PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood Mono Amp

cbuster77
03-10-2007, 08:13 PM
i gotta kenwood mono amp,the kac-8152d.its a mono amp but there are two positives and two negitives.which neg and pos do i wire the speaker into to get the most power outta the amp?is there a way maybe a can bridge it?

cntrylvr79
03-10-2007, 08:23 PM
It doesn't matter which you use. They give you 2 separate speaker terminals for convience. there is no way to bridge a mono amp.

cbuster77
03-10-2007, 10:06 PM
is there anyway i can tune the amp then.i dont see any way to do it on the amp.cuz it doesnt seem to be puttin out that much power right now

cntrylvr79
03-11-2007, 07:28 AM
is there anyway i can tune the amp then.i dont see any way to do it on the amp.cuz it doesnt seem to be puttin out that much power right now

The controls should be under the silver plate on the same side as the power connections. What kind of subs are you hooking up to the amp. Are they single or dual voice coil?

cbuster77
03-11-2007, 10:00 AM
im hookin up one alpine type-r to each amp,they are dual voice coil and each sub will be pushin out 2 ohms.so is there a setting i gotta change on the amp to switch it to 2 ohms or it does that automatically?

01blackG
03-11-2007, 01:27 PM
The way the speaker is wired decides the ohms. But one question i do have for you guys, just because i have never used nor looked into mono amps is, Can a mono amp actually have 2 pos. and 2 neg. hook ups? I was under the assumpition they only had 1 of each.

bmxmike
03-11-2007, 03:57 PM
The 2 ohm is just the resistants the sub has its any where from 1 ohmsto 4 ohms. Does your sub have two postive and two negative terminals on it?
If it does and your wanting more power there is a way to wire your sub in parrell so that the amp sees a 1 ohm load and will make it bumb harder but this can blow your sub and also make it die faster. Also your amp has to be able do it. Have you set your gain? If you didnt this is why. And DONT use the gain as a volume. The gain is just so there so that your amp will send the proper amount of amps to your sub. There are many ways to do that like a multi-meter or ear test. I personally like the multi-meter cause then i wont blow my sub. How many rms is your sub and what is the rms on your amp?

frag_daddy_2007
03-11-2007, 03:58 PM
i have that same amp, its not that hard to do, give me the sub ohm rating and i will tell you how to wire it for the best set up

cntrylvr79
03-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Take the jumpers that came with the type r. Put one end of the red on in one of the red posts and the other end in the other red post. then do the same thing with the black jumper. Now put the + speaker wire in one red terminal and the - speaker wire in the black terminal. connect that to the box. Run the speaker wire from the box to the amp and pick a positive terminal and a negative terminal to hook the wire up to. That's all the sub is now wired at 2 ohms. If worse comes to worse, stop by the circuit city in brick, I'll be there from 11a-7p mon-wed.