look just like the old ones except they are clean lol.

methkilab
02-18-2007, 08:37 PM
yeah i just finished it this morning didnt take too long....i just had to get all the corosion off .....thats the suck ass portion of the change....other than that it was cool....im still getting some excess by the bottom radiator hose towards the top...like right underneath the battery ...i dont know how ...but oh well ....

mindwerkz
02-20-2007, 07:31 PM
If I ever get around to installing it, I'll post pics of the one I got. www.KillerGlass.com makes pyrex radiator hoses that come with internal illumination. Since I ordered mine they should be able to make one for 8G galants w/o needing you to send your old one in. Their website is under re-construction so you might have to check back once or twice if they're working on it. Average kit is $200 with one LED light. I believe it's $20 more per LED. Plus extra for glass etching services (could get TGC logo etched into it). And as you can probably tell by now, they sponsor my car lol. They are trying really hard to get the word out so they're passing out sponsorships like candy.

Pics of the kit are on my cardomain. www.cardomain.com/id/mindwerkz