PDA

View Full Version : Sun roof...

bmxmike
03-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Ok well i was goin to just post this on my old thread but couldnt find it...

Can some one tell me the specs of the stock sun roof for the galant? I have a 98 with a aftermarket that someone fucked up and since im goin to pull a part i was wondering the size cause if it will fit ill just take mine out and drop it in if the hole isnt cut to big but if its cut bigger than the original then it wouldnt work

Blue Ice
03-06-2007, 11:12 PM
not sure what the dementions are but...

About 2 years ago when i was putting in my hush matt i did the roof. i had the liner out and the everything. You could go to a jy and get a stock roof out and wire it in. it isn't hard at all. just the cutting of the roof. but it's held up by runners that you'd have to bolt it, but i'm sure it's like everything else, the holes are probably there, you just need the moon roof.

i think it could work, if the after market whole isn't too big.that is.

bmxmike
03-06-2007, 11:32 PM
Ya thats why i was wondering cause im hoping that the whole is either smaller or the same size as it. Cause i have talked bout it before but it got removed i guess bought it used and the guy before had it glued shut and took the tracks out so it wont open. Like the motor on it and everything works but to get just that to work would cost more than just buying used oem. Also the thing leaked real bad so i had to permanatly seal it anyways with clear rtv. Cause if i have the wiring for it to work already it should be that hard. And is the 8g roof bigger or smaller cause im thinking that hey even if the 7g one wont fit ill at least get one that will fit in there. Im not to picky just tryin to stick to mitsu and not get like honda moon roof!

edit-If anyone knows the size of any oem sun/moon roofs then put the size on here

bmxmike
03-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Question does the galant come stock with a sunroof or a moonroof? Im thinking about going with a moonroof either way but was just goin to see if i could find a headliner from a sunroof and swap it out with mine. Because the guy before cut the headliner a little to big as mine didnt come with one stock

fuel
03-27-2007, 06:28 PM
My '94 Galant has a factory electric sliding or tilting sunroof

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l230/te71se/94%20Galant/g4.jpg

Goku
03-27-2007, 06:47 PM
In the 8g, it was mainly an option for the VR-4's to have the sunroof.... Legnums have the moon roof

bmxmike
03-29-2007, 06:48 PM
Well cause like ive said before mine is all fucked up so im trying to find a option, either same size or bigger as its easier to take some off than add some back on. And tryin to decide if i want to grab a moon roof or sunroof

Is there any reall difference in them other than the way they open?

Goku
03-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Nope, one is just bigger

Blue Ice
03-30-2007, 02:09 AM
Actually, a moon roof is the one that has a glass, and a retractable cover so you could see out but not have it open. Sun roof is where the part that opens is basically opaque (no glass just hard top) Size, i don't think, has anything to do with it.

Also another thing i've noticed is when the sunroofs are retracted they go above the roof of the car, where as the moon roofs go between the roof and the head liner when retracted. Sunroof is open top but less refined, moon roof is refined and luxurious.

Good luck bro!

Goku
03-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Depends on your definition I guess.....

My bro has a larger "sun roof" in his Legnum, most people call it a moon roof though, my 7G has a factory sun roof in it. when it opens all the way, they both reteact into the space between the headlining and the roof.

cdipier2
03-30-2007, 04:33 PM
are u sure about that? sunroofs have a glass too which is what i have on my 8g. mine slides above the car. mine is not the only 8g that does this i have seen qyite a few. i think it was an after thought by mitsubishi. i think the regular moonroof that other 8g galants looks much better because the sunroof(i have) is way too forward and how the way the roof curves makes it look funny

Jeffylou87
03-30-2007, 06:05 PM
The difference is glass (see through) or metal (nobody home)..

laxinwarrior
03-30-2007, 07:57 PM
So that would mean I have a sunroof style moonroof :?:

bmxmike
04-03-2007, 09:49 PM
I thought that the sunroof went inbetween the headliner and roof, and that the moonroof was dark and lifted above the roof. Cause sunroof with cover allows sun in or close cover non, then you can just open it. And you can only see out a moon roof when it is open