PDA

View Full Version : How do non-USDM 8g's handle?

keithert
03-02-2007, 02:07 PM
I've read that cars sold in Europe handle much tighter than most US cars. My stock 8g has pretty mushy handling (more like a Buick than a BMW). I wonder what the Galant's sold elsewhere are like.

6G72gearhead
03-03-2007, 12:16 AM
Could be the tires that are on it. Theres alot that goes into steering feel. Power steering pressure, gear ratio, and tires to name a few. My galant is so much more responsive with R-compound tires on it than it is with all-seasons.

VGERGO
03-24-2007, 03:32 PM
I've read that cars sold in Europe handle much tighter than most US cars. My stock 8g has pretty mushy handling (more like a Buick than a BMW). I wonder what the Galant's sold elsewhere are like.

It is enough comfortable in the everydays but u can go very fast with it in the mountains sharp bends :-) I like it very much.
Anyway the structure of the suspension is quite great.

laosboyroy
03-24-2007, 11:14 PM
mine handles like pure shit...not to mention turnn ratio. Need a drop and wheels.

Goku
03-25-2007, 01:40 AM

The JDM ones are pretty tight, and the NZ New ones which are basically the same thing..... they handle mint, even at high speeds :D

anticon
03-25-2007, 01:49 AM
im sittin pretty mushy myself. i was shocked at how much faster my friend's new is250 could handle turns than my g. its bout time for a suspension upgrade + wheel/tire package anywho

Gly
03-31-2007, 11:34 PM
that and the jdm's come with a factory Twin Turbo 4WD and AYC,
the Legnum (wagon) VR4 and Galant (sedan) VR4

lonestar22
04-01-2007, 01:00 AM
shock spring combination made a world of a difference when it comes to handling on my g. its light night and day. now i need the power to go wit hit

kolio
04-01-2007, 01:13 AM
shock spring combination made a world of a difference when it comes to handling on my g. its light night and day. now i need the power to go wit hit

you got to stay away from sidewalks tho

my 7G handles better than anything! Eibach prokit w/ kyb GR-2's FTW! :twisted:

lonestar22
04-01-2007, 09:57 AM

you got to stay away from sidewalks tho

my 7G handles better than anything! Eibach prokit w/ kyb GR-2's FTW! :twisted:

:lol:

i have a friend that autocrosses miatas and saleens and he was really impressed by the feel of my car. he said he could do some damage with it on the track if it was a manual