PDA

View Full Version : Loss of power? when still cold?

gcjflores
11-26-2002, 10:43 PM
Okay,
Here is the deal. When i start my car and try to go...it feels like after i push the pedal to go.....it gives the gas and then feels like a drain of power and the rpm lower a little and then up again if you push the pedal harder??? It is like almost drowning the engine feeling?? Could it be linked to my fuel filter...(one of my old cars had that trouble very badly through all times cold or warm) or could it be linked to my fuel pump? Well after it warms up there is no problem......or could it just be linked to it being cold?? But it just wasn't always like that?? Anyway does anyone know of a possible cure?

Gil

pinoyesv6
11-26-2002, 10:52 PM
i dunno about u but with most of the cars i've driven, they all act sluggish when they are cold and when they warm up they're fine. its kinda like u in the morning. ur all sluggish when u wake up but after a cup of cofee ur back 2 normal...

seth98esT
11-27-2002, 12:58 AM
my car does that too...i think most do. once she is warmed up she is good to go, but when she is cold, a tad on the sluggish side. i dont like to drive my car when shes cold so i usually warm her up or just drive slow till she is warm https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

IllestGalant
11-28-2002, 10:47 PM
How many miles are on it?

gcjflores
11-28-2002, 11:34 PM
Yea,
There is only like 71,000 miles on it...THat is all..

Gil

Dark Anghell
12-02-2002, 09:51 PM
Mine does the same thing even if i warm it up a little. I did notice that if I put my car into D or N and just chill for a minute, the car wors fine somethimes. If not first I get the loss of power for a second, and after it picks up, I can feel the car jerking a little for another minute.

Dark Anghell
12-03-2002, 10:29 PM
Ok I talked to a mechanic today and he said that it can be 2 things;
One: The car is cold, and that's the nature of a cold engine.
Two: TB is getting stuck, so it needs to be cleaned with like carburator cleaner.

bongi
12-05-2002, 09:38 PM
forget about the carburetor cleaner, you probably have an auto tranny right, it is normal to have sluggish acceleration when the engine is cold. and you have 70,000 miles? you need to change your tranny fluid and filter as recommended by mitsu, usually auto tranny fluids are changed every 40,000 miles, i usually extend it to 50 or 60,000 miles.

gcjflores
12-06-2002, 10:58 PM
Yea,
I am going to do that hopefully soon...the tranny fluid and filter...Hopefully that will help a little and i know it will help with gear shifts.....thanks

gil