PDA

View Full Version : GAS GAUGE NEEDLE

rr
11-25-2002, 06:05 AM
I changed my gauge to the EL one yesterday and after that the gas gauge needle stop working. I took it off again and i tried to push down the gauge and the needle move but not to the F point. ( i already filled up the tank).
So after that i took off the needle and then i put it back on to the F point but now, its completely stop working, even if i press down the gauge to make sure that the needle doesnt stick with the gauge?
Is it possible that anything break or its just the needle miscalibrate or something?
Thanks

Xavier22
11-25-2002, 08:18 AM
welcome to the club - sorry to lay it down - but u probably fucked it up - that gas needle is so delicate,that any little push or move to it will fuck it up!!!

rr
11-25-2002, 11:16 AM
So is there any way to fix it?

Mindless
11-25-2002, 11:51 AM
Same thing happened to me. My gas gauge is now 1/4 tank off at all times. It's no big deal though, everytime I fill up I just hit the trip so I know how much further i can drive once the needle hits E.

IllestGalant
11-25-2002, 09:13 PM
When I installed my white face, indiglo gauges, I had reinstalled them and
forgot where my gas gauge was so I filled it up and it never went down.
after playing with it, I found out that if you have the needle pushed to
far down, the needle pushes into the pin housing and prevents it from
spinning. make sure you only applied the needle with light pressure.
It's not going to go anywhere if it is a little loose.

95G-Hustler
11-26-2002, 09:45 AM
there are also stops on teh gauge needle that stops it at f and E, be careful not to brake those or ur needle will forever be off, best bet is, set ur needle to empty, fill ur tank, reset ur ECU (Since the gas gauge is electronic, and let it automatically go back up, thats how i fixed mine

seth98esT
11-27-2002, 01:01 AM
ya mine is 1/8th tank off...im going to run my car till she is empty so i know how much it is off. ive never ran out of gas with the galant so it would be good to know how much it is off, if much at all

rr
11-27-2002, 02:10 AM
What kind of stops is that?Is something very soft that we can't even feel if we break it?
Also, how do we reset the ECU?
Thanks

95G-Hustler
11-27-2002, 10:41 PM
the stops are 2 little plastic things that are to the right and left of where the needle goes, they fit inside the base of the needle, so they are tiny, and u can break them and not know, to reset the ECU, disconnect the battery for 15 min