PDA

View Full Version : Remote trunk release wiring

marineed07
03-17-2007, 01:03 AM
Hi everyone...ive just purchased an 02 galant with a KARR system installed. ive done searches and recovered the wiring diagrams for both alarm and car. Only thing however is i cant figure where the white wire in the trunk for remote release in the vehicle is...it says behind trunk light...are they reffering to the the trunk light that illuminates the trunk? or the light that illuminates the rear license plate. the dealer is asking 150 to run the wire when i can do it myself. thanks for any information.

marineed07
03-17-2007, 04:38 PM
no one with any experience in this? kinda like to do it this weekend.....had the car for 3 weeks and it sucks having to manually open the trunk all the time....dealer pissing me off saying they need to install a new module when the wire to run to the relay is in plain site....considering imma have to re do the brain hiding since it wasnt even tied down to anything....

cntrylvr79
03-17-2007, 04:50 PM
You're looking for the wrong wire. The white wire is the trunk pin, which tells the car/alarm that the runk has been opened. You need this wire.

Trunk/Hatch Release green/white + driver kick, harness to rear

marineed07
03-18-2007, 01:54 AM
ok thanks cntry ill try tapping into it and let you know how it goes...i hate crappy installs especially when theyre an extra 200 bucks