PDA

View Full Version : Strut Tower Brace For 00 V-6 Galant

kat daddy
03-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Can anyone advise if OBX tower braces are of good quality (what other name brands are good quality and performance)? Can anyone advise also if chrome tower braces are best compared to ionized colored ones due to a posibility of the color fading over time due to the engine heat?
Holla :smt102

PS what other strut bars are out there besides freedom design and obx for 00 galant? is it true that mits eclispe parts (strut bars) fit 00 galants? if so does the v6 eclispe makes a diff in fit or not?

mindwerkz
03-12-2007, 11:34 PM
I hear the OBX are fine. I have my eyes on the one Carbing makes for the 3G eclipse spyder. Seems to be the top of the line.

BIGMONEYDAY
04-04-2007, 10:49 AM
I hear the OBX are fine. I have my eyes on the one Carbing makes for the 3G eclipse spyder. Seems to be the top of the line.

Can you post a link and some info on this bar? Seems like it's hard for us V6er's to find parts.

WarmAndSCSI
04-04-2007, 10:51 AM
The bar from the Eclipse GT/GTS is the one I recommend. Any other bar is either crappy in build or too expensive IMO.

I'll pull the part numbers for you from CAPS in a minute...

MR468848 - the bar
MR468851 - left bracket
MR468852 - right bracket
MS440513 - nuts (x4)

Order from https://www.mitsubishiparts.com/oe_parts_catalog.html for the lowest price and fast shipping.

You can also get the 4 nuts and washers (M8-1.25) from Home Depot or wherever.

devgrp
04-04-2007, 11:14 AM
Can anyone advise if OBX tower braces are of good quality (what other name brands are good quality and performance)? Can anyone advise also if chrome tower braces are best compared to ionized colored ones due to a posibility of the color fading over time due to the engine heat?
Holla :smt102

PS what other strut bars are out there besides freedom design and obx for 00 galant? is it true that mits eclispe parts (strut bars) fit 00 galants? if so does the v6 eclispe makes a diff in fit or not?Get the one for the Eclipse. I have it on my V6 with no problem. Also how dark is your tints?

chromed_out_galant
04-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Yea I gotta agree too. I got the Eclipse strut bar on my v6 and it's great. It aint as pretty as all those expensive ones, but it gets the job done.

galant305
04-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Yea I gotta agree too. I got the Eclipse strut bar on my v6 and it's great. It aint as pretty as all those expensive ones, but it gets the job done.
x2

SLS2000
04-04-2007, 09:36 PM
In my opinion

These are good
I4 DC bar = somewhat expensive
V6 3G bar mentioned above = inexpensive

AVERAGE
04-05-2007, 12:34 AM
Yea I gotta agree too. I got the Eclipse strut bar on my v6 and it's great. It aint as pretty as all those expensive ones, but it gets the job done.x3

BIGMONEYDAY
04-05-2007, 12:54 PM
I really just wanted something that "looked good" rather than for performance gains, primarily since my car has alot of miles on her and I don't drive her too hard anymore.(315K..yeah baby!!) I was thinking about a Freedom Design or OBX bar, but I guess I could get the stock 3G bar and have it powder coated or polished.

gtx
04-05-2007, 05:29 PM
I really just wanted something that "looked good" rather than for performance gains, primarily since my car has alot of miles on her and I don't drive her too hard anymore.(315K..yeah baby!!) I was thinking about a Freedom Design or OBX bar, but I guess I could get the stock 3G bar and have it powder coated or polished.

BMD, look into the DC strut bar, it actually clears the V6 too. Hijacker has it over at Club3G (http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80182&highlight=strut+bar). If I didn't have the 3G STB already, that's what I'd get: looks great and it's sturdy.