PDA

View Full Version : 96 jdm front lip

cbuster77
02-23-2007, 10:13 AM
will the 96 jdm front lip fit usdm 99-03 galants?

SinSere
02-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Nope. totally different bumper. You can get almost anything to fit with enough $$$$ but no, it won't bolt up.

fatal1
02-23-2007, 12:24 PM
actually that is the vrg one if you are referring to the one on ebay i saw not too long ago, if so then someone here said it fit pretty easilly with minor modding forgot who tho

kidlatV6
02-24-2007, 02:08 AM
actually that is the vrg one if you are referring to the one on ebay i saw not too long ago, if so then someone here said it fit pretty easilly with minor modding forgot who tho

--- I think you are talking about me. Its not that hard to mod the JDM lip. I have an '03 oem bumper and the only thing I had to do were:
1. Find the right spot to cut the ends to make it longer.(Don't throw away the cut portion. You'll still need it.)
2. Extend the length of the lip and to make the job simpler, use the cut portions to serve the same purpose.
3. Bondo with fiberglass, sand, putty, sand, sand, sand to make it smooth and unnoticeable as much as possible.
4. Prime and paint.
And you have yourself a modified lip that's really made for the Galant. I think so far, I'm the only one who has done this on an8G oem bumper. As far as I know. Good luck.

fatal1
02-24-2007, 11:07 AM
well i have that lip as well on my vrg bumper :smt002