PDA

View Full Version : Supercharged 8g Decked out = MONEY

Da_silvagride
04-01-2007, 12:37 PM
I found this sick 8g on car domain

The interior is sick. as well as the wide body look.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2609455

Exterior

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/2609000-2609999/2609455_2_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/2609000-2609999/2609455_1_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/2609000-2609999/2609455_4_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/2609000-2609999/2609455_5.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/2609000-2609999/2609455_16_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/2609000-2609999/2609455_17_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/2609000-2609999/2609455_8.jpg

Interior

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/2609000-2609999/2609455_11.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/2609000-2609999/2609455_13.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/2609000-2609999/2609455_12.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/2609000-2609999/2609455_10.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/2609000-2609999/2609455_15.jpg

Sound

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/2609000-2609999/2609455_19_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/2609000-2609999/2609455_22_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/2609000-2609999/2609455_20.jpg

[/url]

WarmAndSCSI
04-01-2007, 12:42 PM
That car has probably never even been on a track... I hate it when people waste money on "go-fast" mods just for show.

6 PSI of boost and a 150 shot without forged internals? No thanks.

Serstylz2
04-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Clean.. he shoulda went JDM on the tails instead of Accord tails but still done up correctly

mattalicslvr8g02
04-01-2007, 01:17 PM
Clean.. he shoulda went JDM on the tails instead of Accord tails but still done up correctly

Exterior Modifications
-Custom Paint Job (Maserati Blue)
-Shaved Door Handles
-Shaved Body Moldings
-Erebuni Front Bumper (molded)
-Erebuni Rear Bumper (molded)
-Erebuni Side Skirts (molded)
-Roof Scoop (molded)
-Wide Body Fender Flares (molded)
-Lexus IS 300 Taillight Conversion
-JDM Headlight 2 Piece Conversion
-35% Window Tint
-JSP Carbon Fiber Wing
-APR Carbon Fiber Mirrors
-APR Carbon Fiber Canards
-Carbon Creations Carbon Fiber Splitter w/ Rods
-Carbon Creations Carbon Fiber Monster Hood
-Modern Image Graphics

but for a show car that is amazing espically a galant

Serstylz2
04-01-2007, 01:25 PM
that makes it a lil better, unnecessary tho

Da_silvagride
04-01-2007, 01:27 PM

:shock: :D Very good to know. I think he might blow his block sooner or later!

Mante
04-01-2007, 01:28 PM

Funny thing is I actually like it.. hate thats its a honda part but in terms of not doing the jdm thing thats been done by 90% of the members here its definately original. Reminds me of the guy that put the GS brake lights on the galant some years back..

Serstylz2
04-01-2007, 01:29 PM

Funny thing is I actually like it.. hate thats its a honda part but in terms of not doing the jdm thing thats been done by 90% of the members here its definately original. Reminds me of the guy that put the GS brake lights on the galant some years back..

Welp we both stand corrected, its a Lexus part so... much more expensive for a replacement if something happens :P

seth98esT
04-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Its obviously a slow car .... I mean show car. I doubt half of those parts work haha.

Serstylz2
04-01-2007, 01:33 PM
I should ask how he fixed his glove box rattle :lol:

G-spot
04-01-2007, 03:05 PM
You guys know he's a TGC member (and Texas Chapter), the name is Chris, lives in North Carolina (used to chill in Dallas, TX), and had an old account dates back in 2002. I think his sig name is NC_Galant or something

Alexey
04-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Seen this car on here sometimes before. Very nicely done, I approve :D

furiousgtz
04-01-2007, 03:33 PM
I hate the spoiler...

pvu_rida
04-01-2007, 03:35 PM
hell... i'll drive it.... but gotta lose the spoiler

fuel
04-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Very 'fast and the furious' look to it.

What is the point of all those guages? Surely boost pressure, oil pressure and water temp is all you need?

WarmAndSCSI
04-01-2007, 05:13 PM
What is the point of all those guages? Surely boost pressure, oil pressure and water temp is all you need?

Well, even though this guy probably never even races that car, the gauges you should consider when running boost:

- wideband A/F (required unless you want to blow up your engine on a bad tune)
- boost pressure
- exhaust gas temperature
- oil pressure
- fuel pressure

Phil
04-01-2007, 05:19 PM
I would rock that car anyday of the week.

ricky_db
04-01-2007, 05:53 PM
I would rock that car anyday of the week.
X2

IceDouTGaLanT
04-01-2007, 06:27 PM
dont like the wing or the vynal job, wish he had some back seat shots...

9G
04-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Looks Good!

SkylineG1
04-01-2007, 07:04 PM
I'd drive that bitch all day, every day. I'd just get rid of the roll cage though. 8)

fatal1
04-01-2007, 07:20 PM
i like it too cleanly done and a lot of custom work

alexvr
04-01-2007, 08:30 PM
tht is sexy, the back is a no no but the wrk overall looks great

skyhigh90210
04-01-2007, 09:33 PM
That guy is at most car shows in NC that I go to.

NiTrOuSoXiDe
04-02-2007, 12:56 AM
Sorry but those tails were a huge mistake...

Aside from that and the spoiler, not too bad...

Reelax
04-02-2007, 04:42 AM
can u guys please stop hating? i like it. nice color and tastefully done for an obvious show car. some of the members caught it at HIN last year and said it looked great. some of the mods i would not have done because they are not my style but u guys should gives props where props are due. his brakes cost more than 90% of your guys wheels and his body work cost more than most of your cars. the tail conversion is original and way better done than most of the tail conversions i've seen. it's a nice package w/ very nice touches even if most of them are show pieces or not set up for true performance. i respect how much work, money and thought went into that ride.

SpicyGalant
04-02-2007, 08:14 AM
wow such different opinions.. i love it - its different :)

Danger DANJ
04-02-2007, 09:53 AM
I think it's a dope ride! I don't think the IS 300 tail conversion is original at all. I've seen those tails used in conversions on many cars at car shows. Should have used something else. Besides that and the stickers, and possibly even the roof scoop if it's not functional, I would rock it hard! Oh yeah, the spoiler/wing has to go too. I'm loving the molded fender flares and how they flow with the kit.

Kwikfox
04-02-2007, 09:55 AM
IMO, if it lost all the stickers, and changed the interior it would be alright. The paint is alright, and the body kit, is well... the only one you can get for that G. Not a very original job IMO... looks like a generic, overly done car.

XxGiRLaNT06xX
04-02-2007, 11:36 AM
I think its hot. To each his own. Alot of hard work

Pana_Rican_Lova
04-02-2007, 12:27 PM
can u guys please stop hating? i like it. nice color and tastefully done for an obvious show car. some of the members caught it at HIN last year and said it looked great. some of the mods i would not have done because they are not my style but u guys should gives props where props are due. his breaks cost more than 90% of your guys wheels and his body work cost more than most of your cars. the tail conversion is original and way better done than most of the tail conversions i've seen. it's a nice package w/ very nice touches even if most of them are show pieces or not set up for true performance. i respect how much work, money and thought went into that ride.

Exactly...tha ride is sick. and tha majority of tha people hatin' on it would take that car over thier own if given tha opportunity. Awesome job!

WarmAndSCSI
04-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Sorry, but I think you are wrong. There was probably no hard work put into that car... just a lot of money (that may or may not have been hard-earned). The guy who owns it probably wouldn't dream of doing any of those modifications himself.

I would take my car over that piece of ricey shit (vinyls, stickers, roof scoop, park bench spoiler) because I actually put some hard work into my car. EVERY single performance mod on my car has been done by myself (supercharger install, engine rebuild, supporting fuel system mods, electronics). I take a lot more pride in my car than most show-car owners can because I did every single mod myself.

qnz
04-02-2007, 01:33 PM
its a generic Fast and Furious style show car. nothing special here. just tons of money and zero creativity and zero functionality. any of us would bash IS taillights on a civic, so why isnt this the same? granted its very clean, and everything flows well, but its still pretty ricey. different size rims on the front and back? huge fender flares to hide the wheel gap? generic racing wing. nos and a supercharger with no intercooler? dual exhaust?

6G72gearhead
04-02-2007, 01:42 PM
I really dont like the cage in a show car, if the car has a cage in it, it needs to be on the track.

