PDA

View Full Version : Problems with wiring maybe?

Cheekz185
03-20-2007, 12:06 AM
Well i have a carPC in my 8G. I have had it for a while. I am also using my HU and it is as of now located where the ashtray is. For a while now i noticed that when I sometimes start my car, my HU has totally reset itself. Like if u disconnected the battery it goes back to factory. Time is reset, audio settings are reset and stored AM/FM channels are lost. Also, if my car is running SOMETIMES if i go to open the door i hear like a loud pop coming out of the speakers and the radio "loses power" and like power cycles of then on.

Sometimes i notice my odometer resets the miles back to 0 (not ODO, trip a and b). And finally very rarely, if i am driving i sometimes hear the pop and the radio shuts off and comes back on (but doesn't loose stored settings). This is extremely weird and I have no clue what the problem could be.

But for the past week or 2 everything has been fine, but soon i am sure it will start acting up again!

Any comments are very much appreciated.

Proud Galant Driver
03-20-2007, 12:13 AM
Sounds like a wiring problem to me. Perhaps a wire is touching metal when you open the door and that is causing the loud pop?