PDA

View Full Version : Creaking sound turning right

Cheenoh
03-06-2007, 09:42 PM
There's a creaking sound coming from the drivers-side when I turn RIGHT- this happens after a few miles of driving, it doesn't do it right away.. Before it only made the creaking noise while the car was stationary but now also occurs at low speeds as well..

PwrSteering fluid is ok, lower tie-rod/ball joint recalls were already performed, and it DOESN'T creak when I turn the wheel to the left.. Anybody ever experience this?

bronxbombr
03-06-2007, 10:04 PM
check the axle, but i know for a fact that since its cold as fuck outside that its your lower control arm>>>>>> .

GoldGalant [Reborn]
03-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Experiencing the same shit

Diamndsr4eva
03-06-2007, 11:34 PM
yeah bro, im going thru the same shit. i think its because its cold outside because it doesnt creak when its warmer. :smt102

frag_daddy_2007
03-06-2007, 11:41 PM
yup, i think that the creaking is a standard feature on a cold galant.
i got it too, but my ball joints are starting to go so i need to make an appointment with mitsu for my recall

da1085
03-07-2007, 01:02 AM
yup, i think that the creaking is a standard feature on a cold galant.
i got it too, but my ball joints are starting to go so i need to make an appointment with mitsu for my recall

soryy i dont want to jack the tread but is there really such thing as the ball joint recall??

bmxmike
03-07-2007, 01:56 AM
Ya cause on the galant 7g they were known to brake prematurally. Let me tell you if you dont pay attention or get it changed it will brake if you havent got it fixed yet. Mine broke the third day after i bought the car and was in the middle of taking it to the shop. I ended up brining it home and having to buy a new trans-axle on driver side, new ball joint, new tires and rims, and a few other things cause i was going down the high way and luckily didnt hit anyone. Get it checked out soon if you havent yet.

Sleepervr-4
03-07-2007, 08:36 AM
Ha Ha you guys think your shit is creeking come hear my car. Prothane suspension bushings do not like cold weather. Days under 40 deg are not good for my ears. btw if it is the ball joint get it fixed asap. I had one fail on me while going 40mph. It isn't something you want to mess with. Long story short I ended up spending $700 to fix all the damage a $100 dollar part made.

kolio
03-07-2007, 12:03 PM
dam guys, my g doesn't make any noises. regardless of the temp there are never any noises.

as for the ball joint..... i went to the dealer for the recall 3-4 years ago, car had 57k....... a month ago i had to replace the passenger side at 82k.

when i put my rims on i noticed i could lift the tire up and down

manybrews
03-07-2007, 06:11 PM
the lateral arms should be covered forever, even if they've been replaced before.

and thats almost surely the cause of the creaking noise.