G-spot
04-02-2007, 01:45 PM
So much hate guys. If some of you hate it so much, why don't you shell out your life savings and mod it beyond your recognition. :lol:

BTW he beat out Jscout247, Da-Gal, AND 02on19s at HIN Dallas (ok, so show car vs daily driver wasn't quite the match :roll: )

WarmAndSCSI
04-02-2007, 01:48 PM
So much hate guys. If some of you hate it so much, why don't you shell out your life savings and mod it beyond your recognition. :lol:

I spent all of my money on my engine already... and $0 for labor since it was all done by myself

BTW he beat out Jscout247, Da-Gal, AND 02on19s at HIN Dallas (ok, so show car vs daily driver wasn't quite the match :roll: )
And I could beat him any day on any track. His car is completely for show, my car is completely for go - his car is the definition of RICE.

alexvr
04-02-2007, 02:43 PM
thats great the u did do r own wrk not that many people do but the majority pay for there wrk n for all u guys know he might have done that himself...the fender flares look really good on the car not too big or too small and it makes it look wider not lower and he probly went with those sze wheels because of the fenders...i think its really stupid to have a show car that hauls ass becuaase u wouldnt want to fuck anything up....yea it has rice parts on it so it might make it rice but it has the same kit as everyone here n the same hood as the favoored cars in this site and there are evos that have roll cages but never go on the track n besides that its just black with racing seats in the inside....everyone has differreny opinions tho , i personally wouldnt want to boost to much because i wouldnt want to blo anything

6G72Galant
04-02-2007, 02:45 PM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/2609000-2609999/2609455_1_full.jpg

THIS IS WHY HE'S HOTT!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid210/p934fd566eeabee23f3f326945080a997/edde55eb.jpg

...this is why im not... :oops:

lonestar22
04-02-2007, 03:43 PM
its a show car, its supposed to be flashy. cheap parts that are meant to be flashy on a daily driver that beg attention from others and create hazards on the road are what is rice. you would think people would be proud that the galant is getting some attention in the show car circuit.

WarmAndSCSI
04-02-2007, 05:19 PM
thats great the u did do r own wrk not that many people do but the majority pay for there wrk n for all u guys know he might have done that himself...the fender flares look really good on the car not too big or too small and it makes it look wider not lower and he probly went with those sze wheels because of the fenders...i think its really stupid to have a show car that hauls ass becuaase u wouldnt want to fuck anything up....yea it has rice parts on it so it might make it rice but it has the same kit as everyone here n the same hood as the favoored cars in this site and there are evos that have roll cages but never go on the track n besides that its just black with racing seats in the inside....everyone has differreny opinions tho , i personally wouldnt want to boost to much because i wouldnt want to blo anything

Can you please use a spell checker before you post?

The car is a show car, yes; but that doesn't excuse him to run a stupid setup like 6 PSI of boost combined with a 150 shot of nitrous. It's just retarded to claim that that combination even works without forged pistons. A complete waste of money is more I like it... the "judges" at those car shows probably wouldn't know the difference between a nitrous solenoid and a fuel injector, yet alone to be impressed by a 150 shot of nitrous when the guy should be running maybe a 75 shot.

There is nothing unique about this Galant other than the fact that its owner blew a load of cash on more non-functional accessories than any other Galant owner has. Granted, the body work and paint are nice and all, but most of the items sticking out from various body panels on that car belong on a Honda.

lonestar22
04-02-2007, 05:25 PM
what is that computer looking thing next to the fusebox?

SLS2000
04-02-2007, 05:31 PM

THIS IS WHY HE'S HOTT!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid210/p934fd566eeabee23f3f326945080a997/edde55eb.jpg

...this is why im not... :oops:

lmao!
hahahahaaha

Nice Ride, some things are over the top for my taste but the overall package is very right.

Reelax
04-02-2007, 05:48 PM

Can you please use a spell checker before you post?

The car is a show car, yes; but that doesn't excuse him to run a stupid setup like 6 PSI of boost combined with a 150 shot of nitrous. It's just retarded to claim that that combination even works without forged pistons. A complete waste of money is more I like it... the "judges" at those car shows probably wouldn't know the difference between a nitrous solenoid and a fuel injector, yet alone to be impressed by a 150 shot of nitrous when the guy should be running maybe a 75 shot.

There is nothing unique about this Galant other than the fact that its owner blew a load of cash on more non-functional accessories than any other Galant owner has. Granted, the body work and paint are nice and all, but most of the items sticking out from various body panels on that car belong on a Honda.

sounds like you are equating your tastes to the standard at which we all should mod... and that you have a serious case of wallet envy. THIS IS A SHOW CAR; as far as i know it is a trailored one at that. you are saying that his car is rice because he spent alot of money on mods that don't make the car fast or work properly together? isn't it his money (and his trophies)? he is trying to win shows, NOT races. if he spent the same amount of money purely on go fast mods that he spent on appearance, his car would walk yours, even with a blind monkey driving. just by quickly looking at the car i can conservatively estimate $15,000+ in mods... you seem to be mad that he had the financial freedom to do it, which also tells me you don't. also just because a tuner doesn't do the work themselves personally, and pays someone else to do it, does that make their car rice? some people's time is simply worth more than others. taking offense to somebody being able to do something that you can't is envy, and is very ugly. haters spend too much effort hating... i bet you he's never even heard of you or your car.

WarmAndSCSI
04-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Believe you me I would have more than $15,000 in my car if I would have paid somebody to install everything I have and tune it. I've taken a break from work to go to school; I should be making at least $70,000 in 6 months (not to mention that I'm only 19), a large chunk of which will be put into my car. Wallet envy my ass! I just don't think it looks very good and most of his "visual" mods have no place on a Galant.

Most of his "visual" mods fall under the category of what most of us here consider rice (taillights that don't belong on the car, ROOF scoops, parkbench spoilers, front carnards, tiny-ass side mirrors).

S-Line
04-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Believe you me I would have more than $15,000 in my car if I would have paid somebody to install everything I have and tune it. I've taken a break from work to go to school; I should be making at least $70,000 in 6 months (not to mention that I'm only 19), a large chunk of which will be put into my car. Wallet envy my ass! I just don't think it looks very good and most of his "visual" mods have no place on a Galant.

Most of his "visual" mods fall under the category of what most of us here consider rice (taillights that don't belong on the car, ROOF scoops, parkbench spoilers, front carnards, tiny-ass side mirrors).

You can't be serious. Have you been to car shows b4? What he has done is not abnormal at all if its a pure show car. Its all about going over the top and doing what others don't usually do if you want points to win. I give the man props. Its not my style but I acknowledge his work, if he did all the work himself or not.

WarmAndSCSI
04-02-2007, 06:11 PM
If you're talking about import rice shows, then, yes, that is true.

edit: and props to him for being able to blow an assload of money on a car that doesn't seem to conform to any body's "style."

edit2: And another point: you know that thread about the 2008 Lancer with the parkbench? That's the same shit that this car has going on, only this car has even more visual "bolt-ons." Why is it that I would be completely normal to insult the moron who owns that Lancer, but it's taboo to attack this owner's car? It's the same damn shitty spoiler. Why is this guy exempt from being made fun of?

I'm not making fun of his nice gauge setup, his interior, his paintjob, his brakes, or his wheels. No, I'm making fun of the ricey shit that ruins it all.

Reelax
04-02-2007, 08:51 PM

you still don't get it. this is a SHOW CAR. it wins trophies. it is not a daily driver or a race car. have you ever won a show? have you ever judged a show? so what makes you qualified to to make this statement? "...most of his "visual" mods have no place on a Galant." you are underqualified it seems and so your opinion can be discounted and discarded.

$15,000 was a conservative figure. double that and it'd probably still be in the ballpark. as for you trying to impress me that you will be making 70K at 19, good for you... but you are trying to impress the wrong person; i made more than that each year while i was retired (retired at 29). point is the money spent on his car is not yours. you are hating on him because he "blew" HIS money on HIS mods to HIS car... it's not like he spent any of your money. that tells me u wish you had that kind of money to "blow" on yours (of course you wouldn't be "blowing" it because you would mod it "correctly", right?), otherwise you would not have a care about how he spent his. so you can feel better about yourself that you would have spent more than $15,000 on modding your car if you were to pay someone to do it, but saved so much by doing your own work? reality check... you had no choice but to do your own work. btw, you are simply assuming that he did not do his own work, and that he paid, what's the difference if he did or not? don't hate on him (if your assumption is correct) because he could afford to pay someone like you to do it for him.

if you are really interested in making money, you would learn not to hate on those with money (as they write your checks).

