PDA

View Full Version : 8G 2.4L 4G64 Pistons or Engine Rebuild Kit.

GalantT3
03-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Does anyone know where I can get better pistons for the 8G 4cyl Galant. I've been looking around and I can't find a company that makes them. Doe anyone know? Either that or a complete Engine Rebuild Kit.

I was trying to go through RIPP but they are in some type of argument with the company that makes the pistons for them so, the company refuses to make anymore until they resolve this ongoing issue.

Alot of drama which I don't have time for. :roll:

S-Line
03-07-2007, 10:29 AM
did you check out www.tearstone.com since they got CP pistons.

RedGalant2k1
03-07-2007, 10:43 AM
did you check out www.tearstone.com since they got CP pistons.

Yup.

RPW also makes pistons if I'm not mistaken.( http://www.rpw.com.au/shop/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&manufacturer_id=124&Itemid=31 )

GalantT3
03-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Thanx guys

neepar
03-09-2007, 12:05 AM
wiseco pistons summitracing.com

Cali
03-09-2007, 02:19 AM
a lot of companies make pistons for the 4g64. your best bang for the buck would be wiseco's try www.maperformance.com for the best price possible. call and ask for chris.

peanotation
03-09-2007, 12:36 PM
please don't buy anything from RIPP. we need to stop supporting companies that fuck people over for a living.

wiseco makes a few good ones, ROSS makes some great options (check out magnus' site, they have 7.8:1 pistons listed if that's your thing), topline makes OEM versions, there's a few others floating around....check all the dsm sites

mattalicslvr8g02
03-09-2007, 01:31 PM
http://www.slowboyracing.com/estore/home.php?cat=15

Stewi
03-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Road race engineering built a few of the motors for the turbo'd 4G64 guys on Club3g. I believe roadrace uses the wiseco pistons. If you want to upgrade rods, EVO rods and 4G64 rods are interchangeable. I dont mean using stock ones, because they are the same, but Eagle makes a good set for about $350

lonestar22
03-10-2007, 11:59 AM
what about rods?

neepar
03-10-2007, 01:47 PM
what about rods? :roll: Did you read the post Stewi made right above yours???

lonestar22
03-11-2007, 01:33 AM
what about rods? :roll: Did you read the post Stewi made right above yours???

haha ermm... sry guys :smt021

GoldGalant [Reborn]
03-11-2007, 10:59 AM
More options
http://www.importperformanceparts.net/imports/pek-mitsubishi.html

peanotation
03-11-2007, 06:05 PM
applicable to the 7g 4g64, so you really need to double check this before you go do it on your almost-identical 4g64, but we can use 1g big rods. you need to machine the small end to fit the larger wrist-pin of the 4g64 pistons, which uses a 22mm pin, since the 1g motors use a 21mm pin. also, the big end of the rod needs to be "thinned" since it's too fat to fit down on the crank. the inner diameter of the bigend of the rod will clamp around the crank fine, but the actual thickness of it is too much to even get down in there.....

if you look up the part numbers for 2g turbo rods, they use the same rod as the 7G GS, and i believe (not 100% sure) that it's the same rod as ALL 7G 4g64s. the 1g big rods are significantly thicker in both width and depth, and are constantly said to be able to handle big power. i have a set of both, and have compared, night vs day......

Stewi
03-11-2007, 10:14 PM
applicable to the 7g 4g64, so you really need to double check this before you go do it on your almost-identical 4g64, but we can use 1g big rods. you need to machine the small end to fit the larger wrist-pin of the 4g64 pistons, which uses a 22mm pin, since the 1g motors use a 21mm pin. also, the big end of the rod needs to be "thinned" since it's too fat to fit down on the crank. the inner diameter of the bigend of the rod will clamp around the crank fine, but the actual thickness of it is too much to even get down in there.....

if you look up the part numbers for 2g turbo rods, they use the same rod as the 7G GS, and i believe (not 100% sure) that it's the same rod as ALL 7G 4g64s. the 1g big rods are significantly thicker in both width and depth, and are constantly said to be able to handle big power. i have a set of both, and have compared, night vs day......

Peano im pretty sure your right. Even the 2g turbo rods, Evo rods and 2.4 (7 bolt) rods are all the same part#'s. The 1G rods would fit if the big end was thinned out, but in terms of price, you cant beat a set of eagles for $350. I've seen them as low as $330 online.

Sleepervr-4
03-12-2007, 10:11 AM
Just a question but slowboys 2.4l pistions are for the dohc swap so has anyone tried to use them on a sohc?

Stewi
03-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Just a question but slowboys 2.4l pistions are for the dohc swap so has anyone tried to use them on a sohc?

There is no reason they wouldnt work on a SOHC. They just have the top ring slightly lower to make room for larger valve pockets due to the EVO's larger valves.

GalantT3
03-22-2007, 10:12 AM
peanotation wrote:
please don't buy anything from RIPP. we need to stop supporting companies that fuck people over for a living.

I noticed alot of people have negative comments about RIPP. I'm curious why that is? They have been nothing but good to me (knock on wood) But I guess it was because I was the test car for the first 4cyl Supercharger. Everyone else swears they are the devil. Can I have an example of some of the shady stuff they have done, just so I know for my own knowledge?

Sleepervr-4
03-22-2007, 11:09 AM
peanotation wrote:

I noticed alot of people have negative comments about RIPP. I'm curious why that is? They have been nothing but good to me (knock on wood) But I guess it was because I was the test car for the first 4cyl Supercharger. Everyone else swears they are the devil. Can I have an example of some of the shady stuff they have done, just so I know for my own knowledge?

Can't complain about them at all. I go to the dyno days they have and they are cool people. Dyno prices are good too.