PDA

View Full Version : Wiring a 4 channel amp

cbuster77
02-28-2007, 03:50 PM
when wiring a 4 channel amp. most people run there speaker wires from the door to the amp. but is there any other ways of doing it?for example could i run the speaker wires from the back of the headunit to the amp,just splice in to them?

pinoyesv6
02-28-2007, 03:53 PM
people run new wires through the door because they are using better wire.

but if you don't want to do that. you can run the signal wires from the head unit to the amp. and then run speaker wires from the amp and splice that to the factory wiring thats located to the back of the head unit.

RedGalant2k1
02-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Splicing wires is just asking for issues. I'd run new speaker wires from the amp to the speakers. Just some information you can get flat speaker wire that allows for easy passage under carpet and paneling.

01blackG
02-28-2007, 11:23 PM
The run wire from the unit to the amp, I would recommend running RCA wire from the unit. If you dont have that option what ever you do, DO NOT RUN SPEAKER WIRES STRAIGHT FROM THE UNIT. If you do that you are asking for trouble down the road. Because the amp is designed for low freq. and the wires have high freq. If you have no choice though pick up a converter, which changes the freq. and also converts to RCA wires to be used. And for the wires from the amp to the speakers i do suggest running new ones. The stock wires are very small and may not give you all the qulity of the amp.