2kgalant
04-02-2007, 08:55 PM
I think the guy's car is sick....its nice to see galants getting some recognition. Here in hawaii, galants haven't become something yet. That is why ive spent so much money on my car....i don't care if it is slow as shit! Uniqueness is nice....so many people always ask me, "what kind of car is that?" I just tell them,"what do you think it is?" and just laugh at them :) But yeah anyways, i give that guy mad props....his rims are SICK!!! Ive always wanted those!

01galant01
04-02-2007, 08:57 PM
i think da G looks sharp, all it needs is a tranny swap, but i'd take it lik dat if i had da chance

WarmAndSCSI
04-02-2007, 10:39 PM

you still don't get it. this is a SHOW CAR. it wins trophies. it is not a daily driver or a race car. have you ever won a show? have you ever judged a show? so what makes you qualified to to make this statement? "...most of his "visual" mods have no place on a Galant." you are underqualified it seems and so your opinion can be discounted and discarded.

$15,000 was a conservative figure. double that and it'd probably still be in the ballpark. as for you trying to impress me that you will be making 70K at 19, good for you... but you are trying to impress the wrong person; i made more than that each year while i was retired (retired at 29). point is the money spent on his car is not yours. you are hating on him because he "blew" HIS money on HIS mods to HIS car... it's not like he spent any of your money. that tells me u wish you had that kind of money to "blow" on yours (of course you wouldn't be "blowing" it because you would mod it "correctly", right?), otherwise you would not have a care about how he spent his. so you can feel better about yourself that you would have spent more than $15,000 on modding your car if you were to pay someone to do it, but saved so much by doing your own work? reality check... you had no choice but to do your own work. btw, you are simply assuming that he did not do his own work, and that he paid, what's the difference if he did or not? don't hate on him (if your assumption is correct) because he could afford to pay someone like you to do it for him.

if you are really interested in making money, you would learn not to hate on those with money (as they write your checks).

You are really fucking bitter. All I'm saying is that I don't like some of his mods because they detract from the rest of his "look." Nothing more.

And I still hold my opinion that it was dumb of him to taut a 150 shot nitrous system when you know damn well a stock 4G64 can't handle that with 6 PSI on top... I was simply noting that HE was trying to be a show-off rather than just saying he has a plain 'ol NOS system because that's all the judges can see any way. That kind of exaggeration is typical of "ricers," and isn't even relevant on a show car. Maybe he does have forged pistons... it would seem like an obvious thing to put on his detailed performance list, though.

It just pisses me off that people would instantly say that the he put a lot of work into the car. Having a nice show car is no different than me going out and buying a brand new Corvette C6 Z06. It impresses everybody sure, but that doesn't mean it took a lot of hard work to get it. It's just that a lot of people I have noticed with REALLY nice cars (like this one) do not have anything to do with its buildup (they may not be at all familiar with the components, for example). That's how I assumed for his car, but go ahead and prove me wrong. I still think that if it were true that he did not put much actual effort into the car (besides dropping a lot of dough on it) and that he chose to put a typical ricer parkbench on the back along with a roof scoop, that the car, although sharp looking overall, is really not that impressive.

edit: And by the way, maybe you should have tried less to entice an argument to begin with. Several comments were made on how the car doesn't fancy some peoples' tastes. Fine; everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion. You really don't have any place to sit on a high horse and say that "his breaks (sic) cost more than 90% of your guys wheels and his body work cost more than most of your cars" and expect me not to get pissed. There is no way in hell that the body work on his Galant costs more than a good condition Galant. Because, remember, body work strictly means fitment, welding, and body aligment; it has nothing to do with paint. If you are going to make asinine comments that try to make me feel as though my Galant isn't worth anything when compared to a mediocre (and it is mediocre as far as show cars go) show car, please don't expect me not to argue.

edit2: And don't say I only insulted the guy. I was defending his gauge setup until you showed up.

Kenneth G
04-02-2007, 10:41 PM
damn. now thats a nice lookin G.

G-spot
04-02-2007, 11:18 PM
WarmAndSCSI, in a performance view you are right 100% but remember it is a show car and Chris (the owner) does drive something else as a daily beater. If someone installed a super/turbo charger on my G I would run the way it was meant to be run, not sitting in the garage till the next auto show. But that's not what Chris had in mind when he built his ride. I've talked to him at HIN Dallas and his response was just like most of us here: to get the Galant name out in the open. Has his product sold well? It certainly has and so were the 50+ other SHOW CARS present that evening. Was I impressed? The presentation alone was enough to get the attention. And would I yank his car keys and drive it around Downtown Dallas? Probably not because it's HIS CAR. We could all rant about this all day long but the bottom line is that it's his car, his vision and his conquest to take home the gold (no offense). I mean, it's not like he started modding last year or anything.

And that leads to another dillema......

You see, he and his dad (BTW his papi does this for a hobby) are the ones modding the G. He may hire a hand there or two but "most" of the mods were done by the duo. He and his dad goes state to state on a trailer (I'm not kidding) competing shows and promote their sponsors (those decals are real $$$) and is making quite a stir. Sure, he may not post on this board (much) but he does browse from time to time (where do you think those jdm heads came from?). And pretty sure he is laughing his head off when he reads this thread.

I've seen cars geared up for both performance and show but not on a Galant (yet). Please, don't segregate the two..... :?

WarmAndSCSI
04-02-2007, 11:25 PM
That's great, really :). However, it does not mean I have to like how the car looks.

Yes, I was wrong in assuming that he even cares that his performance setup is "wrong." The car is unique; I never said it wasn't. I just don't like some of the things that make it unique :lol:.

My point is that I can "hate" all I want on any body's car. There's no reason for me to retract my own opinions because somebody else is antsy about what I think. This is doubly true because the guy himself didn't start this thread; I don't feel I'm insulting him more than I am just commenting on his car. Trust me, you could insult my car all day saying I haven't done enough visual mods; it really wouldn't bother me.

G-spot
04-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Yeah, that's true the car show scene itself has indeed grew up to be another expensive "art museum" for vehicles.

BTW what do you think of this pic?
http://membres.lycos.fr/dragbebe/jbrowser/Paul_Dillett/Paul_Dillett_0002.jpg
I mean he's doing exactly what we're talking about bulking up on expensive stuff and time for what? This? If I've spent the time on a work regiment I would love to spend my achievent out in the open but folks like him ^ would rather spend it by having photos taken by the media. What a waste? On picture it would last many years but physically he/she will never realize the full potential of their human mechanism out in the real world (except for the select few 8) ).

EDIT: I would prefer the "dog show" version but this one was funnier :lol:

It's their taste and game.

alexvr
04-02-2007, 11:38 PM
warm: srry i dont waste my time typing perfect for a stupid topic....

everyome has different taste, he might like that wing but u dont and its his car so dont stress it...thats one thing that shouldnt be done is start talking shit about the car or the owner, people not just u but people on this board tend to be asses sometimes and say OO wtf was he thinking what an idiot that looks like shit or run that car off a bridg when they should just simply say o i dislike the wing and get on with there lifes..JDMs for example everyone and there grandma has them and thats y i hesitated to get them but i had to get new heads so i decided to get the two piece and i bet if Censee and Cali or any of the hot galants would say they are gay then lil by lil everyone will think the same, point is that he liked it and thats all that matters because its his car soo who cares and as for performance mods that was done for points, whats a show car with no engine mods? there are so many imprts that go to HIN and have never been raced before and have sick engine work done just for show....if the scoop was used by a couple of members on this site it will end up growiing on alot of people thus making it a popular mod because it would be in style and everyone would like for everyon else to say thats hot...that man is winning mad shows and thats what matters to him and he has trophys to prove it as for u all u can say is ill smoke him which im not saying u wont but u dont go off racing ur G on fridays or saturdays and win shit or do u, correct me if im wrong....i am only 18 n i have done most of my work on my car (looks) myself besides the paint on the kit and im not great at engine mods but im decent and maybe its the opposite for u so u focus more on engine, as for this guy he is doing both for show....i dont even know if im makng sense so ill just stop because im tired of this topic...i jsut dont like it when people hate and talk shit when all they have donne to there G is kool xenon bulbs and im not saying u or pointing fingers but thats just MHO

WarmAndSCSI
04-02-2007, 11:40 PM
Very good point. It's great to show your car at shows, but I think it's so much more fun to drive it too; even if it's just on occasion.

