PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Power Steering fluid

LantBoy
11-26-2002, 06:29 PM
About 3-4 weeks ago I got my 2 timing belts replaced in my car. Then about 2-3 days later I start leakin power steering fluid. I know its not any of the hoses cuz I checked them all and even replaced the shitty hose clamps Mitsubishi put on there. So I know its not that. It wont leak when I leave the car on and turn the wheels. Thats weird cuz thats when ur power steering has the most pressure on it. I think its leakin when im actually drivin around 2500 RPM and above. Should I just go ahead and get a new power steering pump? If so, where I could find one cheaper? The mechanic told me he could only get the part from Mitsubishi and it was like $280. Its pissin all under my hood from the headlight back to the firewall and beneath my hood. let me know.........

BlueESV6
11-26-2002, 08:58 PM
Hydraulics are definitely pressurized... I'd look to see if they "nicked" your line or something... seems like it's related to their belt job and the extra $280 bucks sounds mighty convenient! You may want to speak with someone above the mechanic and ask what up with that!

Best of luck with it... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

LantBoy
12-02-2002, 10:15 PM
Well I jacked the car up went under and had a friend turn the wheel at 2500 RPM and BINGO! I saw where she was pissin from. Nothing will be able to fix it but a new pump. Looks like one of the seals inside the pump broke. It should be coming in tomorrow and getting installed. For now I been takin it easy with her. I been drivin on a broken power steering pump for about 2 weeks now but just keep fillin it up with fluid. Shows you how much quality our 4g64's are huh?