Comprehensive Component Monitor,
Catalyst Monitor,
Heated Catalyst,
Evaporative system monitor
Air Conditionging System Refrigerant
Oxygen Sensor Monitor
Oxygen Sensor Heater Monitor
Exhaust Gas recirculation Monitor

and tells you if your ECU has it and if its running a diagnostic of it, it will flash. And if your ECU doesnt use them they stay dark.

Well i have Misfire, Fuel, Comprehensive, and those are the only ones that work. The other ones are constantly going through a diagnostic and never finish. Does the 98 ecu even use all of these? I know i need to get the oxygen Sensor monitor and heater working but as for the other ones are they really that important to worry about on my car?

**Edit-How long will the ecu keep it self in a closed loop? Because thinking about it if the o2 sensor was broke i should get a check engine light right? And also does the galant have a o2 sensor heater?

RedGalant2k1
03-01-2007, 06:24 PM
All those things are important to know if they are within proper operating range.

It would make sense to me that from "Catalyst Monitor" to Exhaust Gas Recirculation monitor" can't be seen. If your O2 sensor is broken your catalytic convertor won't operate properly.

Yes, you should get a check engine light with a broken O2 sensor, but there may be another issue.

bmxmike
03-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Ok so today this is what happend. Hooked up scanner, turned key to on ran it and i had the same thing were things couldnt finish running a diagnostic. Well i turned the car on and drove it around 5 mins. in it gave me a pending code P0505, then 10 mins. in this is what i got

Freeze frame code P0505, MIL Code P0505
(P0505 is Idle Control System Malfunction)

Misfire Monitor; Fuel System Monitor; Comprehensive Component Monitor
Solid- Finished self Diagnositic tests

Catalyst Monitor; Heated Catalyst Monitor; Evaporative System Monitor;
Oxygen sensor Monitor; Oxygen Sensor Heater Monitor;
Exhaust Gas Recirculation Monitor
-Flashing-Monitor has not yet run and fishished its diagnostic
self-testing, or monitor can not complete its self test.

Now if my o2 sensor was malfunctioning could it thow that code, or is it that since the idle control system might be broke could that make all the other parts to not be able to complete a self test.

frag_daddy_2007
03-03-2007, 12:01 AM
this may sounds stupid, but im saying this from experience with that same code.
i was about to drop a lot of money for a new idle speed sensor before i realized that the plug on the back of the throttle body was loose.
check it and if it is do like me and tape it on tighter and clear the code

bmxmike
03-04-2007, 05:17 PM
I have done that already. I got it out one day check the plug to make sure everything was good and no bad connections and nothing was on them making it not get one of the signals. Took it apart cleaned it the got a multi meter to check it out and was fine. Put it back on and didnt come back on for a month. I didnt have a scanner then and i drove around 100 miles last night with it plugged in, on link mode. And still those icons kept flashing and i realized im not getting the greatest gas mileage. Im not worried bout the sensor after the cat convert. cause thats not goin to do very much more. Could it be my ecu causing this problem?

Was thinking bout going to get a new o2 sensor to see what happens. Im also probably going to go get a new idle air control valve. Might also just get a new throttle body while im at it and go to a 60mm