I think it's much more impressive to have a car that is both daily driven and well-maintained enough to be a show car. That is what I want to do with my car once I have more free time and money.

edit: alexvr, it's just hard to read through your posts quickly because of your typing.

edit2: And yes, I like to race my car and drive it hard all the time. I wouldn't have spent my own time working on a lot of hard mods not to drive it. Trust me, as soon as the drag strip opens here, I will be out there every opportunity I get. I'd also like to take it to the really nice motorsports track here, but it's really expensive. And I will be making it out there to an open track day once I can find a spare $500.

alexvr
04-03-2007, 12:02 AM
yea i know what you mean, i think what is a nice fast car if u cant drive it, i have a body kit and still haul ass all the time lol i have a v6 so its not that slow lol but yea there are poeple out there who just hook up the cars and garage them, hell no ill drive every where and be seen 8)...after im done with looks ima go for performance

yea i type fast and dont bother looking over what i typed lol

its nice to see people racing galants, i bet there are alot of people who are like wtf a galant??? haha

WarmAndSCSI
04-03-2007, 12:06 AM
yea i know what you mean, i think what is a nice fast car if u cant drive it, i have a body kit and still haul ass all the time lol i have a v6 so its not that slow lol but yea there are poeple out there who just hook up the cars and garage them, hell no ill drive every where and be seen 8)...after im done with looks ima go for performance

yea i type fast and dont bother looking over what i typed lol

its nice to see people racing galants, i bet there are alot of people who are like wtf a galant??? haha

Trust me, the looks on peoples' faces when they get their sporty coupes' asses whooped by a 4dr Galant is priceless. And at stage 2 SDS, there are very few stock cars that can outperform mine on the highway.

alexvr
04-03-2007, 12:12 AM
hahahahaha i love to hear that :twisted:

Censee
04-03-2007, 12:19 AM
nice,,although some details really ruin the look of the car,, like the roof scoop,altezzas,spoiler, akwardly mounted splitter and canards...besides that looks good....lotta work went into it..

Reelax
04-03-2007, 06:12 AM
You are really fucking bitter. All I'm saying is that I don't like some of his mods because they detract from the rest of his "look." Nothing more.

really? this sounds like more:

That car has probably never even been on a track... I hate it when people waste money on "go-fast" mods just for show.

Sorry, but I think you are wrong. There was probably no hard work put into that car... just a lot of money (that may or may not have been hard-earned). The guy who owns it probably wouldn't dream of doing any of those modifications himself.

I would take my car over that piece of ricey shit (vinyls, stickers, roof scoop, park bench spoiler) because I actually put some hard work into my car. EVERY single performance mod on my car has been done by myself (supercharger install, engine rebuild, supporting fuel system mods, electronics). I take a lot more pride in my car than most show-car owners can because I did every single mod myself.

...And I could beat him any day on any track. His car is completely for show, my car is completely for go - his car is the definition of RICE.

And I still hold my opinion that it was dumb of him to taut a 150 shot nitrous system when you know damn well a stock 4G64 can't handle that with 6 PSI on top... I was simply noting that HE was trying to be a show-off rather than just saying he has a plain 'ol NOS system because that's all the judges can see any way. That kind of exaggeration is typical of "ricers," and isn't even relevant on a show car. Maybe he does have forged pistons... it would seem like an obvious thing to put on his detailed performance list, though.

It just pisses me off that people would instantly say that the he put a lot of work into the car. Having a nice show car is no different than me going out and buying a brand new Corvette C6 Z06. It impresses everybody sure, but that doesn't mean it took a lot of hard work to get it. It's just that a lot of people I have noticed with REALLY nice cars (like this one) do not have anything to do with its buildup (they may not be at all familiar with the components, for example). That's how I assumed for his car, but go ahead and prove me wrong. I still think that if it were true that he did not put much actual effort into the car (besides dropping a lot of dough on it) and that he chose to put a typical ricer parkbench on the back along with a roof scoop, that the car, although sharp looking overall, is really not that impressive.

so somehow you have decided that in order for a car to be nice, it has to have been worked on almost exclusively by the owner? guess i'll have to relay that new rule to all the show car owners. i also guess all the money they spent must have come easily and not through hard work because according to you, hard work has to be done w/ wrenches, not at a job or through savings... somebody had to make that money and somebody had to do that work. btw, your ZO6 analogy it faulty. if all things were equal, that Z06 would be a heavily modified show winner, and it would be critiqued by other corvette owners. but even if that Z06 in your example was bone stock, thanks to you we all now know it doesn't take a lot of hard work to get a Z06 (since getting the money to get a Z06 doesn't take hard work). :roll:

edit: And by the way, maybe you should have tried less to entice an argument to begin with. Several comments were made on how the car doesn't fancy some peoples' tastes. Fine; everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion. You really don't have any place to sit on a high horse and say that "his breaks (sic) cost more than 90% of your guys wheels and his body work cost more than most of your cars" and expect me not to get pissed. There is no way in hell that the body work on his Galant costs more than a good condition Galant. Because, remember, body work strictly means fitment, welding, and body aligment; it has nothing to do with paint. If you are going to make asinine comments that try to make me feel as though my Galant isn't worth anything when compared to a mediocre (and it is mediocre as far as show cars go) show car, please don't expect me not to argue.

i put it in bold again so you could look back, read and comprehend. you decided that his brakes (thanks for catching my spelling error / homonym confusion, i was busy not working hard so i could afford to pay somebody else to do some more work on my car) cost more than your wheels and/or his body work (which encompasses paint, prep / labor and parts as well) was worth more than your car... i used very open operative language in that line, notice the "90%" and the "most"; i left it up to you to decide if you fell into one or both of those categories, and you answered the question on your own. it wasn't like i addressed you by name and told you his car is better than yours... it's undeniably a better show car than yours of course.

edit2: And don't say I only insulted the guy. I was defending his gauge setup until you showed up.

who said you insulted him? like i said he probably has never heard of you or your car.

lnkn52
04-03-2007, 06:32 AM
yeah very clean G

Kenneth G
04-03-2007, 08:39 AM
i dont want to start another thread... so

is it hard to install flares like the ones he has and mold them to the body? what is really involved? some bondo, maybe a little bit of fiberglass and resin, and a whole lot of shape-sanding?

skyhigh90210
04-03-2007, 10:57 AM
This guy is at alot of NC carshows, so I've seen it in person before.

GOOSEY2099
04-03-2007, 12:08 PM
I don't know what you guys are bitching about, but from my point of view this is one fine peice of work, looks better the 95% of cars here. Everything nice but the rice tails although that dam fine fabrication

phizz2k
04-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Well I think his ride is pretty nice, although like everyone has said if it were mine, I would go anothere route.

The only thing I would change up is that front splitter cause it looks a little big but It maybe the angle in the pic...

As for motor work, Iam sure if someone spends that much time and money on looks that the motor and proper tuning is to follow eventually

(its like, hmmmm what else could i do :)

Nice ride and good work man keep it up....

ScottsNCGalant
04-03-2007, 07:06 PM
This is Scott, the owner of the car that this whole topic has been about. First, I just want to clarify a couple of things...obviously my name isn't Chris, it's Scott. I've never lived in TX, although I hear it's a nice place to live. I've lived in NC my entire life. I've tried to be very polite and nice to everyone with their questions and answers, but Its really aggravating to see so much trash talkin....do any of you know how much horsepower is involved? Or what maybe really done to the engine? I hate to sound so rude because this really isn't my nature...but the bottom line is this is a show car...Emphisis on "show". There are a lot of opinions on cars..and especially show cars...and even more particular HIN show cars.....There are many things about the car world that I dislike....and this is the thing I hate the most...is people shooting their mouth about things they dont know. I know these show cars aren't everyones taste and style. But a simple.."nice but not my taste" is more appropriate than " And I could beat him any day on any track" Assuming that engine parts are not functionable and that I didn't complete any of the work myself....Is just that....assuming.

Serstylz2
04-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Thanks for showing up and putting in decent words, I hope some of these fools can finally get some info then not choke on their toenails too much cuz their foot will be in their mouths

Goku
04-03-2007, 07:24 PM
I completely agree with you, but this is the nature of almost any publicly viewed hobby these days. You have done a really good job, you're car is imaculate and yes I do like it, even if I would have done it differently in some areas.

