PDA

View Full Version : Installed new wheels and tires but..

Ada
11-26-2002, 06:05 AM
the car veers to the left now. With my stock wheels and tires, i didn't have that problem. I got my wheels and tires from wheelmax.com and they said they pre-balanced them.

Anyone have any ideas why my car would veer left after I installed the new wheels and tires?

Nick VR4
11-26-2002, 06:17 AM
Are you sure its not caused by the chamber in the road ?

Also check tyre presure's are correct and equal both sides

Gizmo
11-26-2002, 06:37 AM
Sometime with new tires it does that, the tread will actually follow any grooves in the road. At least thats what happened to me.

pinoyesv6
11-26-2002, 07:19 AM
i know this sounds stupid but make sure that the tires are all the same size. also if the tires are directional, make sure they are all facing the right direction. there are marks on the tire to show which direction they should be pointing

mbssbm
11-26-2002, 08:53 AM
my tires grip so good that when I'm on a bad road, especially one with worn groves, my car would always wants to pull. Thats just the way it is, small forfeit for the quality gripping you'll have!! YOu may want to go ahead and have your car realigned, but no matter what you'll always have a little bit of pull. Just curious, What kind of tires do you have?

RED2KESV6
11-26-2002, 11:26 AM
You could have gotten what's known as a "pulling" tire. I bought new wheels and tires 2 weeks after I bought the car and had the same problem. Tire dealers know about this. A manufacturing defect in the tire can cause it to pull. Try swapping the front tires side-to-side. If the car then pulls the other way, you have a pulling tire. It's usually more noticeable with front tires, but I guess if the tire is bad enough, even a rear tire could cause enough pull to be noticeable. The dealer should replace it under warranty.

BGR
11-26-2002, 01:49 PM
YOu may want to go ahead and have your car realigned, but no matter what you'll always have a little bit of pull.

Yes on both. If you're changing from a 16" to 18" wheel (most people don't do it) it would be recommended that you get a wheel alignment performed afterwards. A wheel alignment ranks way below checking the air in tires to most people. It would be recommended to get an alignment if you switch to a different brand of tires or any new tires.

Ada
11-26-2002, 02:32 PM
Just curious, What kind of tires do you have?

I've got Kuhmo 225/40/18 ones.

i know this sounds stupid but make sure that the tires are all the same size. also if the tires are directional, make sure they are all facing the right direction. there are marks on the tire to show which direction they should be pointing

They are the same size and the rotation of the tires are facing the right direction.

Although I just looked at the front tires and it seems as though the left front one has less air. I can't find my damn pressure gauge so I may have to buy another one. But yea, the left is noticably less.

Ada
11-27-2002, 12:23 AM
Thanks for all the input guys. I fixed the problem by gauging the tires. They were all different psi. heh. durrrrrr https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

mbssbm
11-27-2002, 12:32 AM
yeah that helps for sure https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

ASTIG
11-29-2002, 06:15 PM
Thanks for all the input guys. I fixed the problem by gauging the tires. They were all different psi. heh. durrrrrr https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

an extreme case is when you are driving with a flat tire.