PDA

View Full Version : Dual Exhaust

surycdrol
03-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Does anyone have an idea where I can go or what I can do for a dual exhaust for a 8G GTZ. I've seen pics of G's with duals, but have no idea where to get it.

Jeffylou87
03-08-2007, 10:38 AM
I'm pretty sure that they don't have a direct bolt on kit... You would have to get that custom made at an exaust shop... Probably cost you around 400-500

pinoyesv6
03-08-2007, 10:58 AM
i'd consult your local exhaust shop about that. half of the exhuast shops i've found are totally clueless when it comes to that. just cuz they don't even have a pipe bender. find a shop and ask them about your options

surycdrol
03-08-2007, 11:12 AM
When I lived in KS. every shop I went to said it was impossible. Then when I moved back to mass I started finding pics with it done. I guess I just gotta find a good shop. Thanx guys.

GOOSEY2099
03-08-2007, 11:26 AM
What do you mean "impossible" Anything is possible and its not even that much $$$

quicksilver22
03-08-2007, 11:33 AM
where the hell did you take the pic for your avatar???? bad ass :twisted:

mattalicslvr8g02
03-08-2007, 01:22 PM
ture duals are hard to come by but if you have the $$ go for it since you have the v6 anyway .. now if you want to go with dual mufflers you have to have a pipe added to your single pipe behind your gastank bent to 90 degrees .. ill try to make a rough sketch of how my dads is done..

Muffler one is attached to your main exhaust pipe muffler is on the added 90 degree bent pipe.. you can do it this way or you can find a way to have one pipe come from each of your headers
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5626/untitledwo7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

BIGMONEYDAY
03-08-2007, 03:42 PM
I got a couple of tips on this subject since I have a dual set up. Any good muffler shop should be able to do it if they are any good, but but most just have guy that just do swaps. But if you do this, it better to do it on a V6 and also do use a 90 degree bend in your main pipe. This is what I have, and 95% of my flow comes out the main side and only 10% comes out the 2nd side. This makes one muffler black and the other like new as it just came out the box. Instead, you want to get a y-pipe installed as far back as possible. Try to get it installed where the exhaust pipe comes over the rear axle. My 1st generation setup ran me a little over $350. ($150 for 2 canister mufflers and the rest in labor) With the mufflers I used the tips are 4.5" in diameter, which hang too low, so even though the car isn't dropped the tips scrap the pavement when I come off a speed bump or go up a steep incline. For my 2nd generation setup I'll be using regular type mufflers, smaller oval tips, and also I'll take out the 90 degree bend and put in a y-pipe. I've found a local shop that will do the work for less than $100 using the existing pipe I have I just need to buy the new mufflers and tips I want to use.

racesnos
03-08-2007, 04:19 PM
ture duals are hard to come by but if you have the $$ go for it since you have the v6 anyway .. now if you want to go with dual mufflers you have to have a pipe added to your single pipe behind your gastank bent to 90 degrees .. ill try to make a rough sketch of how my dads is done..

Muffler one is attached to your main exhaust pipe muffler is on the added 90 degree bent pipe.. you can do it this way or you can find a way to have one pipe come from each of your headers

fantastic drawing. i honestly could not do better. :D

surycdrol
03-08-2007, 08:04 PM
I took that pic at a spot in KS. where we used to party all the time, the water on the fall stays pretty shallow. I don't have that car anymore thats my old 2000 4 cyl, now I got a 99 gtz.

surycdrol
03-08-2007, 08:07 PM

Thanks for the help, but I think I'm gonna keep tryin for the true duals. I'd rather do it the way I want once than have to do it a couple of times. Nice drawing though.

pinoyesv6
03-08-2007, 08:10 PM
if u are going for true duals, question. have u changed your exhaust manifold? do u plan to? cuz if you're gonna go with true duals, you're gonna have to make a custom downpipe also

surycdrol
03-08-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm lookin to get some headers. I was lookin into rippmods. Not exactly sure where I want to get them yet, but of course I will get them before I try to do the rest of the pipes.

Reelax
03-08-2007, 08:21 PM
true duals will cost at least 2x as much as a "Y" pipe setup since you now have to replace your downpipe (and possibly collectors not to mention dual cats / dual resonators to stay legal if u wanted). my duals are "Y" pipe, cat-back mandrel bent 2.75", to resonator, to 2.5 split, to dual muffler, to center exit 1 piece tip. whole system ran about $800 (not including downpipe).

surycdrol
03-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Yeah I def want the true duals. So noone really offers it huh. That sux guess I'll have to fab it.

milo111000
03-08-2007, 08:39 PM
are you gonna fabricate your gas tank to get the pipes even towards the muffler???

surycdrol
03-08-2007, 08:46 PM
I'll figure something out when it comes time. It won't be easy, but what good project really is?

milo111000
03-08-2007, 08:49 PM
yup.. cause don't know what kinda power you'll have if you don't go real straight.. you know what i mean??

Reelax
03-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Yeah I def want the true duals. So noone really offers it huh. That sux guess I'll have to fab it.

umm there's only like one, maybe 2, bolt-on catback systems even made for our cars... 99.9% of us w/ non-factory exhaust have it custom made. anyone w/ duals on our platform had them custom done (including the 3G guys).

also, unless you are pushing a ton fo air in (and out) of your engine, true duals will be a complete waste.