ScottsNCGalant
04-03-2007, 07:27 PM
I was just really surprised to see how much I was hated....I mean....I wasn't even planning on putting those pictures on that Cardomain sit....my girlfriend was board and tired of watching me study....so she said Im gonna put your galant on this website....I didn't realize it would cause such controversy....People were literally arguing over this....I thought people with galants would be happy that its getting really good exposure at shows...but I guess I was wrong.

Goku
04-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Don't take it personally, just leave them to it, you know the truth so thats all that really matters.

Reelax
04-03-2007, 07:40 PM
I was just really surprised to see how much I was hated....I mean....I wasn't even planning on putting those pictures on that Cardomain sit....my girlfriend was board and tired of watching me study....so she said Im gonna put your galant on this website....I didn't realize it would cause such controversy....People were literally arguing over this....I thought people with galants would be happy that its getting really good exposure at shows...but I guess I was wrong.

it's jealousy. don't sweat it.

Serstylz2
04-03-2007, 07:46 PM

it's jealousy. donl't sweat it.

Greed, Hate, Envy, Jealousy. You hear about it all the time when you're doing big things, and obviously you are doing big things with the car, so you gotta take it with a grain of salt. Keep doing your thing.

ScottsNCGalant
04-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Thanks for havin my back...when I wasn't there to defend myself.

ScottsNCGalant
04-03-2007, 07:52 PM
that one guy really had it out for me.....It almost sounded like he was trying to pick a fight with me.

Kenneth G
04-03-2007, 08:04 PM
This is Scott, the owner of the car that this whole topic has been about. First, I just want to clarify a couple of things...obviously my name isn't Chris, it's Scott. I've never lived in TX, although I hear it's a nice place to live. I've lived in NC my entire life. I've tried to be very polite and nice to everyone with their questions and answers, but Its really aggravating to see so much trash talkin....do any of you know how much horsepower is involved? Or what maybe really done to the engine? I hate to sound so rude because this really isn't my nature...but the bottom line is this is a show car...Emphisis on "show". There are a lot of opinions on cars..and especially show cars...and even more particular HIN show cars.....There are many things about the car world that I dislike....and this is the thing I hate the most...is people shooting their mouth about things they dont know. I know these show cars aren't everyones taste and style. But a simple.."nice but not my taste" is more appropriate than " And I could beat him any day on any track" Assuming that engine parts are not functionable and that I didn't complete any of the work myself....Is just that....assuming.

OWNED!!!

Kenneth G
04-03-2007, 08:10 PM
ive been here for a few months now... and this site is like any other.. you got the guys like the mods of TGC who know wtf they are talking about, and you got the guys who dont. dont sweat it. and dont let this thread make you think poorly of the people on this site. dont let a couple overopinionated uninformed people spoil the trouble, blood, sweat, tears, and frustration that im quite positive have gone into your car. honestly, i love your car and i was EXTREMELY proud to see a G sittin that pretty. the automotive industry needs to see more G's like yours so they can realize its huge potential which you have demonstrated to the fullest...

njjfudge
04-03-2007, 08:23 PM
ScottsNCGalant I think your car is very nice.

WarmAndSCSI
04-03-2007, 08:25 PM
that one guy really had it out for me.....It almost sounded like he was trying to pick a fight with me.

This is why I hate Internet message boards sometimes. No, just because I had an opinion about some of your mods that you don't like doesn't mean I have anything against you. EVERYBODY is entitled to their own opinion.

Just because you (and others) are pissed that I don't absolutely love your car is not going to change any of my opinions. Nor does it mean I am any less informed than any other person. You have a really nice show car. Congratulations. Just because I said a few things you (more so others) took to be negative (although most of my comments were completely irrelevant) in response to others' comments doesn't mean I hate you.

ScottsNCGalant
04-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Well first things first...It takes alot more than this to get me "pissed"......Its cool with me....Opinions are like assholes.....everybody has one and everbody is going to use it. Good luck on your car.

G-spot
04-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Sorry Scott for refering you as "Chris", I keeping thinking you're name is Chris since you happen to look like him :lol:

ScottsNCGalant
04-03-2007, 08:55 PM
No problem at all....Maybe I'll run across you again at HIN Dallas If Im able to make it down this year...Good looking car...Love the hood

G-spot
04-03-2007, 08:59 PM
I remember now:
Before I went and talk to you there was a blue Acura TL somewhere close to your car. His name was Chris and he lives in SC bu chill in Texas for shows. It was that night I've met Anthony from Midland (02on19s) and Fred (Da-gal) from Mesquite. It's tuff remembering names all in one sitting. Sorry I got that name and identity/history mixed up but now I do recall the conversation in that nite 8)

02on19s
04-04-2007, 12:04 AM
Whats up Scott- I'm glad i showed you this ...sux to see all the controversy going on without you knowing anything....

Overall the Ride is F'n sick!!!.. Pics dont describe what it looks like it person..the work looks sick!..tail conversion and fender flares look flawless. ''Give Props when Due''...c'.mon now

SpicyGalant
04-04-2007, 08:34 AM
jus cuz its a show car doesn't mean it doesn't make numbers-- who knows if it goes on the track?

u can show and go!

ScottsNCGalant
04-04-2007, 09:28 AM
Wuz up Anthony....I dont know if I will be going to any shows in TX...but if any, I will be at the HIN show in June....you going to be there? If so...I'll definately have to get some pictures of the cars together. I also remember meeting a guy down there that had a galant as well...but I cant remember his name...?? I remember his galant was black....with a lot of red in the engine bay...but I dont remember his name?? You friends with him?

G-spot
04-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Wuz up Anthony....I dont know if I will be going to any shows in TX...but if any, I will be at the HIN show in June....you going to be there? If so...I'll definately have to get some pictures of the cars together. I also remember meeting a guy down there that had a galant as well...but I cant remember his name...?? I remember his galant was black....with a lot of red in the engine bay...but I dont remember his name?? You friends with him?
His name is John (Jscout247) the last I remembered he's CF his front cyber 2 bumper and putting a N/A stroker kit in his new 3G GTS swap in the G. We shall see..... 8)

ScottsNCGalant
04-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Sounds really good...Is he doing anything else???? I remember seeing his car....looks really nice.

G-spot
04-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Redoing his dash CF/fiberglass, expensive coilovers, HIDs just to name a few.

NelsonC
04-04-2007, 03:07 PM
Wow this car has made some intresting chatter :roll: I must say myself its a great show car and i agree with Relaax

02on19s
04-04-2007, 05:11 PM

Whats up scott...heck yea ...and u know this 8) damn...looks like the Texas G's our takin over!!..:D...

F the haters :P

ScottsNCGalant
04-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Man...Im not worried about it...Its cool....been meaning to ask you what else you got going with your car?? Any new mods?

Serstylz2
04-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Well at least this thread got us a new member! :lol:

Niytrus
04-04-2007, 06:31 PM
I like the car myself, props for all the work put into it, looks great.

Out of curiosity, did you just stain the dash black or wrap with viynl?

WarmAndSCSI
04-04-2007, 07:01 PM
I just realized you had all Cobalt series gauges... those are niiiice 8)

I can only afford their Carbon Fiber series... blew too much on the AEM UEGO. :(

ScottsNCGalant
04-04-2007, 07:06 PM
Yeah, I just had the dash and doors dyed black.....The only reason I went with those gauges was to go with everything else that was LED blue. I was also wanting to see some pictures of your car. What year is it?? and also I love that front bumper on that silver galant.

WarmAndSCSI
04-04-2007, 07:12 PM
My car? You can't see my interior though... we're talking black APC gauge pod on tan interior :lol:

You can find some old pics around here somewhere. It's going to be repainted (dark Sunset Orange) and lowered this upcoming week, though. I have some new Enkeis also (I'm a cheapass). I'll post some pics when it's done.

Sorry about the hostilities before. I was being an asshole for no reason. I actually think your car looks really nice... even better with a new colormatched spoiler :smt002

edit: I have no idea whose car you were talking about wanting to see... sorry

ScottsNCGalant
04-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Its no big deal...no worries....I was talking about your car WarmandSCSI, But the interior I was talking to somebody else...sorry bout the confusion.
Sounds good though I actually flipped a coin to decide what color to paint my car.....the maserati blue that it is now...or the sunburst orange color that your painting yours...Im sure it will look great. Thats an excellent color to use with carbon fiber...if you plan on using carbon fiber. Sounds like its gonna look great.

