PDA

View Full Version : Oil around the sparkplug connectors on V6

Rastus
03-18-2007, 08:15 PM
On the V6, does anybody get oil around the sparkplug boots. I'm always cleaning them because they are always covered with oil. I replaced the PCV valve, thinking the crankcase might be pressurizing, but it still happens. Mine is a 2001.

mindwerkz
03-18-2007, 08:25 PM
I had that issue, but I also had gaskets that were crumbling like sandstone. I started getting misfire when the oil found its way to the plugs themselves.

seth98esT
03-18-2007, 08:31 PM
Change the gaskets around the plug openings. Remove the valve cover and you will see them. The oil will tear away at the rubber boot and eventually cause the wire to fail.

Rastus
03-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Change the gaskets around the plug openings. Remove the valve cover and you will see them. The oil will tear away at the rubber boot and eventually cause the wire to fail.Thanks Seth, That's what I needed to know.

Rastus
03-19-2007, 11:14 AM
I guess if it's leaking on the front bank, it's doing it on the back too. Crap! :evil:

WhiteGTZ01
03-19-2007, 02:12 PM
I guess if it's leaking on the front bank, it's doing it on the back too. Crap! :evil:

not necessarly, but you should change the back ones anywase just in case and so you dont have to do it later in time cuz its a long messy job.i did mine last month