PDA

View Full Version : help with wiring 7g

xtace215
03-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Hey im a little new to this page. I need some help with my wiring of my glow gauges and my M3 LED mirrors for my 7g. I know how to install the mirrors but i need the correct wiring. Dont want to mess anything up and be outside all damn day. I already have the glow gauges over the oem's but im looking for the right way to wire
Thanks

Blue Ice
03-25-2007, 02:59 AM
Use the power from your radio, there should be an illumination (switched +12volt) you can use so they aren't always on.

pinoyesv6
03-25-2007, 07:23 AM
which wires are you looking for? the ones for the led's in the mirrors or for the glass itself?

if its for the glass, do u have power mirrors? if so then it easy. the mirrors have 3 wires. one should be up/down, left/right, and ground. find out which wires are what. all of the m3 mirrors i bought never said so thats the first thing i'd do.

with that said, the car's wiring harness should be the same. find out which does what. if you have manual windows then you'll need to supply power to those wires and a switch.

as for the led's in the mirrors, if you want them to just just turn on with the parking lights, connect them to the parking lights or to the interior light's illumination. if you want them to blink, you'll need to hook them up to the turn signals.

Blue Ice
03-25-2007, 10:27 AM
Read this, it talks about the wiring from the harness, maybe this will help.
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=49796