WarmAndSCSI
04-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Here are some photos of the Corvette color I'm getting: http://digitalman.smugmug.com/gallery/317542#13233885. I'm really split on whether I'm going to do a body kit (it's too late now to get one molded and painted), but a carbon fiber hood and trunk lid might look sweet.

Los
04-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Things that gotta go.

Tail conversion
The BENCH on trunk
The roof scoop????
And do all those gauges actually do something??

definately a overdone show car. To much crap.

Reelax
04-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Things that gotta go.

Tail conversion
The BENCH on trunk
The roof scoop????
And do all those gauges actually do something??

definately a overdone show car. To much crap.

it is a show car... that's the whole point.

NelsonC
04-05-2007, 01:37 PM
:smt116

Danger DANJ
04-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Ughhh. What is wrong with people?! Why can't people express their dislikes for things in a more respectful way? I understand if people don't like something, even to the point of disgust, but there is no need to express those opinions with hostility.

And what the hell really is RICE anyway?! From the different things that I've heard called RICE on these boards, everyone here has atleast one thing that is RICE unless the car is stock to the bone. With my TGC sticker on the small side window, my car is definitely RICE! And with the way my RIPP headers sound along with my Dynomax cat-back at high RPM's, my car is straight up RASPY RICE!

Having a CF hood on a daily driver could be seen as RICE. Having HIDs in halogen headlights could be seen as RICE. I mean WTF?!

Reelax
04-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Ughhh. What is wrong with people?! Why can't people express their dislikes for things in a more respectful way? I understand if people don't like something, even to the point of disgust, but there is no need to express those opinions with hostility.

And what the hell really is RICE anyway?! From the different things that I've heard called RICE on these boards, everyone here has atleast one thing that is RICE unless the car is stock to the bone. With my TGC sticker on the small side window, my car is definitely RICE! And with the way my RIPP headers sound along with my Dynomax cat-back at high RPM's, my car is straight up RASPY RICE!

Having a CF hood on a daily driver could be seen as RICE. Having HIDs in halogen headlights could be seen as RICE. I mean WTF?!

i'm w/ u. my car is straight up rice too. i would get CENSEE into the rice wagon too but his car is movie rice. now VEGASMATT and CALI, when i see them at MOD07 in a few months, i'm gonna bring a rice cooker for their overly done cars. all of us are usdm+jdm=R(ice)dm.

excuse me i'm a victim of severe inebriation and sleep deprivation right now.

o2xtype
04-05-2007, 03:13 PM
man there are some hella haterz on here, I think if the car is used for show or to race looks great. There isnt a damn thing wrong with it. and theres no thing called a over done show car. the people that win best of shows are usally the one that have put stuff on there car that normal people wouldn't.

ScottsNCGalant
04-05-2007, 03:19 PM
I hate to break it to you "Los" but yeah all those gauges serve a purpose...the reason I went with what you call a "park bench" wing is b/c I was either going with a carbon trunk or a carbon wing...I picked the wing...the roof scoop was to go along with the overall extreme body modifications. And obviously you've never participated or been to a HIN show, b/c 90% of cars at HIN are what you would call "overly done". It would be like me saying " whats up with your paint...wheels...and I guess theres nothing else to say" but I want say that. But since I see your from Maryland....I'll be pretty close to you in a couple of weeks at the HIN DC show...maybe you should register your car...I mean we would both be in the same category 4 door mild....lets just see what HIN thinks? I hate to be this way, but lets show and compete against each other at this show. April 21st HIN DC........see you there?

qnz
04-05-2007, 08:46 PM
different strokes for different folks

could Scotts car apprear in:

Super Street: Yes
Import Tuner: Probably
Modified: yes
Sport Compact: No
Turbo: Probably not
dub: nope

so if you like reading import tuner and not Turbo, then Scotts car would appeal to you too. If you like, SCC but cant stand Superstreet, then you probably wont like Scotts car either.

ScottsNCGalant
04-05-2007, 09:34 PM
I agree with you totally GNZ, it will not appeal to people geared only torwards performance...I agree 100%, but what I disagree with is how people that are like that have such an attitude problem sometimes torwards cars like mine. Im still waiting for a response from "Los" (In the spirit of healthy car show competition) If he would want to compete his galant against mine at HIN DC? Just good clean car show competition

Reelax
04-05-2007, 09:51 PM
I agree with you totally GNZ, it will not appeal to people geared only torwards performance...I agree 100%, but what I disagree with is how people that are like that have such an attitude problem sometimes torwards cars like mine. Im still waiting for a response from "Los" (In the spirit of healthy car show competition) If he would want to compete his galant against mine at HIN DC? Just good clean car show competition

there's only a few 8G galants in the country that are hooked up enough to be parked next to yours... 1 in florida, 1 (maybe 2) in california, 1 in nevada, 1 (maybe 2) in NY/NJ, 1 in texas, and i know i'm forgetting a few in the midwest.... but definately less than 10 that i know of.

o2xtype
04-05-2007, 09:57 PM
I dont think everyone has to like the direction he went in but damn he put alot of work inot it why hate on it. i think i saw someone post that most of the work probally was done by him, and all i can say to that is, everyone wants one thing when you do any kind of vehicle that will be racing or showing !!!!!!SPONSORS!!!!! Why not let someone else pay for some shit on your car just to sport there logo(not to say he got his stuff through a sponsor). You still have to do work to even get notice by a sponser. Me honestly im glad hes on the east coast cause i dont want to compete with his car, i already have to worry about Matt, Cali, Remedy, Reelax, ect. :shock: You east coast guy stay at east coast shows i dont have the budget to keep up on all the new stuff on my car :smt013 j/k i think it would be great to get ever one for Nopi one year

o2xtype
04-05-2007, 09:58 PM

there's only a few 8G galants in the country that are hooked up enough to be parked next to yours... 1 in florida, 1 (maybe 2) in california, 1 in nevada, 1 (maybe 2) in NY/NJ, 1 in texas, and i know i'm forgetting a few in the midwest.... but definately less than 10 that i know of.

Maybe 2 in Nevada? lol

GoldGalant [Reborn]
04-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Shit how the fuck did I miss this. Bad ass color bro not feeling the wing but other than that your ride is badass. Keep it tight cuz.

ScottsNCGalant
04-05-2007, 10:17 PM
You would think that they would have a couple of NOPI shows out west...but they dont unfortunatley for you guys...but to tell you the truth I haven't ever been to a NOPI nationals show.

o2xtype
04-05-2007, 10:20 PM
im going to look at how much a auto transport would cost. cause i want to hit up a NOPI

ScottsNCGalant
04-05-2007, 10:29 PM
I could give you a pretty good idea..of about what it would cost. I sent my car fron NC to TX this past October for HIN Dallas. Enclosed, motorized double deck...very nice...very professional...and they treat your car like gold. about $1800 there and back. By the way I meant to tell you car looks really good...looks great in silver.

o2xtype
04-05-2007, 10:42 PM
thanks for both price and comment :D

Johnathansgalant
04-05-2007, 10:48 PM
awesome car bro... I like the widebody fender deal.. Where did u get the flares if u dont mind?? The wing is str8 everything looks good..

On another note its crazy hard to have a daily driver / show car unless u do 100% or close to that much work on ur car.. Anyone with a body kit and all decked out for show knows that u have to repaint ur car or atleast the bumpers every so often or every show to keep it fresh and chip free.. Molding cracks from stress and has to be redone.. Rims with brake dust have to be cleaned religiously.. Door dents and dings ---

the car is hot man keep it up..

ScottsNCGalant
04-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it...as far as the flares...they are actually flares for a Eclipse but just made them work for my car. You can usually find them on any performance website....I think mine were for a 01 type body style. Hope this helps...be ready for a lot of piecing and shaping...it was hard to do, but It will be worth it in the end.

WarmAndSCSI
04-06-2007, 12:48 AM
Wow, Vortech has your car on their site now: http://www.vortecheng.com/global_item.php?gik=198&section=V-Rides. Impressive! It's the only Japanese car on that page :lol:

seth98esT
04-06-2007, 01:40 AM
The car is obviously done very well with body work and paint. I personally think it would look a tone better with a VR4 wing! I think judges would think the same as it would be different then the rest of the ricers .. I mean cars haha jk :P

But what all is done to the engine? What type of boost are you running? Tuning? Why did you choose to go non-intercooled? Post some more pics!

