PDA

View Full Version : Bad sound

kodys00galant
03-24-2007, 08:59 PM
I recentley bought a new cd player and sub. The cd player is pioneer 7800-mp with 5 volt preouts. The subwoofer is a JL Audio 12W6v2-D4 in a JL powerwedge box powered by an Alpine MRD-M500 mono block amp rated at 500rms. The sound is horrible. Basically the old CD player (pioneer 7600) and sub (JL 12W3v2-D-4) sounded a lot better. Am i missing something. I have to turn the gain half way down on the amp to even get a decent sound out of the sub otherwise the sub sounds distorted. I am running the amp and sub at 2 ohms.

Serstylz2
03-25-2007, 12:36 AM
easiest way to get bad sound is by connecting positive to negative accidentally at the box terminals, make sure u havent done that... other than that idk, maybe mess w. the settings on your headunit so the bass is down and use any bass knobs to adjust instead of the h/u settings..

Jeffylou87
03-26-2007, 09:18 AM
If you have a wired remote for the amp then unplug it... That heppened to me when I hade a remote in my other car... I unplugged it and it sounded much better and louder... Or it could be that you have the - and + switched on one of the subs or on the amp....

2ply
03-26-2007, 09:11 PM
did you wire the sub into the box yourself? the reason i ask is that, this is a dvc(dual voil coil)sub. you need to make sure its wired properly and if it is in parrelel the amp is actually seeing slightly less than 2ohms as the series resistance is 6.75. im not familiar with the box, is it sealed, ported, or bandpass?volume?