PDA

View Full Version : New A/c controls!!!?

mbssbm
11-27-2002, 12:03 PM
OK I was driving my mom's pathfinder today and wham it hit me. I was looking at her air controls that are all digital, no knobs just buttons with an LED. The came to me about putting a control unit like that. I'm not to worried about the physical installation, cuz it looks pretty darn close to the same size, and i can make any modifications needed. Correct me if i'm wrong b/c i know some of you guys can do anything with electronics, i have some experience at it, wouldn't it be pretty easy to install on our car as far as wiring goes? Same controls and all. The only thing i could think about being a problem and this is where i need the real help is, do electronic controls needs computer besides whats already built in????

Reelax
11-27-2002, 12:49 PM
the controls are dials because they are connected to cables... our climate controls are not electronic. to convert to a push-button system you would have to do alot of motorization or convert the actual system to electronic control upstream of the switch panel u are planning to install.

Coldshot
11-30-2002, 07:00 AM
doesnt the diamante have the electronic controls? if so i dont think it would be that hard to convert it. ive been thinking about this as well

manybrews
11-30-2002, 09:39 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Coldshot)</div><div class='quotemain'>doesnt the diamante have the electronic controls? Â*if so i dont think it would be that hard to convert it. Â*ive been thinking about this as well</div>they are indeed electronic, and it would be INCREDIBLY hard to change it.
the 2 climate control setups are 100 percent different.

do NOT waste time nor money on something like that. it will definatly not be worth it.

Ghost Beat
11-30-2002, 02:38 PM
ya id take that money and put ot aside for somethign else for somethign that little the price it would cost you would not be funny there's a lot else you could do with that money besides guages