ScottsNCGalant
04-06-2007, 01:46 AM
Its only running around 7 psi, and actually the car is at a local shop right now being tuned on the dyno. And also Ripp's/Vortech's supercharger systems do not require a front mount...all belt driven. Im gonna be getting it back probably tuesday or wednesday of next week...I have to get it back next week...cus I will be at HIN DC April 21st.

seth98esT
04-06-2007, 01:49 AM
All superchargers are belt driven, but any form of forced induction should be intercooled. Your just asking for problems running non-intercooled! Talk to the shop, see what it would take to get a FMIC or SMIC setup!

ScottsNCGalant
04-06-2007, 01:54 AM
Im not questioning your knowledge, but there isn't a Ripp/Vortech supercharged car out there that is intercooled...check it out. www.rippmods.com www.vortechsuperchargers.com

02on19s
04-06-2007, 04:13 AM

true man... Scotts car is sick as hell!.... I still have a bit to go..but do plan on getting there.

Los
04-06-2007, 09:03 AM
I hate to break it to you "Los" but yeah all those gauges serve a purpose...the reason I went with what you call a "park bench" wing is b/c I was either going with a carbon trunk or a carbon wing...I picked the wing...the roof scoop was to go along with the overall extreme body modifications. And obviously you've never participated or been to a HIN show, b/c 90% of cars at HIN are what you would call "overly done". It would be like me saying " whats up with your paint...wheels...and I guess theres nothing else to say" but I want say that. But since I see your from Maryland....I'll be pretty close to you in a couple of weeks at the HIN DC show...maybe you should register your car...I mean we would both be in the same category 4 door mild....lets just see what HIN thinks? I hate to be this way, but lets show and compete against each other at this show. April 21st HIN DC........see you there?

You're right I've never participated in HIN. I was going to start this year but, honestly I lost a lot of interest in the show scene late last year. It's too much work trying to keep a show car that gets driven daily. I even have my NCCA membership and I was working towards competing this year. Needless to say i won't be doing any shows, I just don't have time and money. I like having my lightly modded daily driver, as apposed to a full out show car, that I can barely drive. Oh yeah another thing you're in 4 door mild??? All those mods and you're still in MILD. I guess that's what I never like about the show scene. Competeting with Mild cars that get trailered and cars that sometimes don't even start it's not really a fair scene. There's just something about being subtle and still be able to compete. Anyways I've never been into scoops and wings so to each his own. Not sure if I like the tails, but it a cleaner job than most. I always thought that show cars aren't about how many hood or roof scoops you have or how many gauges you can cram into the driver and passenger areas, or about how many mods you can do to you're ride. Like I said to each his own. I like subtle lines and clean rides. There's plenty of things you can do with or without when doing shows. I get lots on compliments on my color combo, so whatever. Like I said I was working towards doing shows, hence the colors. I might be coming to HIN, but only as a spectator. Thanks for the offer of friendly competition. If I was even half ready I might take you up on it, but I'm not even close. Haven't given my ride any TLC recently in form of $$$. :(

Skillz911
04-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Do you drive it often at all or is it just mainly car show use? ? Because having a show car and driving it on the regular is a pain in the ass. I ask because I know how much work it is to keep up with if its driven often.

Johnathansgalant
04-06-2007, 10:41 AM
no intercooler but they do have after coolers which has less psi drop and are in the engine bay... very small though as superchargers dont make much heat

Serstylz2
04-06-2007, 10:44 AM
i dont think he drives that often fellas

ScottsNCGalant
04-06-2007, 11:15 AM
This is answering Skillz911....yeah I do drive it, and I totally agree with you it is difficult to maintain a high quality show piece and drive it every day I totally agree with you. I do drive every once in a while...especially on these beautiful NC dayz...good looking pictures of your car..love the silver on carbon.

ScottsNCGalant
04-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Hey Los, when I said that about your "paint and wheels" it was an example of what you said about my "roof scoop, tail light conversion, wing, and gauges" I never said I didn't like them..I love the gold wheels...they look very similiar to the Volk line. Looks really good, but my point was exactly what you said " I get a lot of compliments on my color and wheel combo" and I also get the same compliments on exactly what you said you didn't like..thats all...every body has different taste. Although Im not quite sure why you would go to the HIN show when 90-95% of the cars there will be just like mine....and Im just a mild car....which means even more stuff that you will hate to see on the wild and elite cars.

qnz
04-06-2007, 11:27 AM
hey scott, how did you find us btw? did someone tell you about this thread or were you a member before?

devgrp
04-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Car looks real nice. I'm just not feeling the spoiler though. Just my $0.02

ScottsNCGalant
04-06-2007, 11:37 AM
When I was at the HIN Dallas show this past October...I met a few people down there that told me I should join...so its been since about late October...early November.

o2xtype
04-06-2007, 01:50 PM
did you use a eclipse model to get the right Rotora's for your car?

ScottsNCGalant
04-06-2007, 02:14 PM
No, they do make applications for the 4 cyl. as well as the v6, Is your car a v6 or a 4 cyl? Im actually getting ready to put v6 ass end on my car...becase Rotora makes a v6 rear brake system...so I will have the same set up on the back as I do the front. The guy at Rotora you should talk to is a guy named Lauren...yes its a guy. Hope this helps.

o2xtype
04-06-2007, 02:48 PM
helps alot! i never thought to look at the website first im a little slow lol, thanks.

Reelax
04-06-2007, 04:24 PM
All superchargers are belt driven, but any form of forced induction should be intercooled. Your just asking for problems running non-intercooled! Talk to the shop, see what it would take to get a FMIC or SMIC setup!

when they get enough boost, the ripp guys run methanol injection to cool the charge (stage 2 and 3). VEGASMATT was one fo the first run this setup on our platform.

Reelax
04-06-2007, 05:03 PM

Maybe 2 in Nevada? lol

yours was one of the ones that came to mind... and VEGASMATT.

o2xtype
04-06-2007, 06:24 PM

Maybe 2 in Nevada? lol

yours was one of the ones that came to mind... and VEGASMATT.

i was just playing. my car is all torn apart right now till the new back bumper comes

Censee
04-06-2007, 08:52 PM

i think u could also use the evo 8 application since the evo brakes fit our cars in all 4 corners too

6G72gearhead
04-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Generally superchargers arent inter/aftercooled until they start to develope high boost and even then not all are cooled (example: Top Fuel). Seeing as the compressor housing isnt attatched to an exhaust turbine that creates more heat than any pully driven system could. Up until recently most supercharged cars where not cooled in any way as roots type applications do not easily allow such devices. Centi's started the methanol stuff and now using more plenum on roots boosted cars like alpine developments kit you can fit a air/water aftercooler on supercharged vehicles.

Scott, you've done alot of work to that car, but my opinion is still that if it has a cage, it will live on the racetrack.

ScottsNCGalant
04-08-2007, 03:55 PM
I understand what your saying, but still there are many HIN show cars that have cages that will never see a track...just like mine. but still dont underestimate...It will still get up and go

Xavier22
04-09-2007, 04:46 PM
just saw the pics and all the posts! -very nice g, what part of NC u in, and what car shows do you go to in NC near the coast. - wouldn't mind seeing your g in person. -

Kenneth G
04-09-2007, 04:53 PM
i cant believe that this has taken up 6 pages... wow

ScottsNCGalant
04-09-2007, 05:00 PM
I live in Lexington, NC but its near High Point, Winston, and Greensboro...I live in that general area. I live in Lexington, but I commute every day to school at UNCG. Where do you live?? Im gonna be at the HIN charlotte show in July...maybe you can catch that event.

skyhigh90210
04-09-2007, 05:06 PM
I remember your car from a Lexington car show last year, My car was bone stock at the time.

ScottsNCGalant
04-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Its only been in 1 show in Lexington...So whats your name?? where you from??? what you drive???

skyhigh90210
04-09-2007, 05:10 PM
My name is David, I live out in Charlotte, and I drive a 01 Galant. I go to Greensboro from time to time to help move some of my sisters stuff around she goes to UNCG too.

ScottsNCGalant
04-09-2007, 05:25 PM
small world

krispy03
04-09-2007, 07:18 PM
i touch myself at night

o2xtype
04-09-2007, 09:59 PM

i think u could also use the evo 8 application since the evo brakes fit our cars in all 4 corners too

cool thanks :D

o2xtype
04-09-2007, 10:02 PM
i touch myself at night

i touch him as well at night :smt064

Cali
04-09-2007, 11:42 PM
i touch myself at night

i touch pedro's mom at night. :lol:

the car is very nicely executed.

SleekGTZ
04-11-2007, 12:29 AM
LOL! I never paid attention to this thread, but then I noticed the "read count" was too high, so there was definitely something going on...

Not exactly my style, but yeah its a nice car and very well done. Props to the workmanship.

I can't afford those kinds of mods, I'm poor. :(

mindwerkz
04-11-2007, 01:08 PM
I love almost everything about this G-ride. Way to represent!

Censee
04-11-2007, 03:20 PM
i touch myself at night

i touch pedro's mom at night. :lol:

the car is very nicely executed.

i touch ure sister......

Gladiator
04-16-2007, 12:08 AM
I still don't get how to build a 'show car'.

Do you first spend a lot of money on mods, then hope that some sponsors give you more money? I don't mind Sparco, Tein, K&N or whatever else to 'sponsor' me.

Armageddon Sunset
04-16-2007, 12:54 AM
I like it, sure the spoiler isnt all that great, but the rear looks good, the trunk was done nice to work with those tails and those fender flares are HOT!!!! he is still an auto though, but for a show car he doesnt need a 5spd.

mindwerkz
04-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Basically Gladiator, it all comes down to convincing the sponsor that helping you in the way you ask is going to give them a good return on their investment. So if you show them that you goto three shows a month, race and Import Tuner is going to do an article on your car in 6 months, than you have a much better chance of getting something than just saying you take your car to shows and like what they make for your car.

And then there's partial sponsorships (real nice discounts) and full sponsorships. To get a free ride you'd really have to prove that you'll be getting the word out for them.

The more polite and articulate you are with them, and the more thought out and unique your plan is, the more likely they are to pay attention to you.

Most of them will tell you exactly what they would need from you in exchange for full sponsorship if you ask them. For instance, this is how one of my partial sponsors responded when I asked them. "We require guaranteed media coverage and at least ten major events per season.". Others, like Tein, have told me that they will only sponsor those who are actively racing and they won't be awarding new sponsorships til next year.

Just poke around, be polite and when cold contacting them make sure you say exactly what you want and what you are willing to do in return, in detail.

Oh and expect to be turned down constantly. And remember that they are looking for partners, not just a rolling advertisement.

Of course, what do I know... I'm still working on getting a decent sponsorship deal m'self. :?

S-Line
04-16-2007, 01:15 PM
I know that car clubs can get some sponsors. The car club I'm in has a partial sponsorship w/ andysautosport.com so we get discounts.

ScottsNCGalant
04-16-2007, 01:38 PM
The only thing I can tell you is how I went about doing things...I set up a professional photo shoot with the car, and sent out these pictures to every company I was interested in thats how I got involved with Madfish Customs on the audio system, Ripp, and Rotora, although Ripp only gave me a big discount. ( Im not too happy with them, but thats another story). So thats how I went about doing things.

qnz
04-16-2007, 02:31 PM
so you did all the bodywork first and then the SC, audio, and brakes were added on at the end?

ScottsNCGalant
04-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Yeah, thats pretty much..the sequence of events. The only thing is that Madfish Customs who did the audio sponsered me before the professional photo shoot. That was just a stroke of luck if you ask me...I was at the right place at the right time.

Predat-R
04-16-2007, 04:56 PM
scotty boy beam me up,the g looks good not feeling the lexus tail.......hahaha..just kidding.I see a lot of the same things that im doing and gotta give u mad props.At the end of the day not everyone is going to understand why or how or even if it should be done.Just do u and have fun doing it.Im not much of a show guy but u got to do alot to compete,nice job on the G.

VegasMatt
04-16-2007, 05:05 PM

Maybe 2 in Nevada? lol

No he is right there is only 1. And its Krispy...doh.

VegasMatt
04-16-2007, 05:07 PM
The only thing I can tell you is how I went about doing things...I set up a professional photo shoot with the car, and sent out these pictures to every company I was interested in thats how I got involved with Madfish Customs on the audio system, Ripp, and Rotora, although Ripp only gave me a big discount. ( Im not too happy with them, but thats another story). So thats how I went about doing things.

Whats the problem with Ripp if you dont mind me asking? You can PM me if you do not want it in the open. I love a good Ripp story being an ex-SDS'er and all.

ScottsNCGalant
04-16-2007, 05:16 PM
No, I dont mind putting it out in the open, I have nothing to be ashamed of or hide. Basically it starts back to about a year ago, when I sent them the pictures, in which I recieved a call from them the very next day and was told that I would be in the running at the end of the year for a full sponsorship. There was an Eclipse, Tiburon, and my car, as the best 3 cars that had seen (according to them). Anyways when I started having problems with my car...they wouldn't return my calls...they didn't want to talk to me...and only two weeks Ripp told the guy that was tuning my car on the dyno basically that "they didn't know whats wrong, some cars accept there SDS systems and some dont... oh well" So thats pretty much why I have a slight problem. Oh yeah and also they even requsted additional pictures of my car back in Decmeber...and that was basically it....I never heard anything else. But obviously the car they decided to give the full sponsorship to was the eclipse..because its all over thier website. But thats just about the full story. In my opinion they just dont seem to care about tech questions and problems with they arise.

Censee
04-16-2007, 09:33 PM
what was the problems u had with their kit??

ScottsNCGalant
04-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Lots of compatability issues....My car just wasn't wanting to accept and agree with all the modifications we were trying to do. Lot of ECU problems...that was producing a bad sputter sound when hit at a certain rpm..but I just got it back this past week from turbo tune..a local shop..that has cured the problem....finally.

Censee
04-17-2007, 12:10 AM
Lots of compatability issues....My car just wasn't wanting to accept and agree with all the modifications we were trying to do. Lot of ECU problems...that was producing a bad sputter sound when hit at a certain rpm..but I just got it back this past week from turbo tune..a local shop..that has cured the problem....finally.

did u get the kit with the black box??.... i remember vegassmatt has one of their kits but i think he had one of their first versions and it came with another type of engine management that would detune itself for some reason....it would lose the tune after awhile..

ScottsNCGalant
04-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Yeah I got the complete kit...I got the black box...and the brat box.

VegasMatt
04-17-2007, 04:40 PM
I had the HKS AFR unit which never held the tune. It sound like Scott's problem and the problem I had were very similar. I ended up blowing two motors then decided to dump the SDS. Right after that they came out with the black box for the Galant. I'll never know if it would have worked or not with the black box. I think from time to time of just ordering another SDS system but not sure if I want to deal with the headaches. I like what Boozstalot has done with the 4g74 swap, and I am interested in doing that as a next project.

ScottsNCGalant
04-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Hey, just curious what did " Boozstalot" do? Just curious

mindwerkz
04-17-2007, 05:04 PM
Everyone I've ever spoken to around here in Colorado has told me that the first thing they do when they get a RIPP kit, is to throw away the black box and replace it with a Greddy eManage blue or ultimate.

ScottsNCGalant
04-17-2007, 05:19 PM
Thats interesting...I've never heard that. So they have had better luck? Since I've had it tuned...It has ran so much better and solid. Also..have they not any type of compatibility issues with the Greddy e-manage system?

VegasMatt
04-18-2007, 11:44 AM

Swapped the 4g74 out of the Diamante into the Galant. Bolts right in and more displacement.

VegasMatt
04-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Everyone I've ever spoken to around here in Colorado has told me that the first thing they do when they get a RIPP kit, is to throw away the black box and replace it with a Greddy eManage blue or ultimate.

I heard the same out here, I wish I would have ran the Greddy Emanage blue when I had the SDS, I bet it would kick ass. I think someone on this site is selling one for around 600 in the FS forum.

He lowered the price to 550 and its for the ultimate, I should jump on this myself.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=55714

Censee
04-20-2007, 11:59 AM
hey scott,, did u get that radiator shroud/cover custom made??/ ive been looking for soemthing like that for awhile....looks alot cleaner...

ScottsNCGalant
04-22-2007, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I had a local performance shop build it for me...yeah it does clean things up...they said it was pretty aggravating though.

Censee
04-22-2007, 03:05 PM
whats it made of??

milo111000
04-22-2007, 03:16 PM

Swapped the 4g74 out of the Diamante into the Galant. Bolts right in and more displacement.

he meant 6g74..

ScottsNCGalant
04-22-2007, 08:14 PM
They just made it of regular aluminum, but ofcourse I had it polished, they are going to be making me an entire engine bay shroud this week.