PDA

View Full Version : just keep on having problems

kolio
03-23-2007, 11:37 AM
the new clutch and flywheel have 500 miles on them

the new clutch fluid it got at the install looks like ass now

i keep fouling plugs, i bought new ngk plugs 1 week ago and they look like ass. i keep going through spark plugs.

the car still feels like a 1 liter engine.

my stock exhaust sounds funny. no holes or anything just it alternates tones. one pipe puts out cool air the other hot

i have no idea what is wrong with the car! :smt100

bronxbombr
03-23-2007, 11:40 AM
the new clutch and flywheel have 500 miles on them

the new clutch fluid it got at the install looks like ass now

i keep fouling plugs, i bought new ngk plugs 1 week ago and they look like ass. i keep going through spark plugs.

the car still feels like a 1 liter engine.

my stock exhaust sounds funny. no holes or anything just it alternates tones. one pipe puts out cool air the other hot

i have no idea what is wrong with the car! :smt100

after doing the 5spd swap the exhaust tones are gonna sound different.
I'd check my timing and what not on the fouling of the plugs. Maybe running to rich or something.

kolio
03-23-2007, 11:44 AM
my car came 5spd from factory

seth98esT
03-23-2007, 12:09 PM
The clutch fluid will turn brown if air gets to it. Sure you dont have any leaks anywhere with the stock line?

And all 4 plugs are fouling? Pics of the plugs? What do they look like?

kolio
03-23-2007, 09:50 PM
The clutch fluid will turn brown if air gets to it. Sure you dont have any leaks anywhere with the stock line?

And all 4 plugs are fouling? Pics of the plugs? What do they look like?

i have a ss line now. doesn't seem to have any leaks. i replaced everything but the master cylinder.

as for the plugs this is my 3rd set within a year. they look worse than my jeeps 4 year old plugs.

MY NEW PLUGS 1 WEEK OLD!

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m101/kolio2002/1-2.jpg

my old plugs
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m101/kolio2002/3-2.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m101/kolio2002/5-1.jpg

phizz2k
03-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Hmm I think I am getting a little bit of this problem as well .. What would be the effects of damaged spark plugs? Iam getting a studder when I try to cruise at 70-85?

kolio
03-23-2007, 10:50 PM
when i first put the new plugs in my idle stabalized, now it sucks again

Proto
03-23-2007, 11:11 PM
Dont use Bosch at all, they are shit! I used the Bosch in my 96, didn't run that great. With the GS I ran NGK, ran perfect. Run NGK only.

Far as the clutch fluid goes, it will turn colors a little bit from where the stock lines arent completely flushed when you just "drain" them. Same thing both clutches in the GS.

The exhaust tones changes a little with the aluminum flywheel, once you install the system off the GS you will be ok. Also I'll prewarn you.. if you feel or see any vibrations in the steering wheel at idle more than normal rip the timing cover off and make sure the BS belt didn't snap. Mine (the original BS belt) snapped after the lightweight flywheel but luckly I didn't skip timing.

kolio
03-23-2007, 11:24 PM
i fear i have snapped the balnance shaft belt, i feel mean ass vibration. either that or my one tire is unbalance from when the brake opened up on me.

Proto
03-24-2007, 01:22 AM
i fear i have snapped the balnance shaft belt, i feel mean ass vibration. either that or my one tire is unbalance from when the brake opened up on me.

im talking at idle.

SpicyGalant
03-24-2007, 09:38 AM
i hate those plugs... especially the four prong ones -- and bosch! omg -use ngk.. leave bosch for the germans

manybrews
03-24-2007, 10:34 AM
your problem is the shitty bosche plugs.

use NGK and NGK only.

frag_daddy_2007
03-24-2007, 12:20 PM
i have to agree^^
mine ran like crap on the bosche plugs
i replaced them with NGK Irirdium IX plugs
a little expensive but they are awesome

Cheekz185
03-24-2007, 12:26 PM
i have to agree^^
mine ran like crap on the bosche plugs
i replaced them with NGK Irirdium IX plugs
a little expensive but they are awesome

x2

Proto
03-24-2007, 12:37 PM
Basic NGK or NGK V-Power Plugs will do just fine. About $9 for all 4.

kolio
03-24-2007, 01:31 PM
ya but it fouled my brand new 1 week old ngk's. i got pissed with bosche and thought they sucked balls so i got ngk's but it keeps messing them up!

bmxmike
03-24-2007, 02:22 PM
www.nightrider.com/biketech/spkplghnbook.htm

There is a site that has some info on how to tell the wear of your spark plugs. I used it on mine and fixed problem and havent had any problems since.

frag_daddy_2007
03-24-2007, 03:49 PM
I think my Iriduim IX plugs were $22 for the set...

Proto
03-24-2007, 06:39 PM
I think my Iriduim IX plugs were $22 for the set...

You just spent alot of extra money that wasn't needed. Basic or V-Power work just fine.

ya but it fouled my brand new 1 week old ngk's. i got pissed with bosche and thought they sucked balls so i got ngk's but it keeps messing them up!

Unless you start misfiring then I wouldn't sweat it. I always changed my plugs twice a year with all of my cars since its inexpensive and easy to access.

frag_daddy_2007
03-24-2007, 11:42 PM
yeah, it was extra money
i was going for the cheaper ones but orielly's was out of stock.
oh well, it was only 11 more...

seth98esT
03-25-2007, 12:02 AM
Replace/rebuild your master cylinder. The seals may be worn and leaking air into the line. When brake fluid comes in contact with air, it can absorb water vapors from the air and will be unable to absorb the moisture in the system, also turns the fluid a dark color.

As for the plugs, get rid of those 4-prong plugs, just run NGKs like everyone else said, only $6 a set or so.

Only way to tell if you snapped a BS belt is to remove the timing cover. Might be able to remove the top timing cover and see if the belt has any tears or signs of extreme wear. Would have to remove the lower timing cover to see if the BS belt snapped or not.

It could be a number of things, those plugs look ok, the first plug you posted looks pretty lean though.

kolio
03-25-2007, 02:45 PM
the first pic is of my 1 week old NGK's. i thinl i might replace the master cylinder now tho

RedGalant2k1
03-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Hmm I think I am getting a little bit of this problem as well .. What would be the effects of damaged spark plugs? Iam getting a studder when I try to cruise at 70-85?

Misfire, poor acceleration, bad gas mileage, hard start, just to name a few.

mitsueclipse2019
03-25-2007, 08:50 PM

Misfire, poor acceleration, bad gas mileage, hard start, just to name a few.
that sounds